Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hows the Akstilleto for early/mid game?

mosaickle

Question

I'm probably at early game and am approaching mid game and lack a 'gun' pistol weapon and I am able to get the Akstilleto whenever I want since I have all the resources,

Is it worth having? Or are there other better pistols out there?

8 answers to this question

The Akstiletto is a good secondary. It's capable of unlocking the solar system on its own. It's known for accuracy and is pretty ammo efficient for an autotrigger gun.

The Akstiletto Prime is arguably the best secondary in the game, with the caveat that it's best paired with a carrier to keep it running. Other than ammo usage (which isn't bad) it has no deficiency. It's a monster, pure and simple.

There are lots of good secondaries, but these two are among the best in their respective tiers.

10 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Akstilletto or the prime variant?
The prime variant is good for end game.

As for the regular one... tossed it into my Aksomati pretty fast as it was boring.

Yeah I'm probably going to put it into Aksomati later on

But just the normal Akstilleto, I'm probably not going to get the prime anytime soon

So I'm guessing it's not too bad for early/mid game?

AkStiletto is a very competent Weapon. Crits, Status, Accuracy, fast Reload.
very little in regards to weaknesses aside from moderate Ammunition Consumption.

Prime is better at everything than it.

note that AkSomati while have much higher Stats, also are basically a Weapon with a maximum effective Range of about 12 Meters. 

20 hours ago, (PS4)HSomDevil said:

Sooner or later you want to build everything anyway so might as well start with that one.

Also, it's an excellent secondary so you might want to keep it until Aksomati/Akstiletto Prime.

I see, I mean if I wanted to I do have the resources to build Aksomati anyway so should I might as well finish building Akstiletto and just build Aksomati right after? I mean the stats are basically better in every regard

29 minutes ago, Atylia said:

I see, I mean if I wanted to I do have the resources to build Aksomati anyway so should I might as well finish building Akstiletto and just build Aksomati right after? I mean the stats are basically better in every regard

Well, minus the poor accuracy.

Also they have that annoying spool up of Soma so they feel a bit different. Personally I hate it but it can be remedied with fire rate mods.

But as I said, eventually you want to build everything anyway and by the time you get your hands on Akstiletto prime they are both mastery fodder.

Youll want to build it and level it anyway, just for crafting and mastery purposes.  But other than that, What are you looking for in a pistol?  Fully auto? Semi auto? It depends on what mods you have available too.  I would imagine you do not have a lot of the dual Stat status and elemental damage mods.  If this is the case, I would say get a weapon that is best without these mods with lower status, since these weapons generally don't rely on status for killing enemies quickly.   The vasto/akvasto fit this category.  Also, the twin grakata is a mastery rank 0 weapon that does decent damage.  It isn't very ammo efficient, but they are effective with a crit  build.