Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

some questions on mechanics

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

Question

so I did another simulacron lock-in for experiments and testing

this involved testing weapons synergy to warframe powers and basic retesting damage types 

so first up i was messing with mirage , i was trying to find a better method then simulor build, some got close but no were near as effective sadly ... 

melees was another good factor as all clones use melee , unlike 1&2 weapons , testing gas with her yielded  stealth procs oddly 

using orthos P on loki invisible gas  tor enemies apart, using same weapon with mirage with just clones yielded same result 

Q1: are mirages clones counted as stealth hits then ?

next i had a dreadful roll spree on my boltor riven , using telos boltor [because i like it]  and i was trying to make a build to work with my nidus 

with a corrosive setup  on enemies of 125+ heavy gunner types it seemed ..well lack luster at least three magazines to tear down

now when i applied punchthrough mod  ..took less then half of 1 magazine to tear them to shreds ? punchthrough only allows weapons to go through objects ? 

Q2: does that mean punchthrough + puncture has synergy in damage ? 

well i think i know the answer to this one, it revolves around warframes that pull from weapon mods

Q3: are all rivens ignored on these weapons and are special mods for specific weapons also ignored?  

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

13 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

well i think i know the answer to this one, it revolves around warframes that pull form weapon mods

Q3: are all rivens ignored on these weapons and are special mods for specific weapons also ignored? 

Generally yes, but I think it's also done on a case-by-case basis. I know Bright Purity is ignored on Exalted Blade and Hysteria, but I don't think all of them are ignored for Peacemaker

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

Generally yes, but I think it's also done on a case-by-case basis. I know Bright Purity is ignored on Exalted Blade and Hysteria, but I don't think all of them are ignored for Peacemaker

would you happen to know which ones off hand ? 

i know the melee mod driting contact working is a bug for those frames 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

punchthrough only allows weapons to go through objects ? 

Q2: does that mean punchthrough + puncture has synergy in damage ?

Punchthrough also allows to penetrate multiple enemies. You need a lot of punchthrough, because each enemies takes off about half a metre, but with 2m and more you get a nice Grineer shashlik.

Edited by Bibliothekar

11 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Punchthrough also allows to penetrate multiple enemies. You need a lot of punchthrough, because each enemies takes off about half a metre, but with 2m and more you get a nice Grineer shashlik.

but in this case it was a single target 

shooting 1 target without =3 full magazine

rough distance was 5 feet away 

with punchthrough its less then half a mag on 1 target ? 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

I'm wary of any weird result from the Simulacrum, since it's known to be buggy and not represent what happens in actual missions.

For instance, punch through is not supposed to increase damage by punching through armor.  If you see similar results against enemies in missions, then it sounds like a bug in the code.  Otherwise, it's another bug in the code for the Simulacrum.

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

Not sure about Mirage and clone interactions, but punch through does sound buggy if it's working that way in mission.

the clones seem to cause the stealth procs not mirage oddly think theya re not treated as detected by system maybe , the punchthrough may be making it ignore armor is my only thought ? 

21 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

the clones seem to cause the stealth procs not mirage oddly think theya re not treated as detected by system maybe , the punchthrough may be making it ignore armor is my only thought ? 

The clone behavior seems really weird, especially since their purpose, defensively, is to draw fire away from you.  They are the opposite of stealth.

As for punch through, maybe the game is treating armor as an external object, allowing punch through to hit the enemy behind instead of treating it all as an enemy.  Again, I think that would be a bug.  Unfortunately, I can't test it ATM.

Just now, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

The clone behavior seems really weird, especially since their purpose, defensively, is to draw fire away from you.  They are the opposite of stealth.

As for punch through, maybe the game is treating armor as an external object, allowing punch through to hit the enemy behind instead of treating it all as an enemy.  Again, I think that would be a bug.  Unfortunately, I can't test it ATM.

well my mirage has been acting in that regard.. funny, enemies seem to ignore them entirely and attack main mirage body D: , its very annoying at downing me now -. - when before id have least taken damage with her

and possible , ive had some on discord check with mixed result , about 40-60 varying on this 

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

well my mirage has been acting in that regard.. funny, enemies seem to ignore them entirely and attack main mirage body D: , its very annoying at downing me now -. - when before id have least taken damage with her

and possible , ive had some on discord check with mixed result , about 40-60 varying on this 

If this punch through thing is true, then punch through mods just became mandatory against armored enemies.