Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get something similar to the greater rifts?

InDueTime-EN-

For those who don't know what the greater rifts are, they are gameplay feature in diablo 3. It creates an instance based on the level of the "rift key". They have to kill enemies to fill up a gauge and once it is filled it spawns a "rift guardian" which is a super powered eximus unit. Killing that finished the mission. Once they complete the rift they are given a choice to increase the level of the key(the amount it increase is based on how fast you clear the rift) or upgrade their legendary gems. The higher the level of the key the higher the drop chances are in the game the more unique(Eximus) monster spawn.

There are several ways that we can do this. Here are mine.

• The first one is very similar to the greater rifts in diablo. We can get "keys" from the sorties. You can use these keys on specific nodes in each planet. You get to rampage around the planet filling up a gauge and once it is filled you open door to boss arena. Once it ends it gives you a choice to increase the level of the key or upgrade a relic(we can use the current upgrade values of the relics with a minor change, after a certain level you can surpass radiant rank of the relics). Relics still can not be upgraded more than once.

• The second one is where you can use the "keys" in any mission. Each mission would have a special eximus that you would need to take down(capture target, all the wardens, assassination bosses will be turned into these). Mobile defense spawns this unit once you start the last terminal hack starts. Endless missions would work about the same way as the greater rifts, where you fill up a gauge to spawn a boss; defense would no longer have waves and just have an endless stream of enemies; survival would have a 15 min time limit; excavation and intercept would work the same way except for the conditions to complete end the mission(one excavation must still be completed and you must finish the current interception before extracting). Extraction would become available once the special eximus are killed(you still need to rescue the target after killing the wardens). I don't know what to do with spy. And once again, speed is needed to upgrade the "key" or relic.

If you have other ideas feel free to share them. Please tell me what you think? Is it good or bad? Why?

15 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

Killing that finished the mission. Once they complete the rift they are given a choice to increase the level of the key(the amount it increase is based on how fast you clear the rift) or upgrade their legendary gems. The higher the level of the key the higher the drop chances are in the game the more unique(Eximus) monster spawn.

apparently its been a while since u played d3. this part was changed a while back. now its just get a universal key, open rift, if u finish in time, upgrade gem. higher difficulty is unlocked for other keys.

(we can use the current upgrade values of the relics with a minor change, after a certain level you can surpass radiant rank of the relics). Relics still can not be upgraded more than once

i could go for this honestly. but what id like to see is something like, say what ur after is in the middle. id like to tilt the odds towards that. give that one item a higher chance while subsequently lowering the others, including the rare reward.

Edited by Moysa

this sounds suspiciously like just an Exterminate Mission with a Mini-boss at the end. why would we want to restrict Players to needing 'Keys' for this? it's pretty basic and extremely repetitive since it's An Exterminate. wouldn't 'Keys' be preferred to be related to really cool and interesting things?

ideas for adjusting Exterminate in Warframe also may end up not to dissimilar to this, Steve even saying things quite like this, in that there's some Enemies around and as you take them out (but not required to Kill every single one), Mini-bosses and such come in to stop you Killing their dudes, Et Cetera.
so, Exterminate as a 'normal' Gamemode could end up with quite a few similarities with that.

On 2/18/2017 at 7:20 AM, Xaelroa said:

No. Just no.

Why though? Any specific reason why you don't want this?

On 2/18/2017 at 7:29 AM, Moysa said:

apparently its been a while since u played d3. this part was changed a while back. now its just get a universal key, open rift, if u finish in time, upgrade gem. higher difficulty is unlocked for other keys.

You are right, it has been a while. Also, now that I think about it, adding another item to the sortie rewards which we can use once is not something I'd like. Maybe have it drop it in a place where we can farm a lot of it, or maybe make it a craftable item.

On 2/18/2017 at 8:02 AM, taiiat said:

this sounds suspiciously like just an Exterminate Mission with a Mini-boss at the end. why would we want to restrict Players to needing 'Keys' for this? it's pretty basic and extremely repetitive since it's An Exterminate. wouldn't 'Keys' be preferred to be related to really cool and interesting things?

The keys can be done differently as I said above.

As for it being an exterminate, I mentioned several different ways it can be done in different game modes, capture mission would just have the capture target as the mini-boss and you would not need to kill any other enemies to spawn them, Wardens can also serve this purpose in rescue missions. In mobile defense it spawns at the last terminal. You're not stuck with just one game mode, exterminate will still have limited enemies.

Thanks for the replies.