The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mission Modifier Idea: Orokin Floor Wax

6079Smith

Good Afternoon,

Every time I do a void run, there's a good chance that I end up with low friction. As a result it becomes very hard to stop from a sprint (or to start sprinting for that matter). This gave me an idea for a mission modifier; the floors of the ship are coated with floor wax from the Orokin age.

I don't have a clue how or when the Grineer or the Corpus got their hands on it (Perhaps these were the "Orokin Secrets" Nef was talking about), but it would make for a humorous twist to the average mission.

Here are the potential effects for this mission modifier;

-Everyone onboard (Allies, enemies, The Stalker) will have a harder time moving due to the low friction. Everyone will have a harder time rounding corners for instance.

-All "Dash" abilities will travel farther distances, but it becomes much harder to stop dashing.

-There's a chance anyone (except The Stalker) will slip and fall on their asses, especially when you're sprinting.

I know this idea sounds ridiculous, but I wanted to share it with everyone.

Thank you.

Something like this would actually be a fun hazard, though not as floor wax, duh. There's actually a hilarious glitch on the Grineer Asteroid Base map, one of the tiles have a chance of triggering a floor wax-esque effect for the rest of the map whenever you slide, making it much harder to round corners or turn, but also drastically incresases slide speed and distance, as well as normal running speed temporarily. However, having something like this as an entire-mission hazard can get irritating pretty fast, so maybe it can be a feature for a future boss arena?

The void airlift in the room before the best loot room in the void missions gave the low friction effect. As for the grineer maps, it happens when you step onto the large, tall room's smelting converyor belt. Like, where beneath the forge the slag lands and slides on what looks like a conveyor belt.

Once you step off of it, it plagues you the rest of the mission. It's actually much more extreme than the void instance, and is frankly terrible.

However, an area or mod that lowers character friction a bit would be neat, but honestly it should be saved for like...ice floors or some crap. Having a whole mission be slippery would just be annoying.

Yeah, I think it's any "surface" (and I apply that term loosely because rising waterfalls aren't really surfaces) that's capable of moving you on its own that causes it.

Laughed heartily at the floor wax idea, I'd almost say no to it due to it seeming out of place in the game, except it would be so. Damn. Funny. So while we're at it, why don't we make it so the Stalker can fall on his &#! too? I'd pay good money to see that, it would sure take the edge off when he decides to pay me a visit when I'm playing my nubby Vauban. :P

*Me attaches a Lato to one end of a Bo and uses it for a Hokey Stick.*

I agree the game needs more slippery scenarios, specialy on the Ice stages. Things that would make both players and mobs slip pass their targets abit when going Melee.

Edited by BiancaPony