Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help: Making Cernos Prime 'sortie-worthy'

Beggining

Question

Unlike Rakta Cernos, Cernos Prime falls off at higher levels, particularly against Grineer armors (as with all weapons)

Here is my build right now:

ZOsyJ9I.pngso

so, should I give up and just use this Riven on Rakta Cernos? should I roll for another (already tried a roll for crit chance and impact damage, didn't seem to work) Riven? Would Heavy Caliber help?

6 answers to this question

Forgive me but what do you excpet on a weapon which is mainly impact which is basicly not as effective against Grineer?

Elements can help out but max damage still will suffer under it not dealing full damage against them.

Especialy the damage that spreads out on the integrated multishot.

29 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Forgive me but what do you excpet on a weapon which is mainly impact which is basicly not as effective against Grineer?

Elements can help out but max damage still will suffer under it not dealing full damage against them.

Especialy the damage that spreads out on the integrated multishot.

Akstiletto Prime has majority Impact and is usually better than Lex/Aklex Prime vs Ferrite/Alloy Armor although those have majority puncture. Base major damage doesn't really matter when you know how to build your stuff

Just now, Praxxor said:

Akstiletto Prime has majority Impact and is usually better than Lex/Aklex Prime vs Ferrite/Alloy Armor although those have majority puncture. Base major damage doesn't really matter when you know how to build your stuff

That gets balanced out on how fast and how much bullets you shoot at one target in one time while with cernos you have less max damge on one target normal.

Of course it matters of the build but still is a fcat taht imapct is less efficient on them.

On akstilleto you still do more slash and puncture damge do the stack of all those bullets at once then one arrow can do.

i think banshee can benefit most from  prime cernos i use primed fast hands... increse u dps  a lot...impact is pretty bad vs grineers...only good thing can stagger heavy gunners cz they are really deadly on  high lvl.....

Edited by ashrah

i think you should reroll your riven, only one decent stat is not enough and the damage vs grineer is tiny compared to what you can get.

what you need to do is reroll the riven and hope that you can swap out a mod in your build with the riven, because there are not enough mod slots for all of the mods that you need (heavy cal, serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, elemental combox2, riven mod, fire rate) i happened to get a riven with toxin so i can use only one mod for the elemental combo, if you get fire rate that would be great as well, and just fit as much of the other mods that i mentioned as you can.

4 hours ago, Marine027 said:

That gets balanced out on how fast and how much bullets you shoot at one target in one time; with cernos, you have less max damage on one target.

Of course the build  matters, but the fact that it's impact makes it less efficient on them.

On Akstilleto Prime, you still do more slash and puncture damage from all those bullets than one arrow can do.

5 hours ago, Praxxor said:

Akstiletto Prime has a majority of Impact damage and is usually better than Lex/Aklex Prime vs Ferrite/Alloy Armor although those weapons have major puncture damage. Base IPS damage doesn't really matter when you know how to build your stuff.

It really doesn't help Cernos Prime's case that Rakta Cernos can still perform well on level 100 and above; those spread out multishot really hurts.

4 hours ago, Neo_182 said:

As a huge Cernos fan, yeah. I've given up on the Prime variant.

Yeah, I thought so too. It looks really good though, which is why it's so sad that it doesn't hold up on higher levels.

4 hours ago, yarash2110 said:

I think you should reroll your riven, only one decent stat is not enough and the damage vs grineer is tiny compared to what you can get.

What you need to do is reroll the riven and hope that you can swap out a mod in your build with the riven, because there are not enough mod slots for all of the mods that you need (heavy cal, serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, elemental combox2, riven mod, fire rate) i happened to get a riven with toxin so i can use only one mod for the elemental combo. if you get fire rate that would be great as well. Just fit as much of the other mods that i mentioned as you can.

I've already gotten one that increases its crit chance and impact damage, and its doing worse than the roll I've gotten now. Hopefully I'll get somethig better.

Thanks for your reply, guys :)