Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mechanic Fan Concept] Challenge 2.0: Updating and Improving Rewards

FoxFX

CHALLENGE 2.0 – UPDATED OBJECTIVES AND REWARDS

LINK TO THE REDDIT ARTICLE

http://i.imgur.com/6agXKWf.jpg

INTRODUCTION

As seen above, every mission we enter offers a "Challenge Objective" that we have the option to complete for a minimal amount of affinity. Ranging from "Hack a Console" to "Using the 1st Warframe Ability 5 times," the mechanic for these challenges feel relatively outdated. As such, this concept is to expand this mechanic into a more player-friendly version that could immensely help newbie players and veteran players.

ALLOWING PLAYERS TO CHOOSE CHALLENGE OBJECTIVES BEFORE ENTERING MISSIONS

http://i.imgur.com/cisdZx6.jpg

• Creation of a special menu in either the Mission Tab or elsewhere where players both veteran and new can easily spot to see what challenges they want to take
  • Allowing players to choose challenges before missions helps players to test their own skills against their challenges unlike the current system where the challenges are randomized
  • Allow some challenges to either be Daily or Weekly

ALLOW CHALLENGES TO BE TEAM-SHARED

• In current missions, some players are unable to complete a challenge due to either the nature of the mission or the fast-paced tactics of their teammates.
    • For example, receiving a "Hack Console" Challenge in a Defense Mission or an Archwing Mission
    • Failing to complete a "Kill 30 Enemies" in a Mission that is either overtaken by faster players or due to the level of the mission
    • The existence of the "Find 1 Treasure Mod" Challenge
  • Allow Challenges to be "Team-Shared." In other words, if the action of a teammate matches with an individual player's Challenge, let it count

DIVERSIFY THE CHALLENGES

With the induction of Parkour 2.0, War Within, The Second Dream, etc., the gameplay of Warframe has evolved so much to limit the challenges down to 13 of them. We can go even further and make these challenges more intricate and exciting:

KILL-COUNT CHALLENGES {EXAMPLES}

• {Faction} Slayer : Confirm XXX {Faction} Deaths
  • {Enemy Name} Slayer: Confirm XXX {Enemy Name} Deaths
  • EXIMUS Hunter: Confirm XXX Eximus Deaths

MANEUVER/TACTIC CHALLENGES {EXAMPLES}

• Wall Assassin: Kill XXX Enemies while Wall Latching
  • Glide Assassin: Kill XXX Enemies while Air Gliding
  • Sliding Assassin: Kill XXX Enemies while Sliding
  • {Primary/Secondary} Assassin: Kill XXX enemies with a {Primary/Secondary} Weapon
  • {Primary/Secondary} Sniper: Kill XXX enemies with a {Primary/Secondary} Weapon via Headshot
  • Sword Alone Master: Kill XXX enemies with Melee
  • Channeled Sword Master: Kill XXX enemies with Channeling Melee attacks
  • Stealthy Assassin: Kill XXX enemies unaware of your presence
  • Ground Assassin: Kill XXX enemies with Ground Finishers
  • Grineer Hacker: Hack a Grineer Console for less than XXX seconds
  • Corpus Hacker: Hack a Corpus Console with less than XXX clicks
  • Master Hacker: Hack XXX Consoles without using Hack Ciphers

OFFER MISSION-BASED CHALLENGES

Challenges can be based on the number of times a player completes a certain mission or based on specific actions taken in missions.

MISSION-TYPE CHALLENGES {EXAMPLES}

• {Grineer/Corpus} Freezer: Cause XXX Coolant Floods in a {Grineer/Corpus} Sabotage Mission
  • {Rathuum/Index} Champion: Survive for XXX seconds for one {Rathuum/Index} Arena Mission
  • Capture Master: Extract the target in a Capture Mission in less than XXX seconds
  • Life Perserver: Use less than XXX Life Supports in a Survival Mission
  • Interception Defender: Hold all 4 points in an Interception Mission for XXX seconds total
  • Shrewd {Grineer/Corpus} Thief: Collect XXX Hidden Caches in Sabotage Missions
  • {Faction} Spy Master: Collect XXX packages undetected in {Faction} Spy Missions

WARFRAME-BASED CHALLEGES: SPECIAL CHALLENGES FOR INDIVIDUAL WARFRAMES

Besides the "Activate your 4th Ability" and "Activate your 1st Ability 5 Times" challenges, let use see if there can be room for challenges based on the individual Warframe themselves. These challenges can squeeze in at least 3 different challenges per Warframe.

WARFRAME-TYPE CHALLENGES {EXAMPLES}{These might NOT count as Team-Shared Challenges}

• Reviving Master: Revive XXX Allies
  • Energy Conserver: Use less than XXX Energy in one mission
  • Iron Skin Defender: Use Rhino's Iron Skin less than XXX times in one mission
  • Terrify Bringer: Affect XXX enemies with Nekros's Terrify
  • Ballistic Battery Attacker: Fire XX of Mesa's Ballistic Battery full-powered
  • Prowl Sniper: Kill XXX enemies via Headshot while Prowl is activated
  • Mutation Keeper: Reach XXX of Nidus's Mutation for one mission

SPECIAL MISSION CHALLENGES

Special missions we have now can also be included in this Challenge 2.0. Mission such as the Void Relics, Kuva, Syndicates, and more:

SPECIAL MISSION CHALLENGES {EXAMPLES}

• Kuva Breaker: Defeat XXX Kuva Guardians
  • Kuva Destroyer: Destroy XXX Kuva Siphons
  • Corruption Cleaner: Confirm XXX Corrupted Enemy kills in Void Fissures
  • Loyal Red Veil: Complete XXX Red Veil Syndicate Missions
  • Trial Master: Complete XXX Trails
  • Sortie Master: Complete XXX Sortie Missions

UPDATING REWARDS FOR CHALLENGE 2.0

Current rewards for completing challenges are limited to being 1000 or 5000 Affinity Rewards. Let rewards be more appealing for both veteran and newbie players.

• High Affinity (Could be more than 10k+)
  • Air Support Charges + Affinity
  • Hack Cipher Packs + Affinity
  • Endo + Affinity
  • Specter Blueprint + Affinity
  • Hidden Common/Uncommon/Rare Mod + Affinity (Reward given based of Tier of Challenge)
  • Transmutation Core + Affinity
  • Team {Small/Medium/Large} Energy/Health/Shield Restore Pack + Affinity
  • {NEW} Solo Energy/Health/Shield Restore Pack + Affinity (They work only for your Warframe. They are limited in carrying in missions, but heal instantly and in greater amounts)
  • Kuva + Affinity (Only a Reward for completing Kuva Challenges}
  • Void Traces + Affinity (Only a Reward for completing Void Relic Challenges)
  • Standing Intel + Affinity (Much like the Coordinates during the Operation:Rathuum Event item, this can be given to any Faction for extra Standings)

POSSIBILITIES FOR HAVING CHALLENGES TO COME WITH A TIER SYSTEM

Allow players to choose not only the challenges, but also the tier of the challenge. With higher tier challenges could yield much longer and much more difficult time to complete them. However, the payoff would be a higher yield of rewards of both Affinity and non-Affinity items.

Will continue with this once I gather enough information for possible Archwing Mission Challenges.

I hope this concept is to your liking. Feel free to comment and possibly post your own challenges you feel could be done in Warframe. Also, feel free to post challenges for your favorite Warframe too.

1 hour ago, FoxFX said:

Stealthy Assassin: Kill XXX enemies unaware of your presence

One thing I find most amusing when I get this 'challenge' is completing it during missions when it should be impossible to do so.  Such as survivals.

1 hour ago, FoxFX said:

For example, receiving a "Hack Console" Challenge in a Defense Mission or an Archwing Mission

I believe they are starting to remove challenges from the list that are impossible to complete, such as secondary kills in archwing.  Beside the point though, I think hacking a console should be possible in any mission, not just ones whose mission parameters require hacking.  Such as at least two or three active consoles per mission that may or may not do anything.

Example - Exterminates, only way to complete this challenge is to set off alarms, some tilesets don't even have alarms!  They almost all (or all?) have consoles though, used in different mission types that share that tileset.  What if hacking randomly activated consoles had a small chance at a rare mod or something?

One thing I noticed you didn't mention or consider are Tilset and Mission Type specific challenges.  A couple already exist, such as killing all wardens in a rescue or hacking all vaults without detection.  

If would be neat to have a secondary sub side-mission on certain maps that require additional thought or actions available specifically to that map/mission.

2 hours ago, Xekrin said:

One thing I find most amusing when I get this 'challenge' is completing it during missions when it should be impossible to do so.  Such as survivals.

I believe they are starting to remove challenges from the list that are impossible to complete, such as secondary kills in archwing.  Beside the point though, I think hacking a console should be possible in any mission, not just ones whose mission parameters require hacking.  Such as at least two or three active consoles per mission that may or may not do anything.

Example - Exterminates, only way to complete this challenge is to set off alarms, some tilesets don't even have alarms!  They almost all (or all?) have consoles though, used in different mission types that share that tileset.  What if hacking randomly activated consoles had a small chance at a rare mod or something?

One thing I noticed you didn't mention or consider are Tilset and Mission Type specific challenges.  A couple already exist, such as killing all wardens in a rescue or hacking all vaults without detection.  

If would be neat to have a secondary sub side-mission on certain maps that require additional thought or actions available specifically to that map/mission.

Aye, you are correct on that note. There are some Challenges that are relatively hidden such as the Warden Killing you have mentioned. I feel that it could be a benefit to QoL if those hidden Challenges could be hinted or be part of this Challenge 2.0 concept.I was generally focusing this concept on the Challenge Rewards System we all should be aware of by now.

I am still working through and researching other challenges players could take on, and Tileset-Specific Challenges was going to be one of the last I was going to touch on after I finish with some examples for Archwing Challenges.

Edited by FoxFX

ATLAS CHALLENGE OBJECTIVE LISTS {WIP}

• Landslide Master: Use Atlas's Landslide XXX Times
  • Petrify Master: Turn XXX enemies to stone using Atlas's Petrify
  • Rumbler Master: Maintain Atlas's Rumblers for a total of XXX seconds

BANSHEE CHALLENGE OBJECTIVE LISTS {WIP}

• Sonic Boom Master: Use Banshee's Sonic Boom  XXX Times
  • Silence Master: Kill XXX Enemies affected by Silence
  • Sound Quake Master: Maintain Sound Quake for a total of XXX seconds

CHROMA CHALLENGE OBJECTIVE LISTS {WIP}

• {Element} Breathing Master: Participate as Chroma with an Energy color for {Element} in XXX Missions
  • Vex Armor Master: Maintain Vex Armor for XXX seconds total
  • Effigy Master: Maintain Effigy for a total of XXX seconds

EMBER CHALLENGE OBJECTIVE LISTS {WIP}

• Fireball Master: Activate Fireball XXX times in Missions
  • Accelerant Master: Affect XXX enemies with Accelerant
  • World on Fire Master: Maintain World on Fire for a total of XXX seconds

EQUINOX CHALLENGE OBJECTIVE LISTS {WIP}

• Rest & Rage Master: Activate Rest & Rage XXX times in Missions
  • Pacify & Provoke Master: Maintain Pacify & Provoke for a total of XXX seconds
  • Mend & Maim Master: Maintain Mend & Main for a total of XXX seconds

21 hours ago, ThunderKitsune said:

I really like this idea. I hope DE see this post and add it to the game.

I'd hope this idea could gather some additional attention. It is a very outdated mechanic this Challenge Reward System we have now. It could use for a new expansion of sorts.

Thank you for the compliment. I shall continue to work on challenges for individual Warframes.

23 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

I really like the idea especially as it seems like the ultimate version of the challenge system. 

+100 brillant idea but DE seems so staff limited lately hopefully this idea doesn't end up like the Nef boss fight.😆

Well, I just feel it would be best to leave the idea here in case they notice.

EXCALIBUR CHALLENGE OBJECTIVE LISTS {WIP}

• Slash Dash Master: Activate Slash Dash XXX times in Missions
  • Radial Blind Master: Kill XXX enemies affected by Radial Blind
  • Exalted Blade Master: Maintain Exalted Blade for a total of XXX seconds

HYDROID CHALLENGE OBJECTIVE LISTS {WIP}

• Tempest Barrage Master: Activate Tempest Barrage XXX times in Missions
  • Undertow Master: Capture a total of XXX enemies in Undertow
  • Tentacle Swarm Master: Activate Tentacle Swarm XXX times in Missions

IVARA CHALLENGE OBJECTIVE LISTS {WIP}

• Navigator Master: Kill XXX enemies with Ivara's Navigator ability
  • Prowl Master: Kill XXX enemies with Headshot while under Ivara's Prowl ability
  • Artemis Bow Master: Attack with Artemis Bow XXX times

LOKI CHALLENGE OBJECTIVE LISTS {WIP}

• Invisible Master: Kill XXX enemies while Invisible is active
  • Teleport Switch Master: Activate Teleport Switch XXX times total
  • Radial Disarm Master: Disarm XXX enemies with Radial Disarm

I think having Meta-challenges during team missions, where only 1 person on the team can complete the challenge and get the reward would be cool.  It would create a sort of meta-competition outside of the conclave and provide small bonus resource rewards or credits or something to whichever of the 4 tenno in the group completes it first!

On 2/21/2017 at 8:46 PM, FatsackTony said:

I think having Meta-challenges during team missions, where only 1 person on the team can complete the challenge and get the reward would be cool.  It would create a sort of meta-competition outside of the conclave and provide small bonus resource rewards or credits or something to whichever of the 4 tenno in the group completes it first!

Well thought out. I will oversee some challenges of that nature, but figuring out the rewards for such a challenge might be daunting. Won't make the reward for such a thing too much though.