Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multishot and Status on Beam Weapons

IceColdHawk

Question

8 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

So hammer shot > split chamber for artax?

If you want it ONLY for status, then yes, since Hammer Shot will basically be 0 damage increase for Artax. Then again, the status chance is similarly very low.

Even with a lot of status mods, you can maybe bring Artax to a 20% status chance / second, which means it will proc roughly once every 5 seconds. Just focus on range / punch through and you are basically done with Artax.

2 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

If you want it ONLY for status, then yes, since Hammer Shot will basically be 0 damage increase for Artax. Then again, the status chance is similarly very low.

Even with a lot of status mods, you can maybe bring Artax to a 20% status chance / second, which means it will proc roughly once every 5 seconds. Just focus on range / punch through and you are basically done with Artax.

I prefer to get the status as high as possible incl. punch through. The damage is negligible with a base 5 dps. I just wanted to know if split chamber has any actual impact on procing twice as much or not. Looks like it does not though.

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

I prefer to get the status as high as possible incl. punch through. The damage is negligible with a base 5 dps. I just wanted to know if split chamber has any actual impact on procing twice as much or not. Looks like it does not though.

Status has a similarly low negligible impact. Do not forget that the status is /second with continuous weapons and not per shot like normal weapons. With Artax's low status chance, even if you get it to 20% status chance, that means exactly 1 status proc every 5 seconds. Good thing that Artax has the guaranteed Cold proc, otherwise it would have been completely useless.

Just now, -BM-Leonhart said:

Status has a similarly low negligible impact. Do not forget that the status is /second with continuous weapons and not per shot like normal weapons. With Artax's low status chance, even if you get it to 20% status chance, that means exactly 1 status proc every 5 seconds. Good thing that Artax has the guaranteed Cold proc, otherwise it would have been completely useless.

I'm sitting currently at 26.9% status (unmaxed). And i feel it's procing some good blast procs for me while enemies are ice-cold (even longer knockdown duration). While i'm not a fan of general beam weapons and status, artax is different. Compared to other sentinel weapons, it has 100% cold proc, pure elemental, and it HITS reliably. That imo, makes up for the small number of status/s. We just gotta take into account that the CC lasts longer, hits better and is pure elemental. I already love it.

5 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

I'm aware that fire rate increases status on continuous weapons such as glaxion or artax. Multishot doesn't though. So i'd like to know if multishot does actually do anything to benefit procing more often?

I recently tested this for fun. Multishot acts basically like serration, but with a much lesser effect. This is because the beam doesn't actually split like hit scan or projectile weapons do.

Also worth noting if a beam gets close to or over 200% or 300% status chance it will proc multiple times per second, unlike other weapons which basically cap at 100%.