Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poison Or Acid Bullets

ZeroPhobic

I want to ask you guys, what do you think the chances of us getting poison or acid bullets like the other types of damage for weapons now that we have the Acrid and poison launcher?

I love the idea of us getting this ammo type since ninja were famous for using poison to kill targets. I love the acrid as well, but would love to have poison/acid on my other weapons.

From what I gather you'd like to have it as a new elemental right? I'd like that too, but it may make the current poison weapons obsolete. If you had that as a mod for the Despair you'd have full auto. If it were used on the Ogris well you have splash damage and DOT.

Edited by sushidubya

Well what about mod space. It took me 3 formas to put every elemental on my torid. I don't have more space, unless its really op worthy to replace one of them.

Was thinking the exact same thing. If DE keeps the overall energy the same but give us 2 more mod slots (10 rather than 8) we'd be able to put mods like hawk/eagle eye, etc on our weapons without having to sacrifice essential mods. Currently we have either damage+elemental builds and/or damage+crit builds depending on whether or not the weapon crits or has high damage.

Adding more slots wouldn't make weapons too OP because the overall energy of 30/60 (without and with potato) would still be the same.

Yeah I would want it myself as well. I had the same idea when I first bought the Mire. That being said it might be hard to balance right and that guns such as Acrid needs a nerf before that. Anyways I would love to have high poison DoT procs. on my Saryn whose main melee weapon is the Mire.

Poison elemental mod for rifles/pistols/melee. For rifles does 30% extra base damage as poison type. Each time an enemy is hit by a poison elemental, enemy armor is reduced by 10%. So after around 10 shots with this mod on, all shots will do 100% no armor reduction. Obviously terrible vs weak monsters but very good vs heavy units with lots of hp.

Poison elemental mod for rifles/pistols/melee. For rifles does 30% extra base damage as poison type. Each time an enemy is hit by a poison elemental, enemy armor is reduced by 10%. So after around 10 shots with this mod on, all shots will do 100% no armor reduction. Obviously terrible vs weak monsters but very good vs heavy units with lots of hp.

I personally prefer the Armor shred effect. Corrosive Ammunition mods that let you shred enemy defenses would be nice as hell - particularly for low damage, high fire rate weaponry.

I personally prefer the Armor shred effect. Corrosive Ammunition mods that let you shred enemy defenses would be nice as hell - particularly for low damage, high fire rate weaponry.

I like this idea a lot! Something peels the armor off or ignores shields like the infested toxic guys do, but not OP like the Acrid

I want to ask you guys, what do you think the chances of us getting poison or acid bullets like the other types of damage for weapons now that we have the Acrid and poison launcher?

I love the idea of us getting this ammo type since ninja were famous for using poison to kill targets. I love the acrid as well, but would love to have poison/acid on my other weapons.

I'd love to see both, and also some sort of lifesteal, and maybe even an energy steal.  I'd love to see more options so you can sort of mix-and-match, rather than have the 3 elementals almost required.  Don't get me wrong; they're awesome, but I'd love to see more options.

poison is already an element, saryn can apply it to melee weapons and a few weapons deal it. It'd be nice to have a mod that allows us to add poison damage to our weapons like the other elements though.

I think you captured exactly what I was thinking. It is in-game and can be added by a character to a melee weapon. This may be the reason we have not seen it added to bullets, because the Saryn players would grab the torches and hit the streets, but I would still love to see it added.

Maybe, add it in a different way then straight forward damage. It could pass through shields, but do -25% damage or do extra damage to armor type npc or do zero damage to toxic npc, something along these lines. What do you guys think?

would be nice... a standard penta polarity build already exists for all rifles hopefully more mods, given the limited slot space, will create variety. :) we need more though. But it can't be a straight upgrade of the previous mods or else it will just be part of the new standard build.

We need mods that have advantages and drawbacks if they can't think of more unique ways to implement elements. Laser/plasma damage for one sucks just because it just has drawbacks.

Corrosive ammo sounds great, but have the armor reduced per shot be very low and static, so as to not scale with damage mods. If it did then weapons like ogris and snipers would massacre everything. It balances out this way with low damage/ high RoF weapons getting good benefit and not making high damage/ low RoF weapons to powerful

Edit* didn't clarify that armor reduction be a percentage of like 2% per hit capping at 30%-40%

Edited by blackraver