Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Someone please make a symbiotic high slash dmg claw that can be switched to a high impact fist weapon. Im thinking kinda like the game prototype and Venom from spiderman. It could have a special attack that makes spikes of symbiotic substance come out of you, kind of like Kimimaro from the show Naruto. Just my two cents...        

On 3/4/2017 at 2:45 AM, 4ever4gotin said:

Weapon: "Gun Blade" / Faction: Cephalon (Semaris/Suda or otherwise)

Name: Patalcor (based off of the swords from Jehuty (Zone of the Enders), Gundam Exia (Gundam 00) as well as a historical Indian sword called the "Pata"

Flavour text: A gunblade that is arm holstered, stored on the backhand side, allowing this weapon to be quick and deadly with calculated accuracy. The ranged attack is a single wide projectile that more accurate than its counterparts but has travel time. Designed in the family of other Cephalon weapons (Heliocor, Simmulor, Gammacor), this weapon offers the scientific precision needed to dissect or obliterate subjects.

v1JDat8.png
FJulYCM.png

Damn was thinking of how would anyone do a gundam style weapon in warframe and after looking at this you nailed it.

Name: Tenki

Faction: Tenno (possibly Grineer)

Grib-type/stance: Polearm

Describtion: The Tenki, a weapon from the earliest of the Orokin era. This heave pole-axe, was used to brutally but swift execute with a single swing from this massive axe. The weapon was later used in combat, to crush groups of enemies with slow strong strikes.

Possible name for stance + describtion: "Righteous blow" Heavy swings with crushing slashes

Edited by Lorddis

Catalyzer

a5f59u.jpg

Premise

I have little to none artistic talent, so.. sorry if I made your eyes bleeding with my.. "creation". I also am totally non-competitive. This artwork of mine is purely casual, just for the fun of creating something that buzzed my mind for a while and because I like it.

As the image above shows, this melee weapon is somewhat a mix of two pre-existing weapon types in Warframe : a sword and a greatsword. It's supposed to be a Corpus weapon. Even though it might be a Tenno one as well... Whatever. Let's say Corpus.
For those who are interested, let's take a closer look :

Spoiler
  • Melee weapon type :  Greatsword/sword;
  • Damage : The weapon has a small innate elemental damage determined by Energy's color (just like Chroma) (Electricity is the default one, having a cyan Energy color, typical of Corpus), along with a stronger Slash damage type and a little Impact one . While in sword mode, 22/66/11; while in greatsword mode, 25/75/30;
  • Attack Speed : While being a greatsword, 0.926; while being a sword, 1.122;
  • Critical Chance : 10%;
  • Critical Multiplier : 1.5x;
  • Status Chance : 15%;
  • Polarities : Maybe a Naramon one. This weapon has, however, two Stance slots : the first, a Vazarin one, is for its greatsword mode, while the other, a Madurai one, is for its sword counterpart.
  • How it works : The weapon starts missions being a greatsword. While being held, the player may click the alternate fire button in order to switch into sword (and viceversa). This action takes 1 second to execute (and isn't affected by Attack Speed), since the two barrels, containing catalyzers (see image), must detach/attach, slip and rotate in order to change the modality. During change, the player can't attack with the weapon, but s/he can still put it away without stopping the switch. S/He'll then be able to attack again with it as soon as the animation finishes.
    The catalyzers have fissures (2 on each side of them, 6 in total per catalyzer) from which elemental graphics can be seen : steam/small flames while using Fire, gas while using Poison, glacial vapors while using Ice and sparks while using Elecricity. What concerns Secondary Elements.. eh. I didn't consider them, my bad. I'd let the blade have the Secondary Element's graphical effect, just as it was a normal melee weapon, while fissures still feature the basic Element of the weapon, determined by its Energy color.
  • Peculiarities : The blade has carves, which colors are part of the Energy pattern. While Channeling, they shine brighter and fissures emit stronger elemental graphics (see image), and not only increases damage dealt by 30% (not 50% as standard), but also Attack Speed by 20% (because of sprint given by faster catalyzation).

Edited by Noloic

On 3/3/2017 at 5:07 PM, Trash_Frame said:

Faction: Tenno
Brief Description: A slash-damage whip that operates best with Burning Wasp. When not being used at full length capacity, the weapon can substitute for shorter range and perform properly as a single handed sword/dagger.

tumblr_om9h8tOvZ71vc6nhjo1_1280.png

cool and exquisite idea! I support this!

Carnage
+Tenno
+grip: Mios/Lacera
Carnage is one handed heavy weapon with lethal impact damage which crushes everything in way. Second end puncture throught enemies as it's "thrown" or use for stabbing. Even if Carnage's slash damage is realy low, you can use chain for spinning heavy hammer under your head and around you as you walk throught enemies, to make use for it's heaviness

ObjFile:

AkaAb3C.png

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:00 AM, SilverBones said:

FACTION
Grineer (Mios Grip)

DESCRIPTION
This slow-swinging, militarized version of a boarding tool embodies everything about the Grineer approach to warfare; It’s vicious, it’s destructive and serves in multiple functions simultaneously. The superheated, plasma blade can carve through hardened armor, the explosive, weighted end can clear debris and attackers in equal measure and even the heat vents can be used to maim and kill. It is the embodiment of murderous, Grineer ingenuity.

ARTWORK
C6DWZBEUoAATH8C.jpg

C6DWbikUYAA99bN.jpg

OMG! I need this right now.

Name: Synkester

Faction: Tenno

Grip: Rapier, matches the Vulpine mask stance

Description:

This rapier, originally made as a tribute to Banshee, will sing and hum as the wielder cuts through the air. Modelled after a conductors baton, this blade will bring forth the true skills of a composer, and deliever a masterfull symphony to any audience that is unfortunate enough to get within its range. A charge attack will create a sharp note so loud that it will make nearby enemies stagger.

Function:

Since there is just one rapier available alleready, I don't think we need to mix it up to much with this one. A charge attack with extra range on the staggering effect (5 m radius maybe) should be the only physical difference outside of stats. This rapier will have greater focus on slash than the destreza. Overal more physical damage, but less crit chance.

Info:

The reason I would like to see this weapon in the game is because the thought of a singing/humming weapon is very exciting. When the Ohma came out, the thing I enjoyed the most about it was the satisfying FTHUNK noise it made, so I would love to have more weapons with focus on asthetics and soundeffects, as they end up determining which weapons I'l use. The name Syngkester comes from the words syng and orkester which are norwegian for sing and orchestra.

RGlUgPT.jpg

6 hours ago, Ravenbx9 said:

Faction: Tenno
Brief Description: A Nikana made of Compressed Oxium with a Tellurium core. It has no sheath; instead the user holds on to the chain. The weapon is heavy than the Nikana by about double, due to this it does a lot more damage in each strike at the cost of speed

warframe_heavy_oxium_nikana_by_zarrbx9-d

But Oxium is a light metal.

5 hours ago, Acculluz said:

Faction:

Tenno

Brief Description:

A recreation of an old war relic that was once thought to be lost, along with its master. The Caerudala channels void energy generating a shield to protect the Warframe from all frontal damage. The energy shield can also be used as a thrown melee, capable of projecting multiple glaive like projectiles and creating fields that deal continuous damage to enemies that come in contact with it. This is an embodiment of elegance, intricacy, and the deadly power of Tenno craftsmanship and mastery of the void. (Thrown Melee Grip Type)

Original Artwork:

17015681_1659717024331123_33358772951690

17158977_1659715237664635_50066961444606

Really great job. Would love to see this in the game.

On 3/3/2017 at 0:35 PM, magecow_go_moo said:

Silva and Aegis don't say who they were designed by in game, even tennogen skins give credit to the designer will you at least say in game that it was player designed or just stuff it in with all your other weapons unlabeled like you did for Silva and Aegis?  If you aren't going to create your own content the very least you could do is give credit where credit is due. Personally I think you should also go in and give credit to SilverBones for his work in addition to labeling the next player created item as such because what you did with Silva and Aegis is incredibly tacky IMO.  I'm fairly sure whoever creates the winning weapon is going to want their name in the credits somewhere.

I would like this implemented towards Nekros, Valkyr, Nova and the other 2 from that design council contest from way back when.

Will a half-assed drawing be fine? I'm thinking of something no one has posted at all in the past 30 pages. 

On 4.03.2017 г. at 10:45 AM, 4ever4gotin said:

Weapon: "Gun Blade" / Faction: Cephalon (Semaris/Suda or otherwise)

Name: Patalcor (based off of the swords from Jehuty (Zone of the Enders), Gundam Exia (Gundam 00) as well as a historical Indian sword called the "Pata"

Flavour text: A gunblade that is arm holstered, stored on the backhand side, allowing this weapon to be quick and deadly with calculated accuracy. The ranged attack is a single wide projectile that more accurate than its counterparts but has travel time. Designed in the family of other Cephalon weapons (Heliocor, Simmulor, Gammacor), this weapon offers the scientific precision needed to dissect or obliterate subjects.

v1JDat8.png
FJulYCM.png

As a ZOE fan, I NEED THIS!

Faction: Corpus

Brief Description: The Flail Hangs off the side of the Weilders hip and the shield expands only when blocking Blocking has a chance to Grant Shock Proc on the enemy stunning thm for a short time.

Tapping melee would use the Whip animation and the charge attack spins the flail around befor coming down on the enemy 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5IW6Vfqo5-QekozUGVwWThNSTA/view?usp=drivesdk

Im not the best of artists by the way so be warned.

Edited by (PS4)I-Guspr-I

Click to see: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/12fOL1k-D1dN8gR4kI6oDatEYTUzDQrqZxNwETY-cSKA/edit?usp=sharing

Brief Description: Luna. The weapon is Tenno made and would use the single swords grip and stances (ie, broken war). It has four blades usually kept tight together but spread out when its bonus activates. It would be mainly impact and puncture with little to no slash and low status. Swing speed would be ok with a 15% crit chance

Bonus: After or during a finisher or stealth kill the four blades would open and a pulse would come from the center stunning enemies or increasing combo counter by the number of enemies affected. 

Edited by (XB1)CatchyLeopard
missing photo link

Gorgancha

Shield/ fist melee/ Tenno

The shield will be stored on the tenno’s back where it can be accessed by bringing it to the front where it can use the straps & metal poles to keep a grip on it.

When the two fist weapons are combined to make the shield, it can give protection to nearby allies.

As it is a melee weapon when there is a ground pound attack it will cause debris to rise from the ground and the energy will then project debris towards the enemy.

With melee attack’s there would be slash damage attacks with the spikes that would damage opponents as well as a crush attack that will crush enemy’s while standing and for finisher attacks when enemies are on the ground the shield finisher will crush the enemy to a pulp.

Edited by (XB1)HarryHD HALO
format error

Brief Description: Encornet is a whip, designed to swiftly puncture armor and cause bleeding upon landing charged attacks.

It features strong puncture, and slash damage, in expense of having low impact capabilities. The weapon does extra damage when used as a finisher. Its default stance matches that of the Coiling Viper (Zenurik).

The tip and the "tentacles" on the guard glows when channeling. The motif of the design is based a squid, and inspired by the Destraza aesthetic-wise. The name is based on the French translation of the word 'squid'.

6 hours ago, Acculluz said:

Faction:

Tenno

Brief Description:

A recreation of an old war relic that was once thought to be lost, along with its master. The Caerudala channels void energy generating a shield to protect the Warframe from all frontal damage. The energy shield can also be used as a thrown melee, capable of projecting multiple glaive like projectiles and creating fields that deal continuous damage to enemies that come in contact with it. This is an embodiment of elegance, intricacy, and the deadly power of Tenno craftsmanship and mastery of the void. (Thrown Melee Grip Type)

Original Artwork:

17015681_1659717024331123_33358772951690

17158977_1659715237664635_50066961444606

so ..pretty