Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which stats should I look for in a Sonicor Riven mod ?

Retrijeuj

Question

Hey there.

So I just rerolled a Sonicor Riven mod and got something like +97,9% damage and +40,7% crit damage at max level. While the raw damage is pretty good in itself, I'm not sure about the crit damage since the Sonicor only has a base 10% crit chance.

What should I look for for this mod ? I'm guessing getting some elemental damage on top of the raw damage would be good, is there something else ?

10 answers to this question

The sonicor excels at CC, so anything that lets increase your CC output would be good. I would look for Multishot, Reload Speed, Magazine Size, Damage, and Status Duration in that order. You can take negatives to crit chance, crit damage, and accuracy without losing too much weapon potential. 

The Sonicor has 0% status chance, so I'm guessing status duration wouldn't work.

edit : I'm guessing I got that wrong. The weapon's stats say 0% status chance, can it still proc ?

Impact damage sounds good, same for multishot. Gonna try a few (hundred ?) rolls to get something decent.

Edited by Retrijeuj

Sonicor? I almost feel like you should aim for QoL rather than damage. Sonicor is not really made for killing stuff, but rather CC'ing stuff. It literally throws enemies outside of its effective range. It is kinda like adding power strength to Loki...

That is just my take on Sonicor though, I would look for status chance, mag size and reload. Maximize its CC, not everything is about damage.

Edit: According to the Wiki the explosion has around a 25% status chance, so status would be advisable.

Edited by DrBorris

Ideal stats for me are +Damage, +Multishot and +Reload Speed.

My current Sonicor Riven has about 80% damage, 40% impact and around 25% reload speed.  Although I've seen Sonicor rivens with higher damage for sale, I'll prefer to keep my current one since reload speed improvement is important to me (I frequently reload even though I don't have to...:-O).

4 minutes ago, Retrijeuj said:

The Sonicor has 0% status chance, so I'm guessing status duration wouldn't work.

Impact damage sounds good, same for multishot. Gonna try a few (hundred ?) rolls to get something decent.

The weapon doesn't have status chance, but the explosion does. I'm honestly not sure if status duration would effect the explosion, but you could try it with a basic status duration mod to see if theirs a change. I'm pretty sure it does impact the explosions duration. 

Just now, drakegt said:

The weapon doesn't have status chance, but the explosion does. I'm honestly not sure if status duration would effect the explosion, but you could try it with a basic status duration mod to see if theirs a change. I'm pretty sure it does impact the explosions duration. 

I see, that confused me. I don't have the Sonicor anymore, I tried it but didn't like it, but I want to get a few plats from this mod.

2 minutes ago, Retrijeuj said:

The projectile itself has no status chance so the UI shows a 0% status chance, but the explosion has a 25% status chance. The projectile will explode at 15 meters. 

Modding the Sonicor with blast damage = Ragdoll (sends everything flying across the map).

7 minutes ago, Retrijeuj said:

I see, that confused me. I don't have the Sonicor anymore, I tried it but didn't like it, but I want to get a few plats from this mod.

Ahh, if you're going to sell it then I would advise against status because I bet a lot of people don't know how status works on the sonicor. More visceral stats (multishot, damage) would probably fetch a higher price.

1 hour ago, drakegt said:

Ahh, if you're going to sell it then I would advise against status because I bet a lot of people don't know how status works on the sonicor. More visceral stats (multishot, damage) would probably fetch a higher price.

I'll keep that in mind ^^

I have two Sonicor mods actually, I'll try to get one with high status chance and duration, and the other with damage. But I underestimated the time it can take to get a decent mod :c