Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove all arcwing missions from the game

Phyroks

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)INZZANE 79 said:

lol, I hate spy missions, truly hate them! Should they put Ivara somewhere else to be acquired just because I don´t like spy missions and because of that probably will never get her?

Screw that!

If you want something you work for it. Even if you don´t like the work. Atlas and Limbo are not Archwing only missions. Especially Limbo, the Archwing part for Limbo is a joke and really easy even with a low level archwing and it´s short.

Spy missions are actually very well made.

Archwings aren't. You can't really compare the two.

Just because spy missions are very well made in your opinion doesn´t make my comparison invalid ;)

Besides the fact that I don´t even compare them to each other in regards to what they are. I´m comparing that you don´t like Archwing and therefore you want stuff like Limbo and Atlas getting reworked so you don´t have to do Archwing missions to get their parts to my dislike for spy missions and therefore Ivara could be reworked so I don´t have to do spy missions to get her parts.

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)INZZANE 79 said:

Just because spy missions are very well made in your opinion doesn´t make my comparison invalid ;)

Besides the fact that I don´t even compare them to each other in regards to what they are. I´m comparing that you don´t like Archwing and therefore you want stuff like Limbo and Atlas getting reworked so you don´t have to do Archwing missions to get their parts to my dislike for spy missions and therefore Ivara could be reworked so I don´t have to do spy missions to get her parts.

"Dislike" "Opinions"...what strange words.

heres-the-thing-about-facts-theyre-not-s

Sorry English is not my first language....... if I use strange words it´s not because I like strange words, I just don´t know any better words for what I´m trying to say.

And Spy missions are well made is your opinion and not a fact, don´t know what you are trying to tell me with that pic.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)INZZANE 79 said:

Spy missions are well made is your opinion and not a fact, don´t know what you are trying to tell me with that pic.

It's neither opinion nor a matter of like or dislike. That was the message.

Archwing is in such dire need of a major overhaul that nobody should be required to play it until it's fixed.

That wasn´t the question. I never said that Archwing does not need an overhaul. I just said that taking out parts like Limbo or Atlas just because some players don´t like Archwing missions is not fair.

And sorry but Archwing is not unplayable! Yes, it needs a rework but it is not unplayable.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)INZZANE 79 said:

lol, I hate spy missions, truly hate them! Should they put Ivara somewhere else to be acquired just because I don´t like spy missions and because of that probably will never get her?

Screw that!

If you want something you work for it. Even if you don´t like the work. Atlas and Limbo are not Archwing only missions. Especially Limbo, the Archwing part for Limbo is a joke and really easy even with a low level archwing and it´s short.

See theres much more of a difference there than i feel youre acknowledging. Spy missions at least are built from the core mechanics of the game. Youre doing the same thing that you in the rest of the game with the same tools that you use in the rest of the game. 

For a parallel, who here remembers Sonic Adventure 1? Remember Knuckle's missions and how annoying they were? You had to hunt down these little items with nothing but a "hot/cold" system  and it kinda killed the pace of the game more than the other characters. Thats spy missions. The gameplay was a bit different and with slightly different abilities but it was largely the same platforming.

Then there was Big the Cat. Every other character felt different but used more or less the same platforming mechanics  at their core. Big the cat threw all of that out of the window and added a set of fishing missions. This of course was a completsly different game. None of what you learn from the other campaigns carries over. Mechanics are alien and janky. Yet big's missions are required to get the overall ending of the game.

Big the Cat is arcwing.

Edited by melonlord

1 hour ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

Archwing is in such dire need of a major overhaul that nobody should be required to play it until it's fixed.

That's just an opinion, others (myself included) would definitely disagree.

I get that not everyone has developed the skills to control space flight in 6DoF, and that for some the unfamiliar type of motion may cause nausea, I'm not against adding back the old flight model as an additional option for those who can't handle full 6DoF.

But it absolutely shouldn't be removed, there are plenty of people who do enjoy and prefer the improved controls.

Personally I would love it if DE added full HOTAS controller support for archwing.

47 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

That's just an opinion, others (myself included) would definitely disagree.

I get that not everyone has developed the skills to control space flight in 6DoF, and that for some the unfamiliar type of motion may cause nausea, I'm not against adding back the old flight model as an additional option for those who can't handle full 6DoF.

But it absolutely shouldn't be removed, there are plenty of people who do enjoy and prefer the improved controls.

Personally I would love it if DE added full HOTAS controller support for archwing.

I didn't say I agree with it being removed. Just made non-mandatory.

And no. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Nobody should be required to play Archwing for any of the main missions until it's fixed.

Especially when you yourself admitted it can induce nausea. Any game mode that can actually make people feel ill really shouldn't be a requirement.

Don't get me wrong, I don't actually expect them to do anything. I'm just saying it's inarguably messed up.

1 hour ago, melonlord said:

See theres much more of a difference there than i feel youre acknowledging. Spy missions at least are built from the core mechanics of the game. Youre doing the same thing that you in the rest of the game with the same tools that you use in the rest of the game. 

For a parallel, who here remembers Sonic Adventure 1? Remember Knuckle's missions and how annoying they were? You had to hunt down these little items with nothing but a "hot/cold" nd it kinda killed the pace of the game more than the other characters. Thats spy missions. The gameplay was a bit different and with slightly different abilities but it was largely the same platforming.

Then there was Big the Cat. Every other character felt different but used more or less the same platforming mechanics  at their core. Big the cat threw all of that out of the window and added a set of fishing missions. This of course was a completsly different game. None of what you learn from the other campaigns carries over. Mechanics are alien and janky. Yet big's missions are required to get the overall ending of the game.

Big the Cat is arcwing.

It deviates way too much, yup.

Plus the movement is broken, the way the enemies spawn is messed, trying to resurrect allies is funky with the angles, Amesha's drones are op, and don't even get me started on "Rush" missions.

I remember trying to shoot my gun underwater on Uranus to bust open some crates, and it would shoot behind me instead of infront of me while I was moving. Like, the gun would be at my side, firing behind me. It gets that glitchy.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

I didn't say I agree with it being removed. Just made non-mandatory.

And no. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Nobody should be required to play Archwing for any of the main missions until it's fixed.

A lot has changed since I first completed most of the starchart, I would be interested to see exactly how much non-archwing content is gated behind archwing missions.