The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Passive Bonuses

Hallowieners

Warframes with passive bonuses.

Ember partially resistant to fire damage.

Frost partially resistant to frost damage , shield does not suffer in cold environments. 

Rhino almost immune to knockdown, rather he just slides back when hit by a shockwave.

Saryn resistant to toxic.

Volt resistant to shock damage.

Banshee has super sonic hearing, can hear enemy footsteps and such, proximal location on radar or maybe flashing orb through walls? This method of sensing enemy is immune to the grineer scanner's radar jammer. 

Trinity has slow health regeneration bonus for team mates, or amplify rejuvenation artifact? Another idea is having power efficiency/strength be proportional to team's overall health. 

Excalibur has better blocking, farther reach and 0.2% health damage with melee?

Mag can walk on any metal surface, able to stick there, or perhaps negate some stamina while wall running? 

Ash automatically dodges laser traps, have some animation play when a laser trap is about to hit him, for example if ash runs through a laser field, he will automatically jump past it in a way that uses his blades to deflect the laser, ducks under laser spinner trap if it moves at him. See enemy movement paths. 

Nyx can see what enemy is aggro'd to who and by how much, and when they're about to attack.

Loki immune to grineer commander's teleportation, able to tell difference between decoys (Hek). Has a chance to have nearby enemy weapons to malfunction? Chance to dodge attacks? Lower aggro level than team. 

Vauban cannot be detected by cameras or turrets, or maybe have Vauban prevent security from being activated through terminal hack. Alternate paths through areas are highlighted on the screen. 

Nova's power strength is increased depending on the amount of enemies surrounding her. 

Nekros power efficiency/strength/duration can temporarily increase depending on how many enemies are killed in the past ten seconds? 

Valkyr's power strength increases the lower her health is. For hysteria, the power strength would apply on cast, and not be affected by health regaining in hysteria. 

Oberon gains 50% power efficiency when around trees.

Oberon can gain energy from being healed, and healing teammates. 
Edited by DesuEx

Maybe have it tied to the Warframes level?

For instance Ember:

Lvl 0: 0% Fire Resistence

Lvl 5: 10% Fire Resist

Lvl 15: 40%

Lvl 30: 100%

For banshee, lvling up warframe could increase distance she can hear.

For Mag, limit how long she can be on the surfaces, perhaps with stamina. Higher lvl reduces stamina required.

Ash dodging laser traps wouldn't be very useful except, obviously, against the Corpus. Also, I can't break that down into lvl's without making it a 'chance to succeed' type thing, which would be lame.

All in all, an interesting concept I'd be very interested in seeing implemented, though unlikely to happen anytime soon...

I don't think passives would be a nice thing, If what you stated was going to be implemented, A lot of people would be mad and consider this frame or that frame OP.

Even though some of these passives are logical(Specially rhino's), some might be really good, If passives would be implemented, I think it would be better if you had like Passive cards in their own slots(make it like 4 slots, with 8+ cards to acquire), Like instead of putting Less damage from fire damage as a mod, Make it into a slot in its own with low stats, Not much, And make it purchasable so it doesn't cripple the mod drop system.

I don't know, this is how I think of passives.

Vauban isnt targeted by cameras and turrets.

Loki is immune to teleportation.

There might be better ones for these two though :3

Hm, yes these seem like good suggestions as well. O:

Some make sense, others you're reaching for.

Example: Trinity....we have the Rejuvination artifact.

I'm aware of the Rejuvenation artifact, perhaps have Trinity amplify it? 

I don't think passives would be a nice thing, If what you stated was going to be implemented, A lot of people would be mad and consider this frame or that frame OP.

Even though some of these passives are logical(Specially rhino's), some might be really good, If passives would be implemented, I think it would be better if you had like Passive cards in their own slots(make it like 4 slots, with 8+ cards to acquire), Like instead of putting Less damage from fire damage as a mod, Make it into a slot in its own with low stats, Not much, And make it purchasable so it doesn't cripple the mod drop system.

I don't know, this is how I think of passives.

I was aiming towards making each Warframe more unique to each other, and perhaps there should be Warframe weaknesses as well to counteract the passive bonuses. 

Edited by DesuEx

@DesuEx
While I agree that passives would be nice, they would have to very carfully balance them to avoid them either being OP, or being nearly worthless.

Currently people can just slide through laser doors so your suggestions for Ash and vauban aren't that helpful.  Also they have yet to fix Hek's skin for his decoys making it a pointless ability (besides it showing level 1 in his health bar).

The only other thing is instead of sticking, make Mag able to wall run as long as she has stamina on metal surfaces, such as being able to run up a wall as far as she wants without ever flipping off until she runs out of stamina.  That would be a more balanced and less game-breaky ability.

The others I can agree with though.

@DesuEx

While I agree that passives would be nice, they would have to very carfully balance them to avoid them either being OP, or being nearly worthless.

Currently people can just slide through laser doors so your suggestions for Ash and vauban aren't that helpful.  Also they have yet to fix Hek's skin for his decoys making it a pointless ability (besides it showing level 1 in his health bar).

The only other thing is instead of sticking, make Mag able to wall run as long as she has stamina on metal surfaces, such as being able to run up a wall as far as she wants without ever flipping off until she runs out of stamina.  That would be a more balanced and less game-breaky ability.

As for Ash's passive, this would also apply to those rotating laser traps in the void, Ash would automatically duck under them and such when a laser gets near him. And Vauban's ability would make it so that turrets are not activated as well. 

Edited by DesuEx

I like the idea of passive traits, both positive and negative. Warframes don't have a lot of identity beyond their power sets when it comes to gameplay. Even traits like sprint speed and energy/shields can all be changed with mods to the point where it isn't a major factor anymore. Passive traits for warframes that can't be imitated(in the case of a buff) or rectified(in the case something negative, like low shield strength) that give each frame a more unique feel, as well as allowing them to better complement each other. Besides that, it would just feel badass to no-sell a shockwave MOA while playing as Rhino. Even if it pushes you back a bit, it's still better than watching your hulking tank just get knocked on his back and lay there. One suggestion for something specific from the OP: Rather than Mag being able to stick to any surface, maybe just allow her to wall run farther, higher, and at a lower stamina cost

As for resistances they should probably start at 5% and end at 30% at level 30. Ideally they would buff resistance mods to 50% at max, making a Frost, Ember, Volt or Saryn nearly immune to their element if using a resist mod.

Making them flat out immune may be a bit too far.

I have a wierd idea for Trinity: When her shield goes down she has a chance to drop a health orb behind her. 20% chance at level 1 - 100% chance at level 30.

As for resistances they should probably start at 5% and end at 30% at level 30. Ideally they would buff resistance mods to 50% at max, making a Frost, Ember, Volt or Saryn nearly immune to their element if using a resist mod.

Making them flat out immune may be a bit too far.

I have a wierd idea for Trinity: When her shield goes down she has a chance to drop a health orb behind her. 20% chance at level 1 - 100% chance at level 30.

I don't know about that Trinity idea, that would require her to take hits if she wanted a health orb, I think we should keep her as a safe supportive role. 

As for the resistances, I agree that immune might be too much, although at least have them be resistant to map hazards. Although Saryn could use more toxic resistance. Since she just spews out toxic like it's nothing. 

Trinity isn't just the healer though, she tanks as good or better than Rhino, Frost and Ember. She's not a white mage, she's a cleric.

The reason why she can tank is because of her Link, she would get decimated in higher level missions if she had to drop her shield to drop health orbs. 

I like this idea, although as noted the immunity to elements is a bit OP, especially Ember when many Grineer depend on fire damage.

The question is how much of a buff should be granted to any specific frame, I do think passive abilities for all frames would be nice but the game is already fairly easy, making the frames stronger at the moment is not needed. Over time, with harder levels and enemies these would be great.

Edited by liavalenth

@DesuEx

Somewhat like certain Alternate Helmets are. I would like to see a 9th Mod Slot specifically for "Passive" abilities unique to each frame. Resistance Mods should cap at 50% and only be for Elemental Damage, if you want higher than that use the resist-mods. What we need though is more damage types from enemies, Frost/Shock are underused atm.