The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancient Disruptor Need To Be Balanced.

IAmHabanero

Hey guys if all my abilities could just like 1 shot everything around me that would be great and really balance the game for me, actually if I could just press 1 and have everything in the mission die horribly, then press 2 and auto-collect all mods and resources that dropped from enemies and that are inside containers, and then press 3 and be teleported to extraction that'd be even better, you know just bring it more in line with industry standards?

Unless it has been said already, I like the disruptors and ancients they way they are.

Everytime I see one walking in a crowd of lower infesteds, I instantly go:

"Oh crap, here they come", and focus fire with everyone else.

Edited by Kasamoto

Unless it has been said already, I like the disruptors and ancients they way they are.

Everytime I see one walking in a crowd of lower infesteds, I instantly go:

"Oh exrements, here they come", and focus fire with everyone else.

Agreed.

They are the closest thing to a "High priority target" that we have currently.

Ah, here we go again. Whenever Disruptors are brought up, people pipe up how it's the only really difficult enemy, and the game is already too easy, just be more aware yadda yadda yadda. Possibly the same people who cry about not seeing Catalysts/Reactors on Alerts. Funny.

The only changes that disruptors need are:

-Sounds. They are big and super stealthy. If one spawns behind you while you are shooting other 5 in front of you then you're #*($%%@. Therefore they need some menacing and distinctive sounds

-Removal of autoaim. Currently if you cloak/turn invisible AND move out of the spot you were standing they will still hit you. Even if you're behind them they will just shoot their tentacle through their bodies and hit you which is complete bullS#&$ in my opinion

Edit: also either other factions' heavy unit count should be increased per spawn or ancient count should be decreased

That's about right. If those things changed, I wouldn't mind the one-hit-drains-all-energy bullsheet that much. Currently, they can run up to you from the other side of a defense map extremely fast and not make a single sound doing so. A distinctive roar before charging at you would be nice, even if shared with Healers and Toxics.

We might see some changes soon, given how there were previews of the new model/animations in the last livestream.

The only changes that disruptors need are:

-Sounds. They are big and super stealthy. If one spawns behind you while you are shooting other 5 in front of you then you're #*($%%@. Therefore they need some menacing and distinctive sounds

-Removal of autoaim. Currently if you cloak/turn invisible AND move out of the spot you were standing they will still hit you. Even if you're behind them they will just shoot their tentacle through their bodies and hit you which is complete bullS#&$ in my opinion

Edit: also either other factions' heavy unit count should be increased per spawn or ancient count should be decreased

This. Infested need some unit that takes even a little skill to fight. All the other infested just run at you and get destroyed by any aoe abilities. The ancients are the only infested that are at all challenging. But the fact that disruptors will automatically hit you unless you sprint out of range before the animation finishes is ridiculous. Maybe they can make the animation faster but make it so that the attack only goes straight in the direction you were standing at when the animation started. 

Edited by Duelshock

This game in gerneral offers very little challange to most anyone who's played for a decent while. Every other patch they come out with a new weapon or 2 that has better stats than that of prior weapons. The problem with this theory is we are getting stronger while the enemeys are staying the same. No enemy I've come across needs to be nerfed. Hell, even the stalker who used to be feared is laughable now.

if it wasnt for them infested would be easy as hell to deal with.

This only says that the rest of the infested are weak and he's kinda cheap, not that the infested as a whole are balanced due to one cheap tactic by one monster.

Energy reliant frames are disproportionately hit by that stupid energy drain. if I could go invisible and run the hell away, it wouldn't feel so cheap. Instead, my already squishy Loki just gets to lie down and die, since the attack also knocks you on your butt.

Frankly, I want him to only take a percentage of your energy (50? 75?) and all of your shields with the rest of the infested improved drasically.

Another thing that's been bugging me is how there is an infested that punishes melee focused builds (Toxic Ancients) but there's no ancient that punishes ranged users. Seems kinda lopsided. I want one that thrashes ranged builds. Maybe something that reflects bullets back into your face as you shoot them but can be cut up easily. Gunners kill Toxics and psycho-stabby guys like me take out the other one. Yay synergy.

Nothing says fun like a bit of good old Disrupter tag. Despite how painful it can be to have all of your energy taken I always have to forgiven them on the fact they are just the most darling enemy out there.

A well-modded Hek sends 'em flying across the room. And, fun fact, if you're sneaking around with a high-charge weapon, you can stealth assassinate a toxic ancient without taking damage. *veteran moment* It's also really ceased to be a noteworthy event when I get hit by a disruptor. The first few times, I panicked and ran clear across the map. Now I just laugh and ground-pound them until they die.

That said, I agree that (a) they need better sounds and less autohit, and (b) new models will help IMMENSELY.

Does anyone know when the new models are rolling out?