Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add 3 retry to test 10

Dark_Blade_Runner

The test 10, to get the 11 player level, "running-jumping-firing red balloons-one miss is total failure", is just horrible. Even if you get 3 to 7 seconds at training end , when you do the final test you got stress, as normal human, so you will miss a jump or a red balloon, but here you don't have retry, you just should wait 24 hours more. Three or four times I lost this test, even if I success in training room all time. Each time I miss a high jump (not so easy to move like a ninja with keyboard and a mouse). It's really too much hard comparing with test 9. You should add 3 retry from start with full time restored, so we could stress less and pass this test. 

Edited by Dark_Blade_Runner

It's quite hard to try and follow through what was typed here but here it goes:

1. I haven't done MR tests in a while, but doesn't each test have at least 3 tries? If this particular test does not, then it should be added because it's reasonable enough.

2. There's a training area for mastery test which you can practice all you want at the Relays---> Simaris Room.

3. However, the waiting time to take another test either if you failed it or passed should remain 24 hours or whatever the time limit currently is.

Just now, Calwon5 said:

It's quite hard to try and follow through what was typed here but here it goes:

1. I haven't done MR tests in a while, but doesn't each test have at least 3 tries? If this particular test does not, then it should be added because it's reasonable enough.

If I recall correctly :
There's no "Retry" because every time you fall it teleports you back above. ( So technically you have infinite retry, but a limited amount of time. )

As for OP :
There's no need to destroy all the targets, I've managed to make it from start to finish with plenty time just by destroying the ones that are before the elevator.
The ones that fail the test are the ones that go platform by platform trying to get every single targets.

( You can also skip a whole 5-10 seconds by bullet jumping from the platform before the elevator to the very top )

The only thing I can suggest is : Go in training room and take it easy, pass some targets as if they didn't even exist and destroy those that are most easy to take down, you're most likely to stress and panic if you look at the timer and show too much importance to meaningless targets, more "Retry" won't solve that problem.

12 hours ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

If I recall correctly :
There's no "Retry" because every time you fall it teleports you back above. ( So technically you have infinite retry, but a limited amount of time. )

If you miss a jump, the time to get down and to respawn, you loose, you get less than a second to finish. 

I did it by hitting almost every orb. If you do that, you'll even have time to stop, crouch, and bullet jump (rather than having to do it all in one move, or slide-bullet jump-aim glide or whatever - I'm not real accurate with those maneuvers, and trying them made me miss jumps more often than not).

You have to move fast, but don't panic. I had more trouble with the initial platforms (missing the jumps, mostly) than the maze, but it also helped me to watch the video and memorize the turns in the short maze bit, so I didn't get turned around by accident. 

But yeah, if you fall, unless you've banked a lot of time, you're pretty much hosed. I found it ironic that the Mastery 11 test is significantly harder than Mastery 12. Mastery 12 is "walk in circle and shoot enemies. Take your time, Tenno."

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

Some of these tests are easy, some of them are hard. I will say I got frustrated on a few of them, but since MR 10 I have gone into the practice rooms. I make sure to pass the practice a couple times in a row to make sure I have the "muscle memory". There are much harder ones later that you will encounter, more notably the next tier of the one you are having issues with. It is frustrating, but with enough practice you can get there.

If it was just me, I will not post this whine, but there's so much players who got trouble with this test, it's a limit-break-down one. Just check the tests stats, if you got some, or graphe with 9-10-11 level players. I'm sure it's because the jump and run should be lot easier with a console gamepad, but on a keyboard you should use your left little finger to make a high-jump, and on the other hand use your mouse to shoot, that's a lot harder. Anyway, I'm sure I will pass this test one day, with some luck, but just saying this test is too much hard comparing previous tests, on PC, this should be more fairly balanced.  

Edited by Dark_Blade_Runner