Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost, huzzah!

guymanbrodude

Hey guys, I just bought the Frost and wanted to share what little experience I have made with it so far. I also bought the Boltor and the Dual Zoren (or whatever it was called again).

Now, first about the weapons - AWESOME! The Boltor is, as the name suggests, a Bolto, but in Rifle form. It can impale enemies to walls. And it's awesome. The accuracy is decent, the fire rate is good, damage is good. I'm happy with this weapon, it's a nice change of pace from my usual Braton.

The Dual Zoren is AWESOME! An axe in each hand and you swing them extremely fast. They deal fairly low damage, but I suppose with mods that'll be compensated easily. They're seriously fast and just look awesome, can hit multiple enemies and the charged melee attack has a decent radius as well. Cool thing!

Now, the Frost! It looks pretty great, I'm impressed. When I first saw it, I didn't really like it, but after playing with it for a few minutes I started to appreciate the design. He looks like he's wearing some kind of mantle, and the color options influence nice areas of the body, very cool looking. The only ability I have unlocked so far is Freeze, and boy is it great. It really freezes an enemy, just like the description says! I can't say whether the freeze is permanent or temporary (I killed the enemies in a matter of seconds), but if I'm not mistaken, freezing an unalerted enemy gives you the bonus damage to undetected hits on every attack against them. Plus, nothing looks cooler than shattering a frozen enemy with your dual axes!

I'm really looking forward to testing the other abilities (which all sound amazing) and see how this frame plays. Just judging by the initial feeling I got with him he could easily become my new favourite frame. For 375 platinum maybe a bit expensive, but so are Rhino and Ash who can be crafted. I'm sure this guy (and Nyx) will be craftable as well.

What do you guys think about him?

Ceres boss has Frost blueprints (when he drops anything at all...) and I'd assume that Eris has Nyx blueprints, but I'm not far enough through that world yet.

Also, could you upload a screenshot of what Frost looks like in the arsenal screen?

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Just tested freeze on a low lvl boss. It acts as a nice interupt to take a boss out of the picture while you res downed allies or regen shields. Boss will unfreeze asoon as you put a few rounds into him (im hoping that the higher the skill the longer they stay freezed under fire since duration is already long enough)

Ceres boss has Frost blueprints (when he drops anything at all...) and I'd assume that Eris has Nyx blueprints, but I'm not far enough through that world yet.

Also, could you upload a screenshot of what Frost looks like in the arsenal screen?

did you get Frost BP yet, i run like 6 times on Ceres boss and get nothing.

http://s14.directupl...i7v2apb_png.htm

Frost with default colours in the arsenal, as requested.

One question, where can I see the frame specific stats? I can't seem to find them ingame

The only way to currently figure out his base stats are to go into the skill tree and mouse over a mod or upgrade slot that alters that stat. The pop-up shows what the base amout that will be modified is.

Are you sure....because I really want Frost and I have 2 platnuimn lol but I bought his blueprint!

Ok I have all of the Frosts abilties level'd so will give you the lowdown

as said by the OP the standard Freeze attack 25 energy is pretty useless damage wise, you use it on big mobs to keep em out of the picture for awhile.... this can be pretty useless with pugs since they shoot everything and everything but if your last man standing and want to get a res in this thing helps.... ALOT on a boss fight

his second ability Ice Wave 50 energy.... now this looks neat and would be a brilliant ability.... if it wasent for the next ability... but we will get to that later... you bassicaly punch the ground and ice errupts in a wave infront of you doing heavy damage now even though the range can be extended its a very small strait line so I use it for corridor clearing if I use it at all

now onto my fav ability Snow Globe (what a name) also 50 energy this is possibly my fav move and its not even a damager, you summon a huge freezing wind of ice in a massive sphere..... anything shooting into the sphere will simply bounce, vice versa for shooting outside it.... however anything inside can engage in combat..... oh except if there hostile there put in matrix mode and moving at about 10% there reguler speed..... bassicaly run to boss.... cast this baby and LOL as you can literally slughter his &#! without him firing more than 5 rounds back.... even on level 1 is lasts ages and covers a pretty damn big area..... its also one of the "excuse the pun" coolest looking abilties...... put it this way you pop this everyone takes notice.... they have to.

and finally the ultimate Avalanche 100 energy..... not gonna lie for an AOE attack this thing is one of the most effective..... you summon a huge amount of large ice balls and rotate them high speed around you and spread out.... anything they touch instnatly freezes this is the "kill zone" you then summon the ice balls back in and rotate them faster..... before finally detonating them out high speed shattering everything within your killzone.... while this wont take down a boss it takes down all but the highest level elites.... alot better than I was exspecting tbh

overall excalibur USED to be my fav frame (and iv tried em all) this is my new king of the house.... best frame ever..... just wish he had a helmit that reduced his sheilds and increased his run speed :P

Edited by STARSBarry

and finally the ultimate Avalanche 100 energy..... not gonna lie for an AOE attack this thing is one of the most effective..... you summon a huge amount of large ice balls and rotate them high speed around you and spread out.... anything they touch instnatly freezes this is the "kill zone" you then summon the ice balls back in and rotate them faster..... before finally detonating them out high speed shattering everything within your killzone.... while this wont take down a boss it takes down all but the highest level elites.... alot better than I was exspecting tbh

Well I suppose the huge damage on even elites is due to the fact that NOBODY resists freeze damage at the moment. Makes my Mag a sad panda -_-

I've gotten 3 of the 4 abilities unlocked on this frame (not going to lie, the ultimate ability sounds amazing) and so far this is pretty much the best frame in the game, imo. It's a bit slower than the others in run speed (there are mods that increase sprint speed, though), but man does it pack a punch. It's also a beast as far as being able to take a hit. Probably on equal footing with Rhino, if not better, thanks to Snow Globe. I think if people want Rhino to be the tank, then he's going to need some perks like not being able to be knocked down/stunned and such because Frost pretty much surpasses him.

I also love the look of Frost - he's quite unique and has a very cool looking build. Really spot on here and I can see why he's 375 plat while Nyx, the rather underwhelming 2nd addition in its current state, is 150 plat less.

I feel like they will end up nerfing Snow Globe a bit (added energy cost) but right now Frost is a no brainer for me. With the dual axes he is a fantastic choice.

Frost seems like what Ember should of been: Complete crowd control.

Rhino I guess isn't a typical tank if you go by his name. He can take damage but dish out a ton too, kind of like a Beserker maybe? he doesn't really depend on his team for anything. Frost can help out a lot with his abilities.

Ok I have all of the Frosts abilties level'd so will give you the lowdown

as said by the OP the standard Freeze attack 25 energy is pretty useless damage wise, you use it on big mobs to keep em out of the picture for awhile.... this can be pretty useless with pugs since they shoot everything and everything but if your last man standing and want to get a res in this thing helps.... ALOT on a boss fight

his second ability Ice Wave 50 energy.... now this looks neat and would be a brilliant ability.... if it wasent for the next ability... but we will get to that later... you bassicaly punch the ground and ice errupts in a wave infront of you doing heavy damage now even though the range can be extended its a very small strait line so I use it for corridor clearing if I use it at all

now onto my fav ability Snow Globe (what a name) also 50 energy this is possibly my fav move and its not even a damager, you summon a huge freezing wind of ice in a massive sphere..... anything shooting into the sphere will simply bounce, vice versa for shooting outside it.... however anything inside can engage in combat..... oh except if there hostile there put in matrix mode and moving at about 10% there reguler speed..... bassicaly run to boss.... cast this baby and LOL as you can literally slughter his &#! without him firing more than 5 rounds back.... even on level 1 is lasts ages and covers a pretty damn big area..... its also one of the "excuse the pun" coolest looking abilties...... put it this way you pop this everyone takes notice.... they have to.

overall excalibur USED to be my fav frame (and iv tried em all) this is my new king of the house.... best frame ever..... just wish he had a helmit that reduced his sheilds and increased his run speed :P

If that is all true, then Frost will be my new favourite as well. I had a feeling he'll replace Volt's eternal 1st place in my heart, but now I'm convinced. The 3rd and 4th ability sound perfect for my playstyle!

how are the animations for his abilities? They sound a bit weird looking.

Freeze is similar to Volt's Shock, he holds his hand out towards the enemy and then swoosh, enemy freezes. Looks like they're covered in a layer of ice. Pretty fancy.

Ice Wave is exactly what it sounds like. A wave of ice spikes emerging from the ground in a straight line, damaging enemies in the line. The ice also shatters. Enemies don't freeze solid as with the Freeze skill, but stagger a little.

The other two, no idea, didn't get them yet