Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Question About Unvaulting

(PSN)Calamitea

Question

9 answers to this question

Just now, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Frost and Ember both got unvaulted because of their ridiculous trade values. If you want another duo unvaulted, buy my nova prime for 500p. 

They unvaulted Ember because she was next to unvaulted. Frost they did out of a whim. I'm assumed they did it because they weren't there when the relic system came out. So it is possible we could get both Rhino Prime and Mag Prime, or just Rhino Prime.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Calamitea said:

This December, both Frost and Ember were unvaulted. Does anyone know if we might get another double unvaulting for another chance at Mag, or was that just a one time thing?

Yes, we definitely might.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

They unvaulted Ember because she was next to unvaulted. Frost they did out of a whim. I'm assumed they did it because they weren't there when the relic system came out. So it is possible we could get both Rhino Prime and Mag Prime, or just Rhino Prime.

I doubt it, but without seeing the number I can't be sure. The primary purpose of the Prime Access/Vault is to have a periodical revenue stream DE can rely on. The high prices of Frost hinted at desirability and therefore profit potential hence why I believe they did what they did. However, I don't think they capitelized as much out the unvaulting do to the fact they bundled too many things and also due to the fact there's 2 prime access instead of one. They would have seen a lot more profit (again imo) if they would have unvaulted them one at a time and also not at the same time as a new prime access. 

Just now, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

I doubt it, but without seeing the number I can't be sure. The primary purpose of the Prime Access/Vault is to have a periodical revenue stream DE can rely on. The high prices of Frost hinted at desirability and therefore profit potential hence why I believe they did what they did. However, I don't think they capitelized as much out the unvaulting do to the fact they bundled too many things and also due to the fact there's 2 prime access instead of one. They would have seen a lot more profit (again imo) if they would have unvaulted them one at a time and also not at the same time as a new prime access. 

Considering the limited number of people that would have bought both frames, and DE offering a bundle for both with the cosmetics being the main selling point for most people, separating them wouldn't have been even a noticeable profit difference. People that did buy the bundle for both wouldn't have bought both separately as easily without that discounted bundle, so total sale numbers would have been down, while profits could have been higher for each sale (since there was no bundle), evening out the total profit gain. The main reason why Frost Prime+ his weapons were brought back was likely do to him being vaulted for a year and DE wanted to reinject him into the system again, creating more marketable content for players to sell. Also his cosmetics were being asked for by a lot of people again.

i think what most people, particularly those who already bought every PA want is a separate accessories pack to go with the unvaulting, though sadly DE have failed to deliver on that twice now, possibly to try and get unsure Tenno to jump over the fence. I hope they do a separate Accessory pack, but I bet they won't...