Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keeps Uninstalling Through Steam

nickl3188

Question

Warframe has been uninstalled by itself multiple times for me and a friend. We're running the game through steam and its getting annoying at this point if anyone knows any solutions or what may be causing this. I'd run it without steam but I like being able to use money from stream. Don't know where else to ask and have asked in support and gotten no answers.

12 answers to this question

Just now, nickl3188 said:

Ok, gotcha, I'm using Kaspersky, it hasn't done this with any other game, just warframe, but it is the only game with pop ups from Kaspersky

So, all AVs are kind of trash (Kaspersky is definitely the best, but still) I've never used Kaspersky personally, so I can't really tell you how exactly to prevent it from happening, but I would look through some settings and whitelist all of steam if you haven't, if not I would contact Kaspersky support.

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

So, all AVs are kind of trash (Kaspersky is definitely the best, but still) I've never used Kaspersky personally, so I can't really tell you how exactly to prevent it from happening, but I would look through some settings and whitelist all of steam if you haven't, if not I would contact Kaspersky support.

Awesome, thanks for the help, I've messed with the settings before and nothing has actually changed with it, so probably a customer support call away from it haha.

Edited by nickl3188

i have had the same issue the last few weeks it just did it again today when i was on warframe yesterday like i am every day xD i dont think its an anti virus thing might be a steam issue itself because the whole warframe folder in the steam directory just vanishes and my anti virus would tell me and its not moved to the trash either, its just completely gone not hidden either just gone

EDIT: Luckly i have fibre so it only takes a few minutes to to download the 15gb steam file. Also do you have a solid state drive aswell as your main drive?

Edited by Grimm

On 21/02/2017 at 2:38 PM, JSharpie said:

I use Kaspersky, never had an issue.