Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Changes To Clan Tiers

UltimaHiryuu

I posted this in a News & Announcement topic. I figured I should post it here, as well.

Currently tier sizes aren't very fair, for friendly competition. I thought of some changes that could give clans a more fair chance and some resource tweaks.

The following is a list of possible tiers. The names could easily be changed to different ones.

The multiplier is for Dojo resource costs and the differences for higher tiers. x1 is a base cost, that the others are determined by. x1 100 Ferrite is of course 100 Ferrite. x4 would be 400, x20 would be 2,000, and x80 would be 8,000.

Name                Size          Resource Multiplier

Shadow Clan    1-20          x1 (Base Value)

River Clan        21-50        x4

Hill Clan            51-100      x8

Mountain Clan  101-400    x20

Sky Clan           401-700    x50

Moon Clan        701-1000  x80

Edit: Figured I should convert the resource values to multipliers. It makes it more clear and simplifies it.

Edit2: Reduced the number of tiers and changed the multipliers.

Edit3: Made more changes to tier sizes and resource costs.

Edit4: Changed resource multipliers to be more based on the middle of tiers.

This is the Original Tier idea, before I made tweaks. I'm adding it mainly for reference, to what I originally had. As was mentioned, it had some problems with it.

Shadow Clan    1-20          x1 (Base Value)

River Clan        21-60        x2

Hill Clan            61-100      x6

Steppe Clan     101-200    x10

Mountain Clan  201-400    x20

Sky Clan           401-600    x40

Cloud Clan       601-800     x80

Moon Clan        801-1000  x100

Edited by UltimaHiryuu

I think this is fair but it probably won't happen anytime soon unless everyone can get on the same page about clan sizes and get a big enough thread going to convince the DE to change it. I would love not to have 10x the amount of resources to gather because I'm 4 over the limit but we'll just have to see how it plays out.

im sorry but thats way too many divisions.

If there's too few divisions, clans won't be able to compete fairly for leaderboard rankings. If DE adds future features, based on clan size, too few will also effect that poorly.

I'm not saying we should have an insane amount of tiers, but enough that clans have a fair chance.

Edited by UltimaHiryuu

I think you're on to something good and i fully support this, the only thing i'd want to see changed to your idea is to reduce the tier numbers to maybe 5-6 groups.

If there are too many tiers you may end up with a balance issues with few clans making one category and many in some others. The goal should be to even out the competitive level for each clan as much as possible. I'll do everything i can to make sure your post is seen friend.

Edited by -BELLUM-

Shadow Clan    1-20          x1 (Base Value)

River Clan        21-60        x2

Hill Clan            61-100      x6

Steppe Clan     101-200    x10

Mountain Clan  201-400    x20

Sky Clan           401-600    x40

Cloud Clan       601-800     x80

Moon Clan        801-1000  x100

The current plan they have makes it so if you had 10 10 player clans, they would pay the equiv of the 100 player clan. It "evens" out that way.

Yours don't. River to Sky clans have an easier average burden to bear than your Shadow, Cloud, and Moon clans.

Also just... way, way too many tiers.

Alright I reduced it to 6 tiers and changed the multipliers to more accurately follow tier sizes. The resources are a lot less than DE mentioned, but it more accurately follows clan size now.

I tried to change it to 5 tiers, but the tiers ended up being too large. Again, making leaderboard rankings too unfair.

I'm still open to any other recommended changes.

Edited by UltimaHiryuu

You likely dont what more than up to about 20 in the bottom tier as that is the ability to field 5 squads, though realistically that will actually only be 2-3 squads regularly.

The build capacity is more the factor that actual numbers of members.  For example if a shadow clan resources are based on 10 active members (ie those that play on average 15-20 hours or so a week) then you can likely safely have it up to about double that (so cap at about 20 members).  As clans get bigger they will get more active members and allot more less active members (playing less than 10-15 hours a week) so a 100 clan may have 20-30 active members, while some 70-80 less active members.

The costs to get pieces realy should reflect that aspect more than expecting full capacity to be the majority of the contributors.

Edited by Loswaith

I made some more changes to the sizes and costs.

My main problem right now is that I'm trying to setup proper resource scaling, while still trying to keep Clan Tier Leaderboards fair. Especially if they're planning on making leaderboards a large part of the game and/or end game.

well i just support changing the size tiers. in the last competition with 9 active players we would have blown the first place shadow clan out of the water by almost 2000 kills. but because we have a total of 14 players we were moved up to the next tier. looking at the numbers we were quite pissed off

as it stands the lower clan division is almost pointless. how is a clan of 11 suppose to compete with a clan of 100???? that's ten people to ever member you got. some of us killed up to the share of three people but 10???? na i don think so.

so props for you. i think it should change

I agree with this its too many tiers but its necessary because clans with 30 members or less are concidered midium size clans where actualy there small, we need these tiers otherwise clans like mine will be stuck with mountain clan with x10 recources multiplayer , x4 or hell even x5 would be more fair to clans like mine.

Edited by Hugosx

I fully support this new setting, my clan has less than 30 members, a MAX limit which was set according to the first "New Clan Settings" was enough to be a Shadow Clan, now, not to be overwhelmed with huge amount of resources, are we going to have to kick less active members? This isn't right, specially, since they said that they value smaller clans, then Clans with 40 members, got bad on them because they only have 10 more members.

Now they change from 30 to 10? Since when is a 30 members clan big?

A 50 members clan is big, they should have stayed as they first set the boundaries. I seriously hope they come up with something else that is good for all clans, either 1 or 10000 members.

This system would work quite well. My clan only has about 15 people, and cutting it down to 10 would be impossible, they're all irl friends. However, the cost values... the official announced version had the values actually scale up by the number of people, but even by Mountain Clans, it's twice what it really should be. These prices would just fragment everyone into shadow clans joined into an alliance, purely because the cost per person is so much better. The tiers would work, but you need to redo the cost values.