Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you feel the game is still "mature"

DeadScream

3 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

If you're going to start your post with an insult like this, prepare to not be taken seriously. Newsflash: Sometimes people have a different opinion from yours, and sometimes that opinion agrees with DE.

read the rest of his post, he never insults anyone and seems very open minded to me.

4 hours ago, Teloch said:

And that's the whole point.

There are still those walketh among us who would prefer near-marginal seriousity to what we have now.

Me Me Me!!

Spoiler

I miss the days of being Rank 0 in early Warframe... Stumbling into my first infested mission expecting a Corpus mission.

• Zerging enemies
  • No Lights other than the one on your weapon
  • Little and less energy
  •  A freshly minted Strun  and Sicarus with almost no mods  

Running for your life to find a crate to leap on to and try and thin that horde because it suddenly became an "eliminate all enemies" mission and you knew you were going to have to pray for ammo and health drops or fail it utterly.

Simple, gritty, dark, and engaging.

Lotus wasn't yammering at you every 22.3 seconds.

Some emo kid wasn't cheering you on from the sidelines.

Sentinels contributions were vastly limited because they didn't do much damage and were squishy as they came.

Since then, I've had the feeling re-kindled exactly one time in this game.. The day nightmare missions came out.

I joined a pub and wound up in a bugged mission where every possible condition was active with exception to low gravity and vampire but including no map (which I think they have removed completely).

...Had a blast.

That said though, I respect that the game has to progress from there if it wants to expand its' audience.

These are the reasons why I wish difficulty and condition sliders existed.

If anything this should be between an E and T.

But then again Rhino Prime ate a man...

Snippet of Rhino Prime codex entry

Spoiler

I turn away from Davis down the hall and I see it. The hulking mass, flickering red, glinting like steel and fresh blood. Its skin changes, flowing like mercury when I'm blinded by the sudden muzzle-flashes. They do no good. The beast surges forward and the security men become crimson mist and gore. 

I'm a statue, a cornered animal. A gate opens inside me and recognition floods in. I have seen this monster before. I have cut its shell and eviscerated its brothers. I have given it pain and measured its response. I have crafted then rejected countless like it. But I've never seen this beast so close, without the shield, without restraints. I have never seen it... free. 

I know I will die so I just watch with curious acceptance. The beast squats down, shovelling a heap of gore into its mouth. It is watching me with vague eyes, a sense of recognition, ancestral memory. It knows who I am and what I've done. It rears up like a bear and roars, shattering the lights and casting us into darkness. I can hear it lumbering toward me, its metal fingers rending the walls, but I know I am dead. I close my eyes and stand ready to pay. 

2 hours ago, SigmaLambdaOmega said:

If anything this should be between an E and T.

But then again Rhino Prime ate a man...

Snippet of Rhino Prime codex entry

Hide contents

We need trailers showing the action, not texts.

This is not Elder Scrolls or Dark Souls... sadly.

Thought we can put arrows in knees.

Seriously? This is the same thing that a few people questioned when Titania came out.
Nezha is playful by nature. If the other frames could be voiced I can assure you he'd be laughing or giggling with sliding around, teleporting and impaling everything in sight! Why not revel in your power? Mirage did in Hidden Messages.

Bard killing enemies with the songs she creates? Not much different than Banshee using her power over sound waves. Bard dancing as she lays waste to all enemies who stand in her wake? She's composing an anthem of victory! Why not enjoy the music and taunt your foes. Enjoy the carnage. Let's not forget that the Operators were taken in and made into tools of war. Our Warframes are proof of that.

At it's core this game still has a mature premise and themes. A few Warframes using odd gimmicks is not gonna make that much of a difference in the overall appearance of the game.

On 2/7/2017 at 11:45 AM, P0Pz said:

If humans conquer the space (ofc with spaceships..they will not swim or use ponys aaigh)

There will be ofc badboys that will try to get "free" materials/food. It is a "Could".

Rift Magician... Aka Mindcontroling "COULD" enable this. 

Tree frogs... already on earth?! COULD and IS.

This are "COSTUMS" helloween ?? "COULD"

Everything in WF got a "COULD". NARD does not fit into WF. Zero. By any logic. Sry buddy. You are still missing the point. Period.

The deluxe skin argument th person made is invalid , due to well for one Palatine Rhino. 

I'll go one further: in-universe we don't even know who all has the authority to commission/create Warframes and their abilities. It's heavily implied that Ballas had Saryn created as a tribute to Margulis (e.g. Saryn Prime's trailer). So someone may have wanted a gunslinger or an earth-based warrior monk and got permission to have it created by whatever crew makes them. There's virtually no limit to what the Orokin could fabricate when it comes to Warframes.

On 2/8/2017 at 2:14 AM, Teloch said:

It has turned into an average anime.

1. Heroic teens - V
2. Mega dumb and mega ancient villain - V
3. Ruins of a mega advanced and mega corrupt empire - V
4. A milf mentor - V
5. Magic - V
6. Power of friendship -V

where is the power of friend ship?

Also Hunhow , ALMOST won, he was on our ship (as a sword but still), his lackey had us in his grips, ordis was suppressed somehow, due partly to outsmarting Lotus by getting her to get us to touch the fragment bone. He almost succeed in nuking the moon too. put plot saved us , every faction, the lotus, and galaxy maybe? 

Well heroic could , COULD be used to describe what we do but thats not the word I would use.

half the orokin  stuff we find is still in working condition and look pretty good too 

On 2/8/2017 at 1:57 AM, P0Pz said:

Okay. Is not the Question eighter...

That is the lore. Which always trys to explain stuff realistic based to gamelore and game invoirment + our realistic.

True that.

Well...titanias "butterflys" hit hard the limits but thanks lord they made them more kind of "drones".

Nope. You create music while yoooou are dancing and laughing arround. This is Childish; having or showing the annoying qualities (as silliness) associated with children _you almost spoiled the ceremony for everyone with your childish giggling_

A DJ Nard frame like they showed us... is a joke. A baaaad siiick joke. It is childish to even think music is in anyway a powersource. What is next..bring in a Santa Frame killing monsters by throwing packets

Someone said "Nards ~ wardrumms".

The point is..wardrums are there to motivate your team. They do not atack the enemie bodys by any..aaaaany possible way. Never. They might "create fear or demotivate" but NEVER kill a monster.

Military drums or war drums are all kinds of drums and membranophones that have been used for martial music, including military communications, to rally troops, and to demoralize the enemy as well as drill, honors music and military ceremonies.

A DJ Nard is kinda straight copy from LoL. Total free Fantasy. Everything there can be created even a trashcan DD.

We are space Ninjas.. not space monkeys ...not any sort of a kindergarten game...or lets "Dance Ninja"... just as youuuu said above in your other points. We do not have or support InGame, any sort of childish things during gameplay/killing.

If it was a skin/costume i would have no prob at all but dancing and killing monsters with music..cooomon...and then dance arround the monsters..holy molly ..where is my GD pony !

Nard is directly childish acting to blood and gore arround the gameplay and other frames durring the fight which DOES NOWHERE FIT IN. Nowhere. The "Look" of this NARD is also childish. Fail Nard. Period.

Ok Sona is uses her instrument, which i believe is also magical??  Even then she is pretty deadly,  She also performs for a living . And she is mute, she was a musician before she was a DJ and before a Champion .

Also we may not make them dance we may bust their eardrums or something with her ult. we do not know her abilities yet so wait till we get her abilities before you start rioting , please can you do this? 

On 07/02/2017 at 9:38 AM, DeadScream said:

Title. 

Years ago I would've agreed, there was more gore and blood, the ambiance was dark... 

But now, aren't there more and more toon and goofy features, including bosses and powers ? 

Hide contents

+ we play as children who control the warframes, and who are far from being adult...

And now we get a disco frame, and she dances... I mean, why ? 

edit : Let me rephrase the question. To people who played the game since the start, don't you feel like the game is getting less "mature" with time ? (but I pretty much got answers already, thanks for reassuring me)

edit 2 : renamed the topic. In fact, I know that all the bloody things make the game rated "mature". What I'm talking about is more about how mature you feel it when you are playing

edit 3 : as many persons suggested, yes, I'm more talking about "seriousness" than "maturity" 

Centuries old child soldiers used to massacre anyone the Orokin wanted taking out, then went on the near total genocide of those same Orokin and now slaughter Grineer, Corpus and Infested by the hundreds on a daily basis.

That instantly makes them more mature than anyone on this site and some of us are quite old.

I don't justify games I play by "maturity", my age and experience does that for me. I play games for enjoyment, I don't give the slightest of excretions how "mature" they are.

Even Warhammer, both fantasy and 40k, are as grimdark as they come but they have their silly moments. Nothing can be serious all the time.

Is there something wrong with just letting go? Some of the better moments games I've played are always when the game doesn't take itself seriously. There isn't anything wrong with it in my opinion. I'm actually surprised DE hasn't really done this before from what I've played, so I actually look forward to it.

Edited by (XB1)Heroic Vigilant