The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Framerate Drops (PS4)

(PSN)EpicediumUK

4 hours ago, (PS4)EpicediumUK said:

@[DE]Dmitri

Sincere thanks to everyone involved in optimising the standard PS4 console build, it's much improved.

Tested with Auto or ~85% under Options > Display > Dynamic Resolution 

Great to hear! Our team has been hard at work on improving performance on consoles and I can assure you that we aren't done yet. More improvements to come.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 8:52 AM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Great to hear! Our team has been hard at work on improving performance on consoles and I can assure you that we aren't done yet. More improvements to come.

I really hope so, as playing multi player is unplayable for me (and has be for a few years) and with this new update it just highlights the issue.

• 1 month later...

They need to add the fundamental basics like Anti-aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering, Partical Effects Density, etc. Just turning off AA alone can gain you quite a lot of FPS gain on a slow GPU depending on the level and application style that's being implemented. Heck even Minecraft now allows you to turn off AA, and even lower the effect draw distance for back ground items. I realize that the console versions are already OPTIMIZED for hardware unlike the PC (which really is only supported or not supported, aka runs nvidias version or ATi version of the same thing) but many of us who aren't "graphics" @#&*(s would rather have the option to play a smoother running game than a better looking one.

Edited by (XB1)scrylite

Am 1/10/2018 um 21:57 schrieb (Xbox One)scrylite:

They need to add the fundamental basics like Anti-aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering, Partical Effects Density, etc. Just turning off AA alone can gain you quite a lot of FPS gain on a slow GPU depending on the level and application style that's being implemented. Heck even Minecraft now allows you to turn off AA, and even lower the effect draw distance for back ground items. I realize that the console versions are already OPTIMIZED for hardware unlike the PC (which really is only supported or not supported, aka runs nvidias version or ATi version of the same thing) but many of us who aren't "graphics" @#&*(s would rather have the option to play a smoother running game than a better looking one.

Totally agree!