Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Joining late into Fissure Exterminate missions is annoying

Tyrian3k

It's really annoying when you join an exterminate and end up not being able to get your reactants. This is of course mostly an issue with Lith fissures, but an issue nontheless.

As a solution, the last enemy could drop as much reactant as the player with the least amount of reactant still needs.

If you have a more elegant solution, do tell, but it can't stay as it is.

I believe all the reactant drops are still there, but as you've spawned into the mission part way through you'll need to run back towards the start to find the ones that dropped before you joined.

What I find more annoying is when the mission type changes mid-mission into an exterminate and the remaining enemies don't drop enough reactant for anyone to get 10/10.

Agree. Seen it plenty of times. I try my best to usually wait til squad is full before getting started, but not everyone does and matchmaking still throws you in on a 66/76 killed enemies and you only get 3 reactants.

And sure, you might not waste much time at that point, but would be nice if last few enemies dropped remaining needed.

2 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I believe all the reactant drops are still there, but as you've spawned into the mission part way through you'll need to run back towards the start to find the ones that dropped before you joined.

Tried that with multiple other players, and myself as well, nope, doesn't work that way. Unless bugged af.

Edited by Souldend78

Just now, Souldend78 said:

Agree. Seen it plenty of times. I try my best to usually wait til squad is full before getting started, but not everyone does and matchmaking still throws you in on a 66/76 killed enemies and you only get 3 reactants.

Matchmaking shouldn't allow new players to join an exterminate after 50% of the enemies have been killed, if that happens I'd report it as a bug.

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

Matchmaking shouldn't allow new players to join an exterminate after 50% of the enemies have been killed, if that happens I'd report it as a bug.

Shouldnt but it does, i think the only times it works as ive seen it work as you stated is for anything with multiple waves.

Lith exterminate fissures is always the biggest culprits. Honestly I do them solo but sometimes co-op. I also try to wait a bit if it's not a full squad just to make sure. Though sometimes Frames-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named start rushing so not much of a choice. 

If it happens again I'll be sure to report as a bug.

14 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

It checks that at the moment you are assigned to the group. On a mission with only ~50 enemies to kill that can mean you end up starting to play with just a handful of enemies left.

But even if you join with 50% enemies left you are unlikely to get all 10 reactants. On lith fissures you sometimes need just about all of the enemies to get enough reactant if you're unlucky.

I personally haven't encountered this issue. Sure i have joined into exterminate after people have gotten like 5 reactants, but there are also some reactants scattered around so in the end i still get them all. I could speculate that loading times could be an issue - you could find a team that has progressed only by a little bit, but after 20 + seconds of loading screen that same team has probably killed half of the map already especially if it's lith exterminate. So the question is : Are you running on a SSD and are your loading times particularly long? 

46 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I am 90% sure that it doesn't allow players to join above 50% of mission progress. But ask yourself this - When does the condition check happen? After you click "Find a squad" button or while you are inside loading screen". It's obvious which one it is so basically the team is progressing while you sit on your arse in loading screen. 

2 minutes ago, WingsOfGryphin said:

I personally haven't encountered this issue. Sure i have joined into exterminate after people have gotten like 5 reactants, but there are also some reactants scattered around so in the end i still get them all. I could speculate that loading times could be an issue - you could find a team that has progressed only by a little bit, but after 20 + seconds of loading screen that same team has probably killed half of the map already especially if it's lith exterminate. So the question is : Are you running on a SSD and are your loading times particularly long? 

This could be a big part of it.

I've never had a problem with matchmaking in this way, at worst dropping into the mission with maybe 5-6 enemies killed, but then I do run Warframe from my SSD.

18 minutes ago, WingsOfGryphin said:

So the question is : Are you running on a SSD and are your loading times particularly long? 

14 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I've never had a problem with matchmaking in this way, at worst dropping into the mission with maybe 5-6 enemies killed, but then I do run Warframe from my SSD.

2 extraordinary examples, just as op's and mine, and a small portion of the people that join in squads i have taken part on. Not a rule. Thats why op and me are giving feedback, if it was entirely a hardware issue this post might no even be on, I would had just skipped or acknowledged is as such.

Surprises me that for people who know about hardware, miss the point that it can still happen if 10 seconds is all it takes to miss on 30+ enemies if quad is composed of mirage+ember for example.

Edited by Souldend78

10 minutes ago, WingsOfGryphin said:

From my experience, loading times greatly vary depending on the connection to the host and varies from ~10 seconds to about half a minute. I do play on an SSD.

Here's a screenshot right after I got into the mission as evidenced by me still being invulnerable:

Spoiler

103799,warframe0131AG9N8.jpg

Getting all the required reactant was entirely impossible at that point.

Exterminate missions are considered complete at a certain percentage of enemies killed when it comes to letting more players join. I think it's 30-40%, so about 15-20 enemies dead is still perfectly fine to join. Add to that the time on the loading screen and a decently fast group can pretty much double that number without any issues.

7 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

Exterminate missions are considered complete at a certain percentage of enemies killed when it comes to letting more players join. I think it's 30-40%, so about 15-20 enemies dead is still perfectly fine to join. Add to that the time on the loading screen and a decently fast group can pretty much double that number without any issues.

Maybe it's a region/TZ thing then?

My experience of matchmaking on fissure missions is that even if I start the countdown with only myself queued up, the squad is full before the mission begins in the vast majority of cases, and usually before the loading screen even appears.

3 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Maybe it's a region/TZ thing then?

My experience of matchmaking on fissure missions is that even if I start the countdown with only myself queued up, the squad is full before the mission begins in the vast majority of cases, and usually before the loading screen even appears.

I doubt that it is a region thing. Likely more of a bad luck thing.

Really only want to avoid joining missions that don't give any reward because you're late. Similar thing happens with Kuva Siphons. You may end up joining one that doesn't have the objective completed, but does have the Siphon completed, but in those you can't even see that.

19 hours ago, WingsOfGryphin said:

I am 90% sure that it doesn't allow players to join above 50% of mission progress. But ask yourself this - When does the condition check happen? After you click "Find a squad" button or while you are inside loading screen". It's obvious which one it is so basically the team is progressing while you sit on your arse in loading screen. 

It may try to keep you from joining with fewer than 50%, but I recall joining a Fissure Exterminates a couple days ago well past that: when I arrived, there were 8 enemies left; that's a guaranteed no-win obviously. I ended up not getting the relic cracked (naturally; there weren't enough enemies even if every one dropped reactant, and getting no void traces either). 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack