Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

21 hours ago, Senketsu_ said:

The Kanigata/dragon Kanigata.

ZxzGqiX.png

• Kanigata.
  • Faction: Tenno.
  • Grip: Polearm.
  • Description: A Polearm predating the Orokin Empire. It shares its origins and forging technique with the Nikana. Excels at killing your enemies at a distance

Yes, please, I need more polearms in my life. They should add more combos to existing stances or creating new stances. Right now they are very limited.

Here goes.

Faction: Tenno

Description: Dual Gunblades, "Twin Justicias". I'd like to think the grip type is naturally Gunblade, but whether that works with duals... If not, then Dual Swords or make them into just a single gunblade. Inspired by the AkLex, all the weapons' damage concentrates on Puncture and Slash with only a little Impact. Drawn from scratch using Affinity Designer.

C6Fg1f5XQAEifG-.jpg

29 minutes ago, daronzo said:

FACTION
Grineer (fists)

DESCRIPTION
The Panzerlok are a short range melee fists, slow but they are able to inflict heavy damage (impact) and the height of the elbow to allow engines to perform a devastating charge that sweeps away everything in the line of fire

Goddamn that one looks so cool!!!

7 minutes ago, (PS4)FaintLion31 said:

Stance: Polearm

Description: Its another variant of the Tipido (much like the lesion). We have a crit and status weapon this is a channeling weapon. It would have a higher base channeling DMG and lower base channeling cost. High slash based weapon with some puncture and little impact. It would have a passive that all energy used to channel against an enemy would be refunded upon kill or finishing blow.

Thoughts: I'd like to see a channeling based weapon in warframe, its something new and we have all these mods for channeling so why not help put them to use. As for a name I'll leave that to the community. Please comment a name you'd think is fitting. 

(Having problems getting the URL to come up so here is a link to be safe)Link to picture

I'd like the see the cloth wrappings as a attachment to the weapon. If not that's fine.

If someone can help me out with getting the picture in the post that would be awesome.

Name: Sporothrix

Type: Dagger / Whip

Faction: Infested

Default mode is a dagger with the option to switch into a whip via alt fire button. The dagger mode deals mainly Slash with a bit of toxic damage and good crit chance, low range tho. In whip form it gains range and deals mainly gas with a bit of slash damage, at the cost of attack speed. On kill it causes a toxic aoe burst with 100% status procc.

8h9CfK0.jpg

Edit: Updated the image because the sketch ate all the details.

Greetings

Edited by Xydeth
Updated the Image

Maldex, Dagger

Brief description: Discovered in a recently uncovered vault, little is yet known about the Maldex. (Feel free to change the description if you want the weapon)  

Specialty: Charged attack causes the Tenno to throw the blade,  inflicting piercing damage and pulling the enemy to the ground as the Tenno pulls it back by the tassles wrapped around the handle. 

Can't seem to get it to link with anything so I'll have to post a link. 

https://ibb.co/huEprF

12 minutes ago, The_Trainee said:

The weapon I would like to see in Warframe is a Seven-branched Sword.

I've always been interested in its design and would love to see how you could bring it to life.

Name: ShichiS#&$ō.

Primary damage: Slash.

Faction: Tenno.

Weapon type: Sword/ Heavy Blade

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven-Branched_Sword

here is a kind of a 7 branch sword but as a shield and sword set

21 hours ago, Zahnny said:

I'm not personally submitting anything but rather giving you guys ideas to maybe concept something in relation. If someone were to get it in game I couldn't care if I was credited or not. I'm wanting a weapon, not fame.

I've always wanted a Gun-Shield type of weapon in a game, espically after I saw Henry VIII's gunshields he had in his armory. Purely cosmetic and only one was ever fired but still amazing to look at. I made a post ages ago on this on fan concepts or something like that but it never gained much traction. Espically since I can't draw to make concept art...The bashing brutality and covering defense of a shield mixed with the range of a gun without having to get up close and personal. Although I guess some of that could describe the gunblade also.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_59GYpEVAu0U/TRxK-cgqmLI/AAAAAAAAAr8/u6oFjE8Ois8/s1600/pistol-shield.JPGImage result for gun shield henry viii

I'm not sure how common "gunshields" are in media, animes or other such stuff but the best example I can think of off the top of my head is Umbrella from the Hyun's Dojo guys, who. like his namesake wields an umbrella type weapon that worked as both a shield and gun. I mention this last part in hopes looking it up may give you some feel for it.

I LOVE THIS IDEA... something new, something thats actually REAL from history!!! GREAT CONCEPT! i ccan see this being Grineer all the way

Description: Show some love for whips with this bladed whip. With a high fire rate and status chance, it delivers a flurry of blades on a wide area with a whip stance that utilizes short range quick attacks at the start of the combo before ending it with wide, multi-hit whip-smacking flurry. Also shows your loyalty to the Lotus because it's segments looks like Lotus flowers. Cute n' stylish, eh?

Spoiler

1ocQynz.jpg

YQXgodR.gif

DEICIDE~!

Name: Leguscuta (Leguminosae + Scuta)

Type: Sword and Shield

Faction: Infested

Brief description: Symbiosis between an old broken Orokin's Sword and Shield and an infested organism, it can evolve as long as you kill enemies with it. Makes him deals more damage and increase its statistics. Physically, the shield and the sword "grow" using the enemies bodies.

Name: Angva

Faction: Corpus

Description: A Tenno-inspired Corpus creation, fusing the brutality of the Angstrum and the elegance of the Gunblade.

Grip: Gunblade

Charge attack: Instead of pellets, when charged it fires a triangle of missiles, like the Angstrum. Can damage user or allies, and has travel time similar to that of Angstrum. Fires normal pellets on combos with a tight spread. Charge attack is slower than attack speed, but can be boosted with Fury or Primed Fury. Melee_Idea.jpg

Sorry for bad art. Not a good artist.

Edited by MadnessBomber

Dolon Akaz

Limbo's signature weapon

This is a cane rapier, from the Orokin class, only used by the most prestigious Orokin people.

This weapon would have slash, puncture, and impact. Slash for when you use the sword in a horizontal attack, then puncture when you stab, and impact when you use the sheath to hit.

sheath in left hand and rapier in right.

it would use the Crossing Snakes stance for its attacks. however, would require a custom animation for when you have the weapon pulled out and not attacking, This would look like you are holding the cane out in front of you with your hands on top.

If you cant see these images, idk what is going on.

my pics are here: 

Edited by MasterChef5311

Faction: Tenno
Brief Description:
"Traditionally used in Tenno ceremony, this ornate umbrella is augmented with bulletproof material and sharp edges to help discerning Tennos in combat."
Uses rapier type grip and when right clicking opens up the umbrella to deflect incoming bullets. The Tenno opens the umbrella and charges forward when doing charge attacks, sending enemies flying. Deals puncture damage and a bit of slash.

ZjHU7ln.jpg

limbo_with_kasa__warframe__the_best_defe

Deviantart

Edited by Ashvall
Added charge attack description, added second image.

Name: Conquest

Faction: Sentient

Grip type: Sword (like broken-war)

The Conquest sword is a Sentient design with a physical blade that spreads apart to reveal the inner energy blade. Conquest’s reach grows longer with each combo multiplier, allowing the Tenno to conquer and spread dominion over large areas. Conquest deals mostly slash damage and impact damage, as its large reach is more effective with swooping slashes than stabbing attacks.

tumblr_omax6cllEJ1vaom7mo1_1280.png

Edited by RIPjetHeros
Clarifying grip type

We havent had an actual pair of dual swords since the dex dakra. I suggest...

Dual Goratine - A shorter, but EQUAL LENGTH galatine in each hand, substituting some power for speed and crit!

I'd like to see them as perhaps based on spartan Lakonian shortswords, or just shorter, wider-bladed galatines in each hand, but perhaps lotus-ified like the dex dakras. Too busy jumping through the IRS's hoops at the moment, so i'll try and submit some artwork later...

Grip: Dual sword

Impact: 45.0

Puncture: 18.0

Slash: 72.0

Spin attack: 270

Leap attack: 270

Wall attack: 270

Channeling cost: 5

Channeling damage: 1.5

Attack speed: 1.08

Critical chance: 30%

Critical damage: 3.0x

Status chance: 15%

I shall begin then

with a DEFENCE oriented melee weapon

Faction: Corpus

Name Sugesstions: Scuta/scutum 
Brief Description: After finding out that cover is infact a good addition to shields a corpus scientist has designed a new collapsible shield, combining the sturdyness of grineer tech with corpus to create a new collapsible  and still leightwheight shield, too bad that his data storage was raided by tenno before he could even build it for tests.

this weapon is used with the Shield Lancer animations 

25 impact (ragdols enemys like the Kestrel)

crit 5%

crit damage 2.0

Status 20%

Blocking: just like lancer 100% frontal cover against non Aoe attacks. thikness is 0.2

Original Artwork:

Behold my paint skills mortals.

0yyTY7z.png

colours not as seen.

grey /white with blue hexagon shields like nullifiers have

Edited by Kangarad