The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Complete System Degradation

JCVanDamage

Running Warframe in Windowed mode.

Since Friday evening, 2/24, whenever I launch Warframe and attempt to begin a mission or go to a relay, my system grinds to a complete halt.  The game will become a series of freezes that intermittently unlock and lock again.  This extends to my computer as a whole and continues after I alt-f4 to close the game and until I reboot my system.  I have no problem with the computer until I launch Warframe.   

Any suggestions?  I know my hardware is not the newest, but I have had no problems to date on anything, including WF.

Running Windows 10-64 bit on an Alienware Andromeda R5

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz

Ram: 16gB

GPU: nVidia GTX 660 January 2017 Driver set 378.49

DirectX v 12

Some experience that kind of slow lock-up when they have less than 2 GB of VRAM but the GTX 660 usually has 2GB, I have seen other users with a similar issue on the forum though that have been having at least something similar when using the most current update on Win 10. Perhaps the DE responses on the issue might help here. If nothing else, I would try rolling back to an older driver and trying to see if it gives better stability. For some players on Win 10, it required a complete clean reinstall of the driver to get the system working stable if nothing else helps, it might be worth trying that. If you are using cards with less than 2 GB of VRAM though, it will often do the lockups or visual slow-downs right before crashing out of the game as it causes a memory overflow.

geforce experience has likely been installed 'automatically' when windows did the geforce update.  Take that off, then make sure xbox and steam have all the screen capture stuff disabled too. 

Other than that it could be drivers, faulty hard drive, network card, ram or temps, have you checked the gpu temps as that would be my first check, followed by hard drive.