Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Okay this is the first time trying something like this but here goes nothing.

Name ; Ark Secura

Faction: Corpus

Damage type: Normal Damage 10 puncture and 60 impact ----- Alternate mode 70 Blast

Weapon type: Blaster gauntlet

Stance: the stance for this weapon will allow the gauntlets to switch modes as the combo is performed for example starting of with six punch's which will flow into a uppercut and whille the enemy is still airbourne the gauntlets will switch modes and deliver a forward punchh that will send the target flying into enemys.

The basic inspiration of this weapon is to create a pair of gauntlets that are capable of quick combo gain (lets say at a speed of 1.10) but also have the ability to crowd control a large group of enemies with a special secondary mode that allows these gauntlets to emit a slow (let's say at a speed of 0.80) but strong blast effect in the area in front of the player ragdolling enemies with a small 4 or 5 meter stagger around the player.

that about sums up my entry my apologies for not supplying a image i dont know how to do images on Xbox thank you for reading and keep up the awesome work.

On 3/3/2017 at 10:00 AM, [DE]Megan said:

The winning designs will be interpreted by our artists who will make tweaks as needed to ensure that the overall design remains true to the Warframe style.

The completed melee weapon will then be put into Warframe!

That's really fantastic. I love that you work for and alongside your fans. It's really amazing to me.

11duz1J.jpg

• Name: Suijin
  • Type: Rapier
  • Faction: Tenno
  • Description: An energized rapier made with the same materials and techniques as the Nami Solo that is capable of dealing high slash damage and puncture damage
Edited by zharrhen
Revised description

On 03/03/2017 at 8:59 PM, Shufly said:

The weapon: Spahd (Spade)

Stance/Weapon-style: Axe

Faction: Grineer

Background: Created to honor Grineer of high standing. This shovel (or spade) has been reproduced in remembrance that even the lowliest of Grineer are capable of incredible feats and to commemorate the first known victory over the Sentients by Grineer "forces". This enhanced workers tool comes with Plasma blade tips that cut through ore and rock just as well as it does the wielders foes.

Edit=(I'll be posting some more refined stuff once I can find a scanner. Sorry but the S#&$ drawings will have to do for now till I can get my tablet going). Gotta use that two picture limit!

STEEL THY SHOVEL ! 

Name: Grimorix

Grip-type: Dual Swords/Axes

Brief Description: These Brutal twin cleavers were made by a Nightwatch defector who went mad. The Grimorix's design is similar to that of a Butcher's cleaver or a Scorpion's Machete. One side of both blades utilizes a super-heated element for melting through armor, while the other side of the blades protrude out in the shape of an axe head, that side is used to rend and maim flash. The chain connecting both blades is merely to intimidate foes.

Name: Fractus

Mace and shield (using sword and shield/axe and shield grip)

Origin: Tenno

Description: A shield made of cracking stone radiating what looks like glowing ice inside, and a mace dealing purely cold damage, it would fit along with the silva and aegis perfectly as its opposite.

the shield itself has visible radiation of cold that when hit by melee would slow the enemy that hit you, the use of the mace, since it's made of a solid chunk of ice, would have a very high chance to proc cold.  when using the heavy attack you would release a small area of cold damage from your point of impact causing enemies in range to slow as if frozen.

i apologize as i am probably the worst artist out there lol.

13 hours ago, -Manks said:

I present, Lotus' Frying Pan

EXBcQph.png

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description: A time honored weapon against any foe, annoying family member, or cartoon cat.

Using the machete stance style, and dealing primarily Impact damage (with a satisfying clunk on every hit), it has an ability to stun any enemy it lands a blow on. Opening them up for finishers as 3 small birds circle their head. 

Once the battle is over, and the players return to their ship, it can be used to cook up a nice plate of scrambled eggs from all those spare Kubrow Eggs we have. 

Pan me bro ! 

Ether Sword

Name: Ether Scythe

Type: Corpus

Grip: Scythe

Description:

The Ether scythe looks like a regular staff at first but when pulled out/activated the Ether emitters extend the blade much like the new sword and shield combination. The inside is hollow and has cutouts in it, which allows the Tenno to see the Ether that courses through the middle of it. It is approximately six feet long and the blade is two feet by four and a half feet. The blade is made of pure ether energy and the color of it can be changed.

(it won't let me insert the picture so I sent a link to my deviantart account)

Edited by RoanokeEscala
picture didn't come out.

20 hours ago, SilverBones said:

FACTION
Grineer (Mios Grip)

DESCRIPTION
This slow-swinging, militarized version of a boarding tool embodies everything about the Grineer approach to warfare; It’s vicious, it’s destructive and serves in multiple functions simultaneously. The superheated, plasma blade can carve through hardened armor, the explosive, weighted end can clear debris and attackers in equal measure and even the heat vents can be used to maim and kill. It is the embodiment of murderous, Grineer ingenuity.

ARTWORK
C6DWZBEUoAATH8C.jpg

C6DWbikUYAA99bN.jpg

Bloody great art ! and a Kusurigama F*** yeah ! 

I've come with a glorious submission! GLORIOUS! EDIT: This is not a joke, I apologize to people that think I'm joking with this submission.

Name: Darikata

Stance/Weapon Type: Gunblade (Sarpa, Redeemer, etc)

Description: A Grineer weapon combining the violent and vicious power of the Grakata and a rotating toothed sawblade built to suit the needs of either a slash-happy Grineer or a silent and deadly Tenno warrior. I'd think heavy slash damage with a little bit of heat damage for the melee attacks and impact for the shooting attacks.

kvD0YXY.png

Edited by AcidicGoddess
Warning: this is not a joke submission

8 hours ago, Kangarad said:

this weapon is used with the Shield Lancer animations 

Shield Lancer animations isn't part of any existing weapon grips. It's commendable that you tried to think outside of the box to give a little flair to your submission, but it does not fit the guidelines of the contest. 

Faction: Infested

Grip type: Dagger

Description: It's a tentacle like dagger with with teeth on one side for gripping onto/shredding enemies. When performing a finisher while channeling, the dagger will wrap around the target's neck tightly, allowing the wielder to use the target as a human shield, or quietly drag them to an area where there are no witnesses. While the dagger is wrapped around a target, the wielder will automatically pull out their secondary for self defense. To release the target, the wielder can choose to either perform a normal finisher by pressing the melee button, let them go by swapping weapons, or have the target absorb damage for you until they die.C5nMCul.png

8 minutes ago, (PS4)PredatorKombatX said:

How do I add picture to this on phone I made a weapon that's throwable like glove but has heavy blade stances 

When typing typing in your reply, look for a grey box on the bottom right of the text box that says,"Insert other media". Click that box and then copy and paste your image URL on there.

3 hours ago, marshmellory said:

Faction: Tenno
Brief Description: The Frysbore is a Tenno-created lance weapon, using the Rapier grip (the pose displayed bottom right in the image below) and the Vulpine Mask stance. The Frysbore is intended to be an elemental weapon with a base cold damage type. By executing a charge attack, the Warframe will quickly lunge forward several meters, dealing damage and freezing any enemy(s) hit during the lunge. Although the Frysbore's impressive size and reach grant it a large base damage, it also makes it far slower than similar weapons like the Destreza.
Original Artwork: 

RYeuQJ2.jpg

example of charge attack:

gkaI7dv.png

I cant upvote this enough! Ive always wanted a lance ingame!