Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

login rewards for new players and the future

45neo

Since the inevitable outcome of login rewards is there are gonna be milestone rewards se at very high amounts I.E. Down the line when there is a 1000 day login reward. Say your a new player and you want that login reward for 1000 days played.... do you really want to wait 2.5 years for  that awesome log in reward?

Now, what I am suggesting is not to take away from those who have dedicated themselves to logging in for that long by giving new players a pass to 1000 days and all rewards between.

Instead I purpose a sort of acceleration to milestones if one is far behind, the farther someone is behind from the current highest possible log in amounts the sooner they reach mile stone rewards, so i.e. a new player joins the day after players reach 1000 days, instead of taking 50 days to reach the first milestone reward it could be shrunk down so it will take say even only 1 day, and as they get closer reaching milestones will take longer until eventually they normalize. If this is made to happen before they catch up in terms of "total days" this would still reward dedicated players as they would always have first access to login milestones, meanwhile this system helps new players to feel left WAY behind in the dust. 

NOTE: with this system players would not get more than 1 days worth of rewards at once unless they are all milestone rewards, just decrease the time it takes to reach earlier milestone rewards such that they can somewhat "catch up" so to speak. So I.E. if a person if far enough behind (hypothetically) they might receive 2 milestone rewards on the same day however they would not get regular login rewards for the days between.

If there's a way to catch up, why have the system at all. Might as well just give the rewards to the players through another means. It would defeat the purpose of logging in everyday, you could just leave Warframe and come back and catch up. Not really a Daily Tribute anymore. It's supposed to reward players who login everyday. 

At least they moved away from the old system, which would reset if you missed a single login, effectively punishing the player for not being able to log in to the game. I really enjoy the system in place; I'm actually just one login away from getting Primed Vigor. I know that other people have already gotten it since I've missed several logins in the past, but it feels good to finally get it. I've earned it due to my faithfulness in playing Warframe

That's the point of the daily tribute system.

The only acceptable (to me at least) way I see is that instead of getting just one unique item the player who reached the reward gets access to the source of these items while items themselves become tradeable. This would benefit everyone - new players can get what they want while dedicated players get a new platinum supply.

Edited by Ksaero

11 hours ago, Ninja22678 said:

If there's a way to catch up, why have the system at all. Might as well just give the rewards to the players through another means. It would defeat the purpose of logging in everyday, you could just leave Warframe and come back and catch up. Not really a Daily Tribute anymore. It's supposed to reward players who login everyday. 

NOT a complete cat up, I meant a way to boost new player CLOSER to where everyone else is, the point of this is to make players not feel overwhelmed how rewards they may want will take them 2+ years of play to get, and while warframe is a great game who knows what will happen to a company in 2 years.

Also if a person misses 1 login reward because of say irl issues, any number of which are more important than logging on to get a daily reward, if a person because of that is a day or two behind, then a day or two more behind when another issue comes up and this repeats, they may be a dedicated player bu if they are 100 days behind why not allow them to catch up to be only say 50 days behind?

I guess another things I forgot to mention is I was thinking for players who are new this catch up would by minor, but would increase in magnitude with repeated logins, I.E. logging in twice in a row will help them get closer than logging in 2 days but not logging in between those two days. 

11 hours ago, Telluric said:

At least they moved away from the old system, which would reset if you missed a single login, effectively punishing the player for not being able to log in to the game. I really enjoy the system in place; I'm actually just one login away from getting Primed Vigor. I know that other people have already gotten it since I've missed several logins in the past, but it feels good to finally get it. I've earned it due to my faithfulness in playing Warframe

That's the point of the daily tribute system.

If you miss one login you are permanently 1 day behind everyone in getting login rewards, if you start now a player is over 400 days behind all the login rewards.... 400 days is a long time so why not shrink the gap a bit?  Not to allow them complete catch up but to get players who are way behind closer to the milestones, otherwise despite what you may think this new system not just A. punishes missing days permanently B. will seem to new players for punishing them for not playing the game earlier.... like much earlier.

10 hours ago, Ksaero said:

The only acceptable (to me at least) way I see is that instead of getting just one unique item the player who reached the reward gets access to the source of these items while items themselves become tradeable. This would benefit everyone - new players can get what they want while dedicated players get a new platinum supply.

perhaps, however that would be harder for DE to do within the 100 day period. AlI am suggesting is that WHILE keeping it so players who log in EVERY day still get rewarded for doing so, they get the milestones first and all login rewards, a system could be implemented so that people who are HUNDREDS of days behind, either because of irl reasons that prevent them from logging on when the otherwise would or because they are new. Others have already got the rewards they have not got so why not have new players and players far behind have a way to get at least closure to where everyone else is? 

I think your system would be reasonable but also it would be hard to implement otherwise I would be all for it.