Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

9 hours ago, MaaYuu said:

I think it's a shame that the hybrid weapon idea was underused, so I made a weapon that's compatible with both the greatsword and dual sword stances. The design was originally supposed to be just a greatsword, a zanbato-style greatsword in the style of the nikana. But I saw a bit of potential in making it a hybrid weapon. Looks like someone else had the same idea as me and spent a lot more time on it, but here's mine anyway lol:

ZANKANA

Faction: Tenno

Grip Type: Greatsword/Dual Weapon

A versatile weapon designed to cleave through a wave of enemies in a single sweep.

This could be an entry level greatsword that prioritizes speed over power and a dual sword that prioritizes power over speed. The gimmick is that the charge attack is a forward dash that slashes through enemies that you pass through.

hmJkI3T.jpg

Great design and idea, would love to see this in the game. The gunblade would be a bit of a stretch tho. 

45 minutes ago, OmarJoseSanchez said:

Faction: Corpus

Brief Description: Reticor is a circular(hexagonal) throwing net with small chops distributed around its edge. This melee weapon is designed to strike enemy by swinging it like a whip (would use the whip animation grip). Of course it can be used as a throwing weapon to neutralize the enemy. Even if an enemy caught in the net, it is still able to shoot. To get back this weapon Tenno got to drag it from the target or pick it up from the ground if missed.

Never seen something that Original. Good job!

I'm currently helping out another warframe forum user on their weapon concept but unfortunately I don't know if this breaks the "one submission per player" rule. I'm helping out but it isn't my idea and that it is collaborative. Am I breaking the rule by making my own and then collaborating with another?

3 minutes ago, RestlessDraugr said:

I'm currently helping out another warframe forum user on their weapon concept but unfortunately I don't know if this breaks the "one submission per player" rule. I'm helping out but it isn't my idea and that it is collaborative. Am I breaking the rule by making my own and then collaborating with another?

Your fine as long as you dont post one as well. Thats my guess.

FACTION: Infested

GRIP TYPE: Claws

DESCRIPTION: The name 'Telson' comes from a scorpion's stinger.  An alternate name could be 'Aculeus', which is the pointed tip of the telson on a scorpion.

This claw weapon would completely cover the forearm, you slide your arm into it like a sheath.  I imagine being hit with the outer sides would cause slash damage, while the front main spikes would do more in the way of puncture damage.  I'd like it if it did toxin damage to keep with the stinger theme.  I like to imagine the five oblong "lights" would have a "running" light up pattern like some Christmas lights or plane runway lights.  Of course that isn't necessary.

Telson Art on DA

the above link to another source incase something goes wrong with the embedded image.

Edited by SpydrXIII

Brief Description: A "split-sword" type melee weapon that consists of a hand axe and a sword.  It works similarly to the Dark Split-Sword in the case that it can either be wielded as a single heavy blade when using any heavy blade stance or two weapons when using any dual sword stance.  The edges of the blades are cast in a cyan-blue glow much like the Onorix or Plasma Sword.  The edge glow color can be recolored through customization.  The hilt of the axe portion is fitted to be ergonomic for the hand while the sword portion is not, like the Skana.

zHMZfVC.jpg

oHBuSz1.jpg

Bit late to the party but here I am.

Appykl & Uttoy

Faction: Corpus (old tech)

Brief Description:

Now discontinued, this rudimentary Corpus sword & shield type weapon was a breakthrough in portable shielding technology, opening way to tech such as seen nowadays in the hands of some Comba units.

Appykl resembles a scythe with an array of laser rays and is capable of dealing slash, heat, and minor puncture damage. When sheathed, the metal frame supporting the lasers retracts. Uttoy turns off when sheathed to save power. Its instability causes magnetic anomalies, having a chance to affect enemies in a radius when blocking.

appykl_and_uttoy_by_temary44-db2sdxx.png

(Time for me to see what the other contest entrants were up to).

•Klytrum

•Tonfas (ex. Kronen, Boltace)

•Tenno faction

The Klytrum are a pair of sharp rock and crystal based Tonfas with a cloth grip.  Each crystal flows with pulsing energy and, once unsheathed, possesses the power to float-even amidst battle.  It is believed that this weapon was crafted in the premature stages of the Tenno, before the modern style that was adopted.  While unsheathed, the Klytrum have a cloud particle energy flowing between each bright, powerful crystal.

I am terribly sorry if this is a duplicate, I couldn't seem to find my first post and I wanted to be sure that I'm still submitting my idea. I apologize greatly for this inconvenience. 

If someone could get rid of this copy, I would appreciate it greatly. 

warframe_melee_creation_contest_2017_pt_warframe_melee_creation_contest_2017_pt_

Edited by (PS4)kliptomatic

Weapon Name: Freyarc (Norse mythology tells of the sword of Frey, that could fight on it's own.)

Grip Type: Two-Handed Sword/ Claymore

Description: A large two-handed sword, with a heavy tech-aeshetic. When the player uses a full charge attack, which is significantly longer than most melee weapons, the blade splits into many A.I.-controlled shards, leaving a thin, blue blade. When in normal form, the claymore acts as a normal claymore would, but when transformed, the blade gains attack speed and status chance, but loses damage. When swung in transformed mode, the shards fly around the player in wide, long-range arcs.

w8WlTvA.jpg

8 hours ago, Stella.Ferox said:

Name: spoliari carne (latin for strip the flesh)

Faction: Orokin

Grip Type: Whip or Dagger

Description: a weapon meant to be used as a Whip or a Dagger. It would have additional puncture, and a chance to pull an enemy to the person (acting like a rip line on Val). The weapon has 4 prongs in its default stage, and one arrow in the center, when used like a dagger the bottom energy turns into a jagged blade (like the trees you see in the void). The bottom part of the handle (when used like a whip) will switch what the energy looks like depending on the wf holding it, the blades turn inward (like a grappling hook) and the energy acts as the whip is jagged (trees in the void).

Colors: Grip white, inscribe blue, gold/yellow on bladed parts and edges

Regular view/Arsenal Hold and extended view (on the side)

20170318_172841.jpg

Holstered view with Orokin writing as the "curse" see translation below also cont of changes in the energy

20170318_172645.jpg

Optional reading if you can't read my chicken scratch in the photos T>T;;; sorry

It has orokin writing on the handle: Hayden Tenno.

The next on the WF when holstered is suppose to wrap around partly around the top shoulder and waist on the WF. The curse is suppose to pulse and glow with every kill. What the "curse" on WF is suppose to translate to: You have awakened, Yet you are not free. You are overtaken, Because of your greed. From Orokin you have ever taken, Now you fight for me.

What the energies switch two in whip mod (based on what wf is holding it: Ash - spinning shurikens, Atlas - falling rocks, Banshee - visible sound quakes, Chroma - fire breath (element changes just like chromas ability based on color), Valkry - spinning claws, Frost - snowflakes, Titania - butterflies like the razor wing things, Nekros - Dancing skeletons (:DDD), Ember - fire, Inaros - spinning tornado of sand, Equinox - energy rain in which half is always white, Ivara - raining arrows, Excalibur - Dancing swords in a circle, Limbo - something like the cataclysm ability (this one was hard =,=), Hydroid - Water tentacles, Loki - mini clone lokies, Mag - pulsing energy ball, Mesa - Raining bullets and guns (like a boss) - Mirage - spinning ball of light, Nexha - Pulsing spears, Nidus - pulsing, spinning tentacle ball, Nova - Moving molecules, Nyx - raining mind bullets (again another hard one), Oberon - Bouncing energy balls (XD), Rhino - rotating dragon scales, Saryn - (yes i know the R is missing in the photo lol) flower dripping poison, Trinity - Flowing chain links, Vauban (Mr. Bun!) vortex spinning, Volt - Pulsing electricity, Wukong - rotating wack-a-grineer (XD figured it was a good one for the joker), Zephyr - 3 spinning tornadoes, Bard - musical notes  

Damn! I'm loving the amount of thought and detail into this weapon especially the curse aspects and to how much work went into the energy for each frame. Really awesome concept and entry!

On 3.3.2017 at 7:41 PM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

Mutalist Dragon Nikana:

Hide contents

Derived from its original concept thread , if your curious on the origin 

Faction: mutalist/infested
Brief Description:

the once majestic dragon nikana has become warped due to infestation spores, its grown and evolved into something more ..

when the sword is drawn the sheath roars like an ancient and stuns nearby enemies for a short duration & area 

when performing charge attacks, the sheath will spew spores onto inflicted targets by the blade

dealing status procs of toxic that leaves behind a gaseous cloud for a short time

mainly to be used with quick draw single hand attacks to make use of the sheaths effect 

grip style is nikana 
Original Artwork: 

Design:

mutualist dragon nikana by DrkMako

Effect in use:

C6BGt37VMAAfy-O.jpg:large

Take my Money !!! rly we Infested need more stylish Weapons so Please take this in the Game DE O,..,O 

so yeah i am rly bad in drawing things like...rly bad but i guess i can at least give a little idea here i think O,..,o

Faction: Infestation

Name: Yersinia (Like The Bacteria that spreads the black Death)

Type: Greatsword

Description: Crafted from the Infestation self...made from the rotting carcass of the Golem and infused with the Devastating force of the Infested...will this Blade spread Infestation so there Flesh...will become yours...

Effect: when channeling you can "Use" a dead Enemy like with the brocken scepter but it will spawn an Infested Crawler whos life is effected by Status duration of your weapon...only one crawler can be alive at once...kinda like with the phantoms of the synoid heliocor

and in design i thought about something like the Soul Edge... like this...or somethign like a greatsword of flesh and bones...like i said im rly bad at drawing sorry 

Soul_Edge_(SC5).jpg

so yeah nothing rly special...just thinking the Infested need some more love here...and sorry for the bad english btw. but i hope i could make my idea a bit clear...thanks for reading and have a nice day ^,..,^

Edited by Larcerus

Hi everybody this is my entry hope u like it and enjoy!!!!!!!!

For a long time now i/we were/was waiting for a real scythe not the one handed but a big two handed scythe who makes you feel like a real badass grim reaper,so i did my best to create one.

Name:Hakai 

Faction:Tenno 

Grip style:Polearms[like orthos since we dont have dual handed  scythes yet]

Description:Dual handed polearm scythe,its a high  crit type weapon with high slash damage but it loses impact and puncture damage,also high status and the red colors in the picture below is not fire its like a laser beam style scythe and  u will need mastery 8 for this .This weapon has a new animation if it choosen by the DE  when is   drawn  it opens like u will see below in the picture plus i reccomend to zoom on the picture to see better.Anyway i hoped u liked it!!!!!

Edited by LordDeatheron

Name: Martag
Faction: Grineer
The Martag is a Grineer hand held rocket propel drill. The Martag is used by the grinner to get hard to obtain resources. Its high
Puncture damage makes it effective against heavily-armoured targets, which combined with its high Critical Chance and Damage allows its
wielders to make short work of their enemies.

Weapon Type:
Rapier/Rocket Propelled Drill Lance
Stance:
Vulpine Mask
Stance Polarity
Utility:
Attack Speed
Impact
Puncture
Slash
Crit Chance
15.0%
Crit Multiplier
2.5x
Status Chance
5.0%
Slam Attacks Physical Damage
Slide Attacks Physical Damage
Wall Attacks Physical Damage

Edited by (XB1)LUNAcydle Beast

Kusarigama

Type: Blade and whip utilizes the Defiled Snapdragon stance

Description: Kusarigama deals primarily slash or puncture damage. Charge attacks would throw the weight at the end of the chain to disarm opponents, like the ninjas of old.

kusarigama_by_greydal-db2r8fj.jpg

My brother was kind enough to provide me with his artwork. I made a rough (and I mean a really rough) sketch on paper and came up with the idea and he finished it for me.

Name: Arox

Type: Whip (ie. Secura Lecta, Scoliac,...)

Brief Description: Arox is a weapon used by tenno in the Old War, to protect the ones that can't do it by themselves. It's energy defines it's power (like Chroma). If you're not satisfied by the blade throw it off (charge attack) and switch to status damage. When blade is off it throws out 3 status balls every 5 seconds that last on anything for 5-10sec (random). The orokin letters shine with color of energy when you channel or throw blade off.