Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

warframe on an SSD

SDGDen

Question

is there any way to get warframe installed in a way that it uses just an SSD? my boot drive is realy slow so i added an SSD to my system to play games on. but warframe does not read from said SSD and is thus suffering from the hellishly slow load speeds of my main harddrive.

is there any way to change this? i already installed warframe to the SSD. but only the installer is reading from the SSD

im guessing its because the appdata is on my HDD, is there a way to change this?

12 answers to this question

People still have HDDs?

You need to shift your entire installation to your SDD of Warframe.

The 'easy' way is to completely uninstall Warframe from the system, then reinstall it fresh on the SDD.

And to be frank, you'd be best off moving your OS to the SDD as well. Driver usage and background utility will run from the OS installation, not the game.

17 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Technicly yeah you can totaly install warframe on another drive or partition and read it from there.

Are you using steam or not ?

Sadly you are sill gonna have some issues because your OS is still probably on your HDD right ?

my steam install is broken. i cant launch the game through steam.

10 minutes ago, SilverZs said:

People still have HDDs?

You need to shift your entire installation to your SDD of Warframe.

The 'easy' way is to completely uninstall Warframe from the system, then reinstall it fresh on the SDD.

And to be frank, you'd be best off moving your OS to the SDD as well. Driver usage and background utility will run from the OS installation, not the game.

yeh my 300GB C partition is not going to fit on my 120GB ssd ;-; my harddrive is 1TB btw. also. how exactly do you "move" an OS? cuz maybe i could do that if it and all the things that need to be in the appdata can fit in 120GB. and i have completely uninstalled it and reinstalled to the SSD. still using my HDD for things. 

6 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

my steam install is broken. i cant launch the game through steam.

yeh my 300GB C partition is not going to fit on my 120GB ssd ;-; my harddrive is 1TB btw. also. how exactly do you "move" an OS? cuz maybe i could do that if it and all the things that need to be in the appdata can fit in 120GB. and i have completely uninstalled it and reinstalled to the SSD. still using my HDD for things. 

You need to install the whole thing OS on your SDD and make it primary/boot on it in your bios after that ( the boot order section thingy).

You will need a fresh installation of your OS. You can use the same keys and everything ;)

Edited by trunks013

10 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

You need to install the whole thing OS on your SDD and make it primary/boot on it in your bios after that.

You will need a fresh installation of your OS. You can use the same keys and everything ;)

my pc used to be a prebuilt, so i dont have the keys.... 

although i have found a way to do it with partition cloning. might try that.

Edited by SupremeDutchGamer

9 minutes ago, kyori said:

I'm sorry to hear that you are disrespected(which is against forum rules) by people mocking you for still using HDD. 

Try having your OS installed in your SSD, it should solve the problem.

LOL id just call that "mockery" a joke. just like "holy S#&$ ppl still use flipphones?"

also as i said before, i cant reinstall my OS. since i dont have the key.

4 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

although i have found a way to do it with partition cloning. might try that.

Yeah you can try that ^.^ sometimes when its prebuilded they put stickers on it with the keys or else there is a recovery partition that will allow you to install it with the key preconfigured ( if sysprep was well made wich is certainly the case )

3 minutes ago, kyori said:

I'm sorry to hear that you are disrespected(which is against forum rules) by people mocking you for still using HDD. 

Honestly i think that @SilverZs was doing more of a joke and not being disrepectful. SDD are great but when you have a little bit of Heat somewhere HDD are the best.

I'm not kidding SDD are super bad for usage in extreme temperature but HDD does super well.

Put an HDD in a pc that vibrate too much ( like in a truck ) and you will kill it in no time. But SDD dont give a damn about vibration because there is no moving part what so ever.

Different technologies different advantage/disaventage. Prise/size/usage are always a good point to see.

8 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

Your OEM should offer reinstallation media, at the very least. otherwise, you can recover your windows key via keyfinder, and install from retail media (downloadable from MS).

33 minutes ago, kyori said:

Triggered, much?

26 minutes ago, pauli133 said:

Your OEM should offer reinstallation media, at the very least. otherwise, you can recover your windows key via keyfinder, and install from retail media (downloadable from MS).

23 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Yep key finder is also a super great idea ^.^ 

You'll be able to find a plethora of how-to's for OEM recoveries etc.

Also, keep in mind your OS, which is to say windows, is not 300 gigs in size. There has not, and more then likely never will, be an OS that is that size.

Windows 10, for instance, at its base value is only about 6 gigs. Thats it. At maximum in terms of utilities required (drivers) and OS, you're looking at a gross maximum of 25 gigs at its greatest value.