Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex prime status or crit

NebulaDragoon

Question

13 answers to this question

Build for both crit + status. Only use the status according to the team comp so like if you have 4 corrosive projection auras then grineer won't have armor, and viral would deal more damage. If they have armor then use corrosive, against shield I prefer pure toxin (viral is fine too) or just against infested viral as well(If there's room adding heat can benefit more if you really want extra damage on top of viral).  

personally with Lex I'd recommend building for crit. If you can get your hands on say Aklex prime, maybe go for status as you have way more in terms of bullets coming out but to be honest there are better secondaries out there to stack status. Namely the Akstiletto prime.  Lex and Aklex are damage tanks for  the secondary category. Just my two cents.

6 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

This.

at 25/25 you are losing by not building for both. Especially with Gas procs. 

i run viral on my aklex prime for mesa, the riven mod i have has -65% status chance and even with that two dual stat mods and the standard multishot mods have me at 75% status. seriously build for both

Edited by --Laughing-Soul--

Crit is essential for Lex Prime, as for status, it depends on preference.

Personally I use pure Crit build for Lex Prime. The status I wish to procs are Corrosive and Slash. Corrosive proc on Lex Prime is mediocre. For low level armored enemies, Lex can one shot. For high level armored enemy, you'll need multiple corrosive procs to have obvious damage increase. With low RoF but high base damage Lex Prime, Crit and pure elemental mod build can kill faster than hybrid build. And Slash proc for Lex Prime is an unachievable dream.

That doesn't mean Pure crit is best for Lex. With hybrid build, you'll sacrifice some damage, but more utility in return. For example, Cold or Heat procs to CC enemy, or Gas to damage multiple enemies.

So in the end, If you want to kill enemy faster, mod for pure crit. If you want to kill enemy slower, but has more utility, mod for both crit and status.

Viral proc cannot be stacked and has duration, so you'll not want to sacrifice damage to make viral proc multiple times at once on single enemy. Although Lex Prime has decent status chance that can still often proc status without status chance mod, but most of the time it procs Puncture. I suggest put only one 60% element/status, not only to have higher chance to proc status, also higher chance to proc viral.

Edited by (PS4)Akabane85

because of the relatively low Rate of Fire of Lex Prime, Crit comes first. some Status is nice too though.
if you feel comfortable using 3 Elemental Mods, making the second/third one a Status Elemental would be sufficient to get Status Effects from time to time.

don't invest too heavily into Status though (unless you acknowledge the objective superiority of Crits on this Weapon but decide you want to do something else), as a Physical Weapon, with that low Rate of Fire, Elemental Status Effects will not be impressively common. ones that are for debuffing would be the most useful in this regard. such as fighting Armor Stripped Grineer, and getting Viral Status on Enemies that are (somehow) too tough for you to Kill quickly.

On 2/24/2017 at 8:12 PM, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

i run viral on my aklex prime for mesa, the riven mod i have has -65% status chance and even with that two dual stat mods and the standard multishot mods have me at 75% status. seriously build for both

Riven mods dont affect peacemaker, so you are essentially losing a mod for it. 

Physical and especially mixed weapons aren't exactly good for status (if you're not using it paired with stuff like condition overload on actuall mixed weapons or slash main, what's at least somewhat usefull.)

Physical damage types have a 4x higher odd to trigger status so the elemental chance is really low. That's puncture status in specific for the lex prime, what's just lowering enemy damage...I'd say go for pure damage/crit..

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108