Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Survival Rework Idea

-WF-Monarch

I want to start this off by saying I LOVE Survivals. I like seeing how long I can go, the continuous mobs, the challenge of it as you go on and on. But there's an issue. The solo spawn rate of mobs. I feel there should be an option function added to Solo Survivals to pick the quantity of mobs. I'd join pub match Survivals if it wasn't for one thing: Their pubs. People in public survivals for the most part ruin the mission by running everywhere, going their separate ways and spreading loot everywhere as well as messing with the Life Support drop rates. Unfortnately, pub matches are the only way to get a decent amount of mobs to spawn. In Solo Survivals the mob rate is, well, a joke. I believe it's like 6-8 enemies at a time. Solo Mode should have a difficulty type function so that solo players can pick the amount of enemies they'll face at one time. Like a setting for 1, 2, 3 or 4 people.

However, the LS capsule drops from enemies are balanced accordingly. I was having more trouble with the LS in pubs than solo.

This little stunt they pull with increasing the number of spawns the more players there are it's not something only survivals have, it's common to all the endless missions. It dubs as both a way to balance for weaker players and incentive to play in a squad for stronger players.

So, this is basically a global request, to keep the spawns the same, no matter how many players (but would be hell in defense or interception solo).

on top of this, survivals need more variation happening in them to keep things fresh 60 minutes in.  mini-bosses with strike teams every five minutes (like those juggernauts from the CoD:MW3 survivals scaring me shizless?) with their own strike teams?  random EMP on corpus tilesets affecting our frames to where we need to use our operators?  side missions like the operative finding a hostage that needs to be rescued?  there's so much potential that could keep us on our toes and up the difficulty a bit more with a bit more strategy, but I often find myself bored out of my mind at 60+ min, because I'm just shooting at bullet sponges.

realistically, with how much exponential Powercreep Warframe has, there needs to be a doubling of Enemy Spawn Rates like every 6 months so that there's something to actually DO in the game.

but no Consumer Computer can actually handle that, so obviously that's not a tennable solution. maybe we shouldn't be exponentially increasing stats constantly...