Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Warframe Abilities Scaling With Warframe Rank

DSMK2

Should Warframe abilities scale with the Warframe's rank and possibly amount of times Forma'd? It might alleviate problems when the player faces high level mobs and wants to use an non-ultimate ability on them.

The pseudo equation that comes to mind is this (probably really bad):

Ability + (Ability * (1 + Rank / Max_rank) * Rank_mod)

• Ability: Warframe ability property: can be damage, range, duration, etc.
  • Max_rank: Max Warframe rank.
  • Rank_mod: Modifier for rank scaling, not all abilities should scale the same way. I'm imagining a map sized Bastille; that shouldn't happen.

The main problem I'm seeing with my thought is that it might make low level content extremely trivial, especially if amount of times a Warframe is forma'd is taken into account. As well, it might make otherwise 'balanced' abilities seem extremely overpowered.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts:

I'm not even going to bother trying to work out that equation, but something like this has to be done. Its only logical that as a frame becomes more experienced it should become more adapt with its powers. It can be argued that the current mod system addresses this through mod leveling and mods like focus, continuity, etc. but it clearly does not keep up as one progresses through the game. Even just a small increase per level could keep frames 1 and 2 abilities viable options later in the game. To avoid breaking low level content, the increase could be exponential (starting very low at first) instead of lineal. I'd also advise against forma being taken into account since that is really only an extension of the current mod system which allows for frame augmentation, not indicative of a frame actually gaining any skill.