Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question to those who have built the AkLex Prime

Nasrol

Question

Sorry if this is a silly question but I hope someone knows the answers. :nerd:

I have been using the Lex Prime as my preferred secondary weapon for a while now (I have used a couple of Forma's and an Orokin Catalyst on it) and I really do not want to lose it. So I want to build x2 new rank 0 Lex Primes and use those instead. My question is if I have 3x Lex Primes can I select the 2 rank 0's or is it RNG as to which ones get used in the creation?

15 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Using two fresh Lex Primes is definitely the better option anyway, with its reduced accuracy the AkLex Prime is more of a side-grade than an upgrade.

I wish people would quit saying that. The accuracy nerf hardly hurts it at all. If anything, it's the recoil that makes it painful, but if you aren't a pleb and lower your aim sensitivity, it's fine. The higher RoF and doubled clip size make it a solid upgrade on the Lex P. Not too powerful, but able to compete with the likes of Akstiletto P without being relegated to pocket sniper status.

Just now, Crytpekz said:

I wish people would quit saying that. The accuracy nerf hardly hurts it at all. If anything, it's the recoil that makes it painful, but if you aren't a pleb and lower your aim sensitivity, it's fine. The higher RoF and doubled clip size make it a solid upgrade on the Lex P. Not too powerful, but able to compete with the likes of Akstiletto P without being relegated to pocket sniper status.

It's fine if you're using it at short to medium range, or just going for body shots, but it's a nerf if you're trying for long range headshots which was always a Lex Prime thing.

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

It's fine if you're using it at short to medium range, or just going for body shots, but it's a nerf if you're trying for long range headshots which was always a Lex Prime thing.

I have mine slotted with Hydraulic Crosshairs and was head-shotting corrupted in a void defense mission from the door in the hall all the way to the objective with zero issue. You can't use max fire-rate to do so, but you're still very much capable of long range pocket-sniping. You just have to take a little more time between shots lining them up. In exchange, you can also now chew through crowds in a way that a solo Lex simply can't. Obviously you feel one way, but I'm of the opinion that it's a straight upgrade, even if some functions have changed slightly from the base model. I firmly believe the gains far outweigh the costs.

Just now, Crytpekz said:

I have mine slotted with Hydraulic Crosshairs and was head-shotting corrupted in a void defense mission from the door in the hall all the way to the objective with zero issue. You can't use max fire-rate to do so, but you're still very much capable of long range pocket-sniping. You just have to take a little more time between shots lining them up. In exchange, you can also now chew through crowds in a way that a solo Lex simply can't. Obviously you feel one way, but I'm of the opinion that it's a straight upgrade, even if some functions have changed slightly from the base model. I firmly believe the gains far outweigh the costs.

Considering how easy the Lex Prime parts are to farm there's virtually no reason not to have both anyway for the 6p cost of an extra weapon slot.

Recoil on dual pistols is something that I just today realised doesn't feel right to me.  I understand the reduced accuracy for holding in one hand but we alternate fire between the two guns so why does the kick from my first shot (raising right hand) affect my second shot (from the left hand)?  Surely having a second pistol in your other hand should allow you to fire again without waiting to correct your aim.  In my opinion dual pistols should have lower base accuracy but less recoil, making them better at rapid firing but not as good at slow sniping.

1 minute ago, Katinka said:

Recoil on dual pistols is something that I just today realised doesn't feel right to me.  I understand the reduced accuracy for holding in one hand but we alternate fire between the two guns so why does the kick from my first shot (raising right hand) affect my second shot (from the left hand)?  Surely having a second pistol in your other hand should allow you to fire again without waiting to correct your aim.  In my opinion dual pistols should have lower base accuracy but less recoil, making them better at rapid firing but not as good at slow sniping.

Have you ever fired a gun? 

Recoil is a physical force that literally pushes your body back. With a high caliber pistol like the Lex, which IIRC is modeled after the .45 ACP, you have a lot of force with each shot. And as you're wielding two, you don't have your spare hand to brace your wrist to absorb the force of the shot, your body would be more likely to move more, making it harder to aim your concurrent shots from the other gun, given your torso would be shifting from the force.

Just now, Crytpekz said:

Have you ever fired a gun? 

Recoil is a physical force that literally pushes your body back. With a high caliber pistol like the Lex, which IIRC is modeled after the .45 ACP, you have a lot of force with each shot. And as you're wielding two, you don't have your spare hand to brace your wrist to absorb the force of the shot, your body would be more likely to move more, making it harder to aim your concurrent shots from the other gun, given your torso would be shifting from the force.

I've fired guns but not pistols and certainly never two alternating, one in each hand.  I understand that recoil is a physical force but it doesn't look like warframes have their whole body thrown back by the force of firing a Lex in one hand.  The hands raise and their view follows it.  Torso shifting surely wouldn't give the consistent vertical rise anyway since it would be a force on one side of the body causing it to pivot sideways.  Real world physics of recoil seems a somewhat of a moot point when discussing warframes anyway, I mean Atlas literally can't be knocked down by any amount of physical force if his feet are on the ground yet firing a pistol moves him?

1 minute ago, Katinka said:

I've fired guns but not pistols and certainly never two alternating, one in each hand.  I understand that recoil is a physical force but it doesn't look like warframes have their whole body thrown back by the force of firing a Lex in one hand.  The hands raise and their view follows it.  Torso shifting surely wouldn't give the consistent vertical rise anyway since it would be a force on one side of the body causing it to pivot sideways.  Real world physics of recoil seems a somewhat of a moot point when discussing warframes anyway, I mean Atlas literally can't be knocked down by any amount of physical force if his feet are on the ground yet firing a pistol moves him?

I mean, fair enough points. To be honest, the way the Crosshair system in WF works isn't really built to properly emulate dual wielding anyway. You can't really ADS of both guns at the same time, short of having it alternate from side to side for each shot, and that would just make people nauseous with all the camera jittering. I don't think it works as well as it maybe could, but I'm not against how it currently works. You get both functions out of the weapon as needed while only sacrificing a bit in the way of recoil. I think it just offers more versatility for the Lex that it otherwise lacked, which is why the Akstiletto overshadowed it so much, As it stands both are now viable for crowds, it's just that the Akstiletto does crowds better/faster at the cost of more ammo. Aklex is the slower more ammo efficient way to clear groups.

11 hours ago, Crytpekz said:

It's a side grade no matter what. The accuracy does matter, before it was basically pinpoint accurate, now the bullets are split in triangles due to the multishot. The reload speed is lower and the recoil seems higher as well. It's natural that you cannot say it exceeds the normal Lex P, no matter how you look at it.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart