Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Pole-Arm (Orthos) Weapon Skin Idea!

PopTartZombie

I would never use neither one of these on my Orthos.

lol, I wouldnt either. I wasn't implementing that those exact poopy paint-made skins would be used. The pics are just for a rough image to lean you towards what they could look like. I made them in like 45 sec each. xD

Edited by PopTartZombie

That's just Dagger and Manticore skins applied to the Orthos.  The Manticore skin is basically already done, see the Amphis.

The Orthos is balanced, sleek and quick, both of those look ungainly and rough.  Think more along the lines of the Lancer's weapon from FateStayNight or the sleeker partisan.  Or look for the more interesting oriental spear heads.  Remember, the animation has the weapon slide across your back, as well as keeping pretty close to your body during its turn and stab motions.

Like the first poster I wouldn't put either on my Orthos.  I suppose though they wouldn't be hard to add since they're already in the game on another weapon.

How about this:

ScytheLinus.jpg

Though, it looks more like a double scythe than a polearm. lol

Scythes come under the heading of polearms so this would work nicely, though as _Rue_ just said, there might be clipping issues.  I'd vote for that as a new weapon altogether, even with the glut of melee weapons.

By the by, that piece is awesome.

Edited by Seraphiel451

How about this:

ScytheLinus.jpg

Though, it looks more like a double scythe than a polearm. lol

maybe with the blades flipped so it 'seems' similar to the current orthos, but then with different blades. the reasoning I had behind this idea was that the 'dagger axe' skins aren't essentially 'new' weapons (with the same stats) but the same weapon, with the cutting area changed (but still in the same spot)

a double sythe might seem fancy, but I think it's too big to be 'useful'