The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancient Disruptor Need To Be Balanced.

IAmHabanero

The Ancient Disruptor can cause some serious problems. 1. It has a million health which makes it insanely hard to kill. 2. It's knockdown can ultimately ruin your fighting chance on defending an objective. 3. And to top it all off, if it gets close enough to you, say bye bye to all that energy. 

The main thing that severely needs a change is the energy draining, I was playing with some friends and we came up with a few alternatives to that ability. 1. Instead of draining ALL of you energy, how about draining half of it or draining 100 energy? 2. Or, my preferred option, instead of draining energy at all, how about disabling power use for a short time. 3. An option to add to whats already in place, if you kill the disruptor it returns the energy back to the stolen players. 

I appreciate anyone who weighs in on this discussion, and hope to see some similar changes in the near future.

I stun lock ancient disrupters lvl 40 with melee ether daggers, rank 15 unpotatoed and unforma.

I squish ancients (any of the 3) within 3 seconds of Kunai/Dispair shooting at rank 30, unpotatoed and unforma.

In other words, they are just fine, you just haven't got used to them or don't have a good weapon to fight them off. The only ancient you can't get close and personal is the Toxic. Since the poison is AoE. Disrupter will only affect you if you let him hit you.

I honestly recommend Boltor, Akbolto, or for melee, ether daggers

im no expert, but i think they have significantly less than 1 million HPs.

they arent that hard to fight. watch out for them and nuke them before they get to you. they are rather easy to kill of you know what you are doing and learning to dodge their grabby hands is a skill worth developing.

also you can use block to stop their hit from knocking you down and draining your shields.

its a big red dude that is easy to spot and fight. use fire mods and any AP or armor ignore you can get your hands on.

if it wasnt for them infested would be easy as hell to deal with. its good to have things that keep you from mindlessly doing missions with no concerns.

Edited by MetalGerbil

im no expert, but i think they have significantly less than 1 million HPs.

they arent that hard to fight. watch out for them and nuke them before they get to you. they are rather easy to kill of you know what you are doing and learning to dodge their grabby hands is a skill worth developing.

also you can use block to stop their hit from knocking you down and draining your shields.

its a big red dude that is easy to spot and fight. use fire mods and any AP or armor ignore you can get your hands on.

if it wasnt for them infested would be easy as hell to deal with. its good to have things that keep you from mindlessly doing missions with no concerns.

Totally agree, only thing that should be made is to add some sort of sound when they charge you, hate when those meat mountain sneak behind me...

The only changes that disruptors need are:

-Sounds. They are big and super stealthy. If one spawns behind you while you are shooting other 5 in front of you then you're #*($%%@. Therefore they need some menacing and distinctive sounds

-Removal of autoaim. Currently if you cloak/turn invisible AND move out of the spot you were standing they will still hit you. Even if you're behind them they will just shoot their tentacle through their bodies and hit you which is complete bullS#&$ in my opinion

Edit: also either other factions' heavy unit count should be increased per spawn or ancient count should be decreased

Edited by WhisperByte

Run an ember and keep up overheat when faced by a disruptor and they cannot drain your energy and shields, combine that with a heavy melee weapon,cold damage mod and a single aoe knock down to render disruptor's harmless. Toxic ancients are more of a threat as you still take poison damage to health when they are knocked down.

Ancients disruptors are easy to deal with. A little bit of Nyx's chaos or Vauban's Bastille makes 'em easy peasy. 

Just aim for their legs to get the most bang for your buck, and if they start charging you, just like, jump on top of a container.

1. Play Trinity.

2. Press 3.

3. Press 2.

4. Repeat.

5.???

6. Profit.

Seriously, I haven't been to Wave 15 on Xini in so long, but I went there last night for fun on the back of my Trinity with a team comp that had 0 AoE (Frost didn't use 4 once, and Banshee didn't have any abilities equipped >_>)

I think they're ok difficulty-wise, but I agree that with their hulking sizes, more distinctive sounds to act as a warning would be nice. I mean, they should have thundering footsteps whey they run towards you full speed. I don't think they were intended to be stealth attack enemies like Creepers in Minecraft. Too many times they've respawned behind me and before I know it BONK!!!

Their auto-homing disruption attack even when you get cloaked/Smoke Screen/Invsibility is kinda unfair as well (they're not the only ones guilty of this, Shield Lancers too).

Edited by Tulzscha

1. Play Trinity.

2. Press 3.

3. Press 2.

4. Repeat.

5.???

6. Profit.

Seriously, I haven't been to Wave 15 on Xini in so long, but I went there last night for fun on the back of my Trinity with a team comp that had 0 AoE (Frost didn't use 4 once, and Banshee didn't have any abilities equipped >_>)

What? Seriously?

Have you tried aiming at the boot with a non-AP weapon or at the head while charging with say, a decently modded snipetron? They're not as tough as they first seem.

You can also jump kick by doing a slide in mid-air to knock them down before they can attack you.