Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Never tried this kind of thing before, and not an artist, but hey I tried.

Name: Yushiga

Faction: Tenno

Grip: Rapier Stances (Vulpine Mask)

Description: An simple, yet beautifully crafted blade that delivers a clean blow. As the combo counter rises, the sword slowly creates a mist of the energy color and adds cold damage, slightly scaling with the combo counter.

Roa3siQ.png

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Turtle Boy 1999 said:

I made something in Paint.

How do I put it up here [not that tech savvy]

Go to imgur and make an account and uplode your image there and then click on "get shared links" and then just copy the BBcode and insert into the txt box 

0L5xR0g.png

0m9K399.png

Name: Neula Daggers  /  Class: Dual Daggers  /  Damage type: Puncture 21 Impact 21  /  Attack speed: 1  /  Crit: 10% with 2x  /  Channeling Damage: 1.5 with 5 cost  /  Status: 20%  /  Faction: Tenno

The Neula Daggers are weapons that promote combo attacks, while channelling the range grows by a small amount for each multiplier with the length of the energy beams (see Picture for default size) increasing to match the current multiplier. (Channelling exclusive)

With the combo counter built up charge attacks do a blast damage attack this reduces the combo counter by 10 for each attack. (Not channelling exclusive)

Features: Spiked guard similar to a cutlass, wrapped handle, cylinder like blade with pointed tip, about the length of fang prime, metallic like finish.

Edited by Mr.naky
Added another image

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3RMhwHeodeaNXJ2ZlluaTJFU3M/view?usp=drivesdk

this is my defensive/melee weapon

I call it the parasang, 

name:Parasang

Faction:Tenno

Description: With its umbrella like structure the parasang, is a weapon hybrid that consist of a shield and a boomerang. The parasang's blue like area is transparent,  which can be used to target  enemies while protect' s the holder/user.

While channeling the parasol glows viciously with it's colors, showing both its beauty and it's deadly sharpened edges as it slices through enemies.

Edited by (PS4)giappy13

18 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Charlie Hotel11 said:

Never tried this kind of thing before, and not an artist, but hey I tried.

Name: Yushiga

Grip: Rapier Stances (Vulpine Mask)

Description: An simple, yet beautifully crafted blade that delivers a clean blow. As the combo counter rises, the sword slowly creates a mist of the energy color and adds cold damage, slightly scaling with the combo counter.

Roa3siQ.png

Well done, what program did you use?

Name: Salus and Bisul

Grip: Sword and shield

Description: An ancient weapon forged by a tenno smith, it was rediscovered by the new generation on earth.

If it is allowed to have a passive ability it would disarm enemy when struck while blocking.

I dont have any colour pencils but the colour scheme would be reminiscent of orikin without any grey/black.

http://m.imgur.com/sY6QYDN

Edited by (XB1)bobchicken128

REISSEN - 
Faction: Grineer
Lightning fast, these puncturing grineer nunchaku have been developed for extreme use and has rarely been seen outside of Rathuum stadiums. High critical chance and jet powered ends that mimic technology like the Jat Kittag make these nunchaku deadly as ever.
tumblr_oma4pgjQ431uf6jjko1_1280.png

(maybe i'll color this and update it later!)

tumblr_oma4pgjQ431uf6jjko2_1280.jpg

Edited by (PS4)Noiverns

This is the Coiletta, A Corpus designed heavy pole-arm. It uses the pole-arm grip. The blades when equipped, slide out, from largest to smallest, along with the two hand guards. However there is always a static plasma animation present on the blades. When a heavy charge attack is preformed, the blade can be thrown, and will be teleported back to the user via matching device located on wrist when the weapon is equipped, once one successful hit has been detected. 

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description: Much like the Katana and Wakizashi concept art in the codex, you could pair the two up or just have a slash based dagger and finally have a really fitting dagger for the people who really want to be ninja's. The model is already in game from Teshion, just have different skins or the same ones to match the current Nikana. Maybe have the pair do damage to match the Dragon Nikana or less and compensate with the speed of having two light weapons. Or Match the damage with the prime or almost to it if it's just going to be a one off, although a prime version would be amazing. The dagger itself would have slash states comparable to the rest of the daggers in the game but it would have an edge due to it being slash based.

Looking through the forums and I see a lot of Nikana concepts, although the Nikana's are nice they would more than likely be under used due to Nikana prime. But the forementioned Katana and Wakizashi pair would be different as you're wielding the two weapons, or even just the Wakizashi.

Katana.JPG-Espadas-do-samurai-da-exposi-o-Katana-W

Edited by (XB1)WantedT ROCK

Description: Lyte is a sword type weapon, it is double edged, which able to high slash damage from both sides. The more enemies that are killed the brighter the middle part of hilt glows, the sword is very light allowing quick death who come contact with this weapon. This sword is ancient and was lost to time until it was found in a cave crushed by rocks, now found let this weapon bring death again.

Grip Type: Sword

I made this sword using Paint.net, it took a while

Edited by (XB1)VPX games
Needed to make grip type more clear just in case if it wasn't

Gun-blades are my favorite melee weapon type, and in my opinion, are pretty underrated.

Here is a concept for the "Masuketto"

Fun fact: "Masuketto" is the English spelled-out version of the Japanese word for "Musket"

Stance:

Gun-blades

Physical Description:

The Masuketto would be a slender blade with a rifle barrel spliced between the back edge and the cutting edge. I imagine it as a lever action rifle packed into the nice package of a katana-based gun-blade.

Color Locations:

Primary: Blade/Rubber grip

Secondary: Blade handle

Tertiary: Blade handle (crevices in wood grain)

Accents: Guard/Lever/Barrel

Default Color Scheme:

The default colors for the Masuketto would be as follows-

Primary: Light grey

Secondary: Light brown

Tertiary: Dark brown

Accent: Dark grey

Energy: Light blue

gW2ztCU.jpg

Edited by Coderwhite

PcSOOaJ.png

Description: Effective at cutting through both armored and unarmored foes as well as foliage, the Tenno recognized the potential of this weapon too late in the Old War. Commonly used with a dagger stance, it has also been found that, in dire situations, throwing it directly at the enemy can be lifesaving [requires throwing melee stance]

Edited by (XB1)Turtle Boy 1999
I think that breaks contest rules.and a spelling error

I'm not going to try designing any weapons, but i would like to see more scythes (it's a scythe, what other reason do I need), i would like to see halberds, snake swords like what I think Ivy was her name in soul caliber, that sword and claw the acolyte has, cane/ sword weapons, actual spears, and if for no other reason than to see it in action a regular shield. i have no problem thinking of names/ titles for weapons as long as it fits, I would name an LMG Crimson Symphony but not name an axe Murasame or a dagger Dark Harvest (I would give that to a scythe). In regards to the contest, the sentient tonfa Urumu I think it was looks great, more sentient weapons need to be made as well. Would you kindly BRING ME MY SCYTHE!

Edited by (XB1)ParrotTom
just small additions

2 hours ago, Worker_Prime said:

I always found it interesting that although we received the short part of War as Broken-War, the longer part was left completely neglected and forgotten.

Thus, Torn War - the blade that never was. A blunt katana formed of Sentient bones, lost to the Tenno and the Void and brought into reality through unknown means.

YZoP8D0.png

I agree, they should use the other half of the Broken War. I fact, I bleave the Stalker should drop the BP for: Broken War, Torn War, & War.

My concept includes using both halfs of Broken War as a dual sword melee. I'd call it "Split War" or "Devastation." (bad at spelling) It would fit the Stalker's arsinal with: Dread, Dispair, Hate, & War. Swap out war for Devastation, then the Stalker would have the 3ds of darkness.

You Dread to see him. His marks leave you in Dispair. And when he shows... he Devastates you.