Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High Armored Atlas and Rage

HighTaxRates

Question

Since Rage gives you the amount of energy based on the amount of damage you receive, it would mean that high armored warframes get a reduced amount of energy from Rage in comparison to lower armored warframes. Now provided, with warframes like Inaros and Nidus, rage is mandatory despite their high armor because of they have no shields and massive health values, but when it comes to a warframe like Atlas who I can get to around 1k armor easily but only has 740 HP is Rage still worth it to put on him? Right now I feel like the high armor combined with the average HP value of Atlas makes it feel like that I am not getting a good return on energy based on the damage I am receiving and I am better off in replacing Rage with another mod and using the Zenurik passive for energy. I don't know, but what do you guys think?  

6 answers to this question

Of course it can be usefull, but since Atlas don't have any healing ability you would have to use you melee or a Syndicate weapon to get your health back, but it's not that much if you're under heavy fire. 

What I would suggest is that you use mostly your melee, with Life Strike (and/or the other one that  heal you when you hit a procced enemy, but I forgot the name). This way you would get constantly shot, wich means more energy regen, and you would be healing yourslef just as fast by using your melee. Atlas' abilities doesn't look very useful against HL enemies and this would make you use your melee a lot and your abilities less often if not to a minimum. It's something that can be used with any tanky frames, so it should work for him. Not original, I know, but it's all I have suggest. At least it's not some no-brain 1-spamming-to-be-invincible s**t.

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

In my opinion, atlas is already fairly energy-efficient (his 4th ability can last up to a minute, and his 1st gets added power efficiency if used multiple times consecutively), so rage is not particularly necessary on him. Could it be useful? definitely. Could a build that swaps out rage for a different mod be just as useful? Also definitely. My best advice here is to experiment and see what seems to work best for you.

As blade-wolf said, atlas lacks healing from his powers, but healing with melees is pretty cheap, in the form of life-strike, and more recently, hirudo, so if you did use a rage build, you'd likely find yourself drawn into the melee a lot. But again, this isn't much of a problem for atlas, whose abilities work very well at close range.

Yeah, I guess that's what I seem to be what I am struggling with, that Atlas is fairly energy efficient but does not have any inherent healing abilities to mitigate the health losses. I usually play tank frames like Wukong, Inaros and more recently Nidus who all have inherent healing or health restore abilities and are usually the frames that tank the most hits during missions. Alright, thanks for the responses, I'll definitely be experimenting a little more with Atlas. 

Edited by HighTaxRates

I can assure you that Rage is not mandatory for either Nidus or Inaros.

I've done lvl 300+ content with both and I don't use Rage on any frame. It's really not very useful these days.

One of the bigger sources of energy drain in late game (Ancient Disruptors) will drain you for x100 the amount Rage gives you back.

Because atlas is not as useful as other warframe for high level missions, rage is not all that useful.  However, because of his passive he is probably the best all melee - no ability warframe available.  If you go this route, rage can be very useful, and if you use a decaying dragon key, you can get energy faster, because the damage will not have to go through shields first.  

here's the fun part with atlas and rage..

when using landslide, his health doesnt take any damage so he is invincible during landslide. but he still gains energy from being shot at if he has rage. this enables him to be even more efficient and continue his assault. :)