Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be careful when using warframe.market

InsomnIaC.

5 hours ago, InsomnIaC. said:

some pieces of sh individuals have created fake personas on warframe.market to make fake listings that deliberately undercut the average (in between lowest seller and highest buyer) price.

So those kind gentlemen help me to buy items for lower prices instead of being ripped off by plat mongers? Good.

7 hours ago, InsomnIaC. said:

For those who have problems viewing the image, the story is this: some pieces of sh individuals have created fake personas on warframe.market to make fake listings that deliberately undercut the average (in between lowest seller and highest buyer) price.

You can report fake sellers with the reporting feature. Once you are logged into warframe.market this is at the bottom of user profile:

Hp26Nl9.png

This has been in market for a week now but does its job quite good.

Edited by k05h

4 hours ago, Krhymez said:

This mod is not worth much...lol. You can buy a set of armor, a potato Ohma and this mod for 270p on the market. You do the math, DE does not think the mod is worth much.

Also, that site is for "fast" selling. the prices in game are much higher on average.

Another thing... just report them on the site. Check the bottom of their profile page.

Gee, I don't know about you, but sale prices for my region (Asia) and the timings I'm on are pretty accurate based on warframe.market (in between lowest seller and highest buyer). I'm not counting the small plat transactions of 5-10 plat, because most people treat that sort of plat as expendable anyway and won't worry about adding +5 more just to make a quick transaction.

Prices generally vary by region; by connection due to the different timings the bulk of people from each zone are online, time also affects the activity of the market.

I don't have an account personally on WM so I can't report the profiles directly, but now that someone else's mentioned their contact I will be exploring a different avenue to do so myself.

2 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

I have to agree about the people manipulating the market. I don't care if they have an item to sell. But these people don't have it. They're posting fake listings which won't be removed in order to force cut the prices.

I'm not mad about this because I don't get to buy something expensive for a low price, it angers me because it's filth.

P.S. Out of principle, don't buy from people who cut the prices by 1-2% of the price, they're undercutting just to make a sale, cheap tactics. Don't encourage them.

Dishonesty in trades is one thing, but avoiding all traders who are willing to let their buyers haggle (assuming no malicious intent)? That sounds rather extreme.

As a long-time veteran to the game who's been playing almost since the start of open beta I sometimes have a truckload of inventory to clear (e.g. archwing parts, landing craft parts from raids, rare mods), and I would rather increase my potential buyers to a larger pool of people who're looking for just slightly cheaper prices (for the small goods, 1 to 2 plat, or 10-20% off) than sit around trade chat repeating the same message every 3 minutes while everyone ignores me because it's too expensive for them.

Undercutting occurs as a natural process of economics when there's a huge excess of supply over demand. It seems like you're conflating dishonest practice with a viable economic strategy that occurs everywhere, real world included.

2 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

So those kind gentlemen help me to buy items for lower prices instead of being ripped off by plat mongers? Good.

Conversely, they're also tricking a sizable amount of people who could actually use the plat into making less than they could from their items. It cuts both ways.

57 minutes ago, Minak said:

Thanks for the headsup, I'll be using one of those mediums to notify the site managers directly.

Edited by InsomnIaC.

1 hour ago, JalakBali said:

And somehow people here expected DE to create an automated market system that won't get manipulated.

1 hour ago, SeaUrchins said:

It would be flooded by AH bots the next day.

A DE-run market place could be gated until players reach MR5 to make fake accounts hard work. 

Then limit the number of sell and buy orders in the marketplace to 10 per week. 5 more trades can be bought with 30p. 

And to keep control of the prices allow only increments of 10. So no more prime junk sellers.

If someone misbehaves ban the account. 

I honestly think this could work.

2 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

P.S. Out of principle, don't buy from people who cut the prices by 1-2% of the price, they're undercutting just to make a sale, cheap tactics. Don't encourage them.

And why exactly should all adhere to a set price? Why a buyer should care if the lowest price is just below the next one in line? People want to sell, people want to buy cheap, there's no such thing as "cheap tactics" in a free market. 

6 minutes ago, k05h said:

A DE-run market place could be gated until players reach MR5 to make fake accounts hard work. 

Then limit the number of sell and buy orders in the marketplace to 10 per week. 5 more trades can be bought with 30p. 

And to keep control of the prices allow only increments of 10. So no more prime junk sellers.

If someone misbehaves ban the account. 

I honestly think this could work.

I don't. MR 5 can be farmed in a week and only limited by the daily ranking test. They have been banning accounts that misbehave, doesn't stop spammers or market manipulators. You're ignoring the fact that this is a F2P game, meaning accounts are free. Thinking that simple gating would've solved the problem is ignoring all the markets in other games that failed to curb market manipulations. Even something like World of Warcraft is struggling with this and they have actual economists working on their economy. If you think you have found the solution to stop online market manipulation, you should really try to sell that since there will be companies willing to pay you  a lot of money for it.

33 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Then why don't you call scum those who put high prices, you could also ask for their ban?

Your hypocrisy is amazing.

45069827.jpg

I would very much LOVE to have a genuine, mature discussion with you about how your reasoning works out, but you don't seem to be the kind of guy who negotiates very well. I'm just going to leave this as my last response to you.

Hypocrisy? The bunch of people who are deliberately setting high prices on the market aren't setting Ammo Drum at 10p when they don't have the mod. They aren't being dishonest about their pricing; if a buyer really really wishes to buy at 10p he's free to do it, and he'll bear the consequences if he realizes too late that he overpaid for a mod that's high in supply. It's not the seller's fault for overpricing, it's the buyer's fault for overpaying if he didn't do his research beforehand.

THE PROBLEM is that the unknown individual(s) I'm singling out in the original post are creating a fake supply of goods when they don't actually have it to drive prices down. Granted, I might be going out on a limb to make such conjecture as kindly pointed out by some other dude earlier in this thread, but so far no one has produced any concrete evidence to the contrary either. Rather, people have stated how OBVIOUS it is, or implied that it's common sense, that such profiles are fake

29 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

So overpriced goods are fine and underpriced lead to the PLZ BAN? That's a marvel indeed.

If you think I'm complaining about people underpricing, please read the whole thread all over again. I'm pretty sure other forum members'd like to make opinions about your comprehension ability.

Also, I found something particularly interesting:

https://warframe.market/person/SeaUrchins

You're asking 800 plat for a Loki Prime set, 30 plat for Armored Agility, and here you are complaining to me that I'm not singling players out who overprice their goods. You make it really hard not to do an ad hominem here.

Edited by InsomnIaC.

33 minutes ago, InsomnIaC. said:

Dishonesty in trades is one thing, but avoiding all traders who are willing to let their buyers haggle (assuming no malicious intent)? That sounds rather extreme.

As a long-time veteran to the game who's been playing almost since the start of open beta I sometimes have a truckload of inventory to clear (e.g. archwing parts, landing craft parts from raids, rare mods), and I would rather increase my potential buyers to a larger pool of people who're looking for just slightly cheaper prices (for the small goods, 1 to 2 plat, or 10-20% off) than sit around trade chat repeating the same message every 3 minutes while everyone ignores me because it's too expensive for them.

Undercutting occurs as a natural process of economics when there's a huge excess of supply over demand. It seems like you're conflating dishonest practice with a viable economic strategy that occurs everywhere, real world included.

Conversely, they're also tricking a sizable amount of people who could actually use the plat into making less than they could from their items. It cuts both ways.

Thanks for the headsup, I'll be using one of those mediums to notify the site managers directly.

Oh no, I'm not against haggling. But haggle comes from a set price and is then negotiated. I do it all the time and often encourage my buyers to do so when I'm selling more expensive items like primed mods. I'm all for haggling. It's friendly and fair.

I'm talking about undercutting. "Oh, that Overextended is 40p globaly? Let's cut that down to.... 39! Sounds great!" Things like that are not competition or healthy market, that's filth, that's scumbaggery. That's the kind of people I don't buy from. The kind I avoid to purchase from on principle. I'll rather go to someone with a normal price than someone who is stealing sales by cutting for inconcequntial margins.

Edited by Acersecomic

Just now, SeaUrchins said:

Do you have solid evidence for those claims? Besides the tinfoil hat fiction?

The price is enough evidence. All "sellers" who post such low prices either don't respond or are offline when listed online. It's what they do. Same goes for people who "buy" for high prices.

6 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:
8 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Do you have solid evidence for those claims? Besides the tinfoil hat fiction?

The price is enough evidence. All "sellers" who post such low prices either don't respond or are offline when listed online. It's what they do. Same goes for people who "buy" for high prices.

SeaUrchin is mad about something I have no clue about. I'm linking this to all my friends on discord for a good laugh as we speak.

Edited by InsomnIaC.
edited for clarity

12 minutes ago, InsomnIaC. said:

Also, I found something particularly interesting:

https://warframe.market/person/SeaUrchins

800 plat for a Loki Prime set, 30 plat for Armored Agility, and here you are complaining to me that I'm not singling players out who overprice their goods. You make it really hard not to do an ad hominem here.

I can put any price I want on anything I sell or buy, you have no authority over me to tell me what prices to choose. That's pretty obvious.

2 minutes ago, InsomnIaC. said:

He's mad about something I have no clue about. I'm linking this to all my friends on discord for a good laugh as we speak.

I'm not sure if I'm not getting what you're at, if you're stupid or an @$$hole.

2 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

I can put any price I want on anything I sell or buy, you have no authority over me to tell me what prices to choose. That's pretty obvious.

So... you don't want to make any trades? You're there to just look like a bankar or some... brand of clothing? Expensive but no good.

Edited by Acersecomic

- Free Market

- Suspicion of others deliberately spreading misinformation about prices in a free market

- Irrational rage ensues

- What is this nonsense? What is basic economics?

Forced moral ideologies In my free market? Its more likely then you think!!

Edited by StinkyPygmy
Added more sass.

6 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

I'm not sure if I'm not getting what you're at, if you're stupid or an @$$hole.

Sorry that was pretty misleading, I quoted the wrong person in my haste to post. I was referring to @SeaUrchins, not you. SeaUrchins has been accusing me of being a hypocrite and a conspiracy theorist in this thread thus far. He's gone so far as to make the accusation that I'm targeting players who underprice their goods while ignoring all others who overprice theirs, when he's one of the players on market that are placing their goods at more than 2x the average buy/sale price, and insisting that I'm not being cogent in my argument.

Edited by InsomnIaC.