Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current situation on ps4

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

So as a little experiment I decided to use the snipetron vandal in conclave in order to prove that snipers require little to no effort to use. I was shooting people through walls and killing players before they could even react to what's happening and apparently since I'm such a well known guy on conclave I seemed to have made snipers even more popular than what they once were in the first place.

i can't even join a lobby without seeing someone using a sniper now. Like I'm honestly worried that I may have killed conclave with my experiment and now in order to even compete with people in matches people are forced to use meta weapons like snipers or mios which just make it impossible for noobs to get kills in conclave now and hell even I struggle to survive now but not because those players are good but because snipers are that easy to use even a mastery rank 5 can use them and beat mastery rank 23 with the same weapon.

heres a suggestion in order to make snipers into the weapons that require the most skill to use:

make snipers only do 20-30 damage if they aren't over 60-80 metres away from the target and decrease the fire rate.

thats all it needs, like seriously add that condition to the lie in wait mod and everything will be perfect and snipers will be the weapons that require the most effort in conclave. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

1. So as a little experiment I decided to use the snipetron vandal in conclave in order to prove that snipers require little to no effort to use. I was shooting people through walls and killing players before they could even react to what's happening and apparently since I'm such a well known guy on conclave I seemed to have made snipers even more popular than what they once were in the first place.

2. i can't even join a lobby without seeing someone using a sniper now. Like I'm honestly worried that I may have killed conclave with my experiment and now in order to even compete with people in matches people are forced to use meta weapons like snipers or mios which just make it impossible for noobs to get kills in conclave now and hell even I struggle to survive now but not because those players are good but because snipers are that easy to use even a mastery rank 5 can use them and beat mastery rank 23 with the same weapon.

3. heres a suggestion in order to make snipers into the weapons that require the most skill to use:

4. make snipers only do 20-30 damage if they aren't over 60-80 metres away from the target and decrease the fire rate.

5. thats all it needs, like seriously add that condition to the lie in wait mod and everything will be perfect and snipers will be the weapons that require the most effort in conclave. 

1. Ok. What is the issue ? A headshot with a properly modded snipetron is supposed to be a 1HK. There isn't a problem if you can kill them before they can react.

2. So ? Sniper Rifles ( and a bow I won't mention) in conclave have almost consistently been the "meta" because of their low STK ratio. If DE made the grakata have the same STK as a sniper rifle, nobody would use them.

3. I hope that this is as good as your other thought-provoking posts.

4. Is this the equivalent of make the assault rifles do only 5-10 damage until they can hit the target at least 10 times ? Sniper Rifles being powerful isn't a cause, it is a symptom of a system that rewards low STK weapons. (Which isn't a bad thing)

5. >Everything will be perfect 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

So as a little experiment I decided to use the snipetron vandal in conclave in order to prove that snipers require little to no effort to use. I was shooting people through walls and killing players before they could even react to what's happening and apparently since I'm such a well known guy on conclave I seemed to have made snipers even more popular than what they once were in the first place.

*eye roll*
The most transparent humble-brag ever.
Sure buddy, sure. Your immense popularity is single-handedly defining the "meta". Can I get an autograph?

Also, snipers demand the most precision out of all rifles. Tell me again how they "require little to no effort to use".

I just think the [Lie In Wait] mod for snipers should have a greater drawback. it should NOT be a goto or "mandatory mod".

The damage for snipers are fine to me,

Added recoil for a drawback is a joke. though.  looks like something thrown on there to shut up the complainers.

I am currently questioning bows having flight speed mods.

The defense people have usually is "Bows require a lot of aim" "Their shots have a lot of travel time" "I have timed shots because I have to charge" for why they deal so much damage per shot.

I don't think bows should have flight speed mods if they are going to hit that hard. Let bow require "A lot of aim" especially the Daikyu.

I think the Daikyu really shuts down most other bows. I have experience with and against bows, read the numbers and I am convinced.

Most people who defend snipers and bows are sniper and bow users. I think some of them are being biased, not all.

What weapons are meta? Snipers and bows. What weapons are on the top of people's heads as most effective? Snipers and Bows. There was a thread before, someone asking what weapons are most effective, almost all of them said a sniper and a bow.

My main weapon is the Hind and that weapon can dish out some damage especially on less mobile targets, but comparing it to these current meta weapons, It gets burned. There are a lot of weapons that don't get any spotlight because they are overshadowed, by some of these meta weapons.

Why? Because they require a lesser amount of hits for a kill and having such a high mobility PvP system makes these weapons the go to.

People saying "Snipers require the most precision of all rifles" is highly debatable.

If snipers had a sway while aiming, I would say definitely they require more precision. But, being able to disable scope and lower the zoom as much as you currently can, lowers the difficulty of aiming with them.

Bows do require a lot of precision with them having the charge and flight speed that they do, but those flight speed mods seriously lower the skill ceiling. The arrows can come at you extremely fast using those mods.

I am 100% unbiased, not against snipers or bows. I just want balance and a stop to certain things like "Meta" "Mandatory mods"

Also, not to put you down in anyway, you didn't create the meta. The game design did.

18 hours ago, (Xbox One)CFE Discord said:

1. Ok. What is the issue ? A headshot with a properly modded snipetron is supposed to be a 1HK. There isn't a problem if you can kill them before they can react.

2. So ? Sniper Rifles ( and a bow I won't mention) in conclave have almost consistently been the "meta" because of their low STK ratio. If DE made the grakata have the same STK as a sniper rifle, nobody would use them.

3. I hope that this is as good as your other thought-provoking posts.

4. Is this the equivalent of make the assault rifles do only 5-10 damage until they can hit the target at least 10 times ? Sniper Rifles being powerful isn't a cause, it is a symptom of a system that rewards low STK weapons. (Which isn't a bad thing)

5. >Everything will be perfect 

1. Did I mention headshots at all in my post? No I didn't 

2 so basically admitting that snipers and the daikyu doesn't require any skill is enough for you is it? I would prefer our feedback as to be taken seriously and for the devs to look at everything and re-evaluate according to the criticism. And I never said we should buff every other weapon, I said nerf snipers.

3 >proving my point that I'm well known enough for you to remember my other posts 

4 my problem with snipers is that they require no effort and yet yield the best results, all I'm wanting to happen is that the skill required to get those results should be increased. I see no reason for any objections. 

5 great contribution to the op so useful.

14 hours ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

1*eye roll*
The most transparent humble-brag ever.
Sure buddy, sure. Your immense popularity is single-handedly defining the "meta". Can I get an autograph?

2 Also, snipers demand the most precision out of all rifles. Tell me again how they "require little to no effort to use".

1 *roleplay on a warframe forum* 

*jumps around with shoes in hands with anime eyes* *XD*

please stop, this entire section was a terrible and obvious excuse for up votes.

2. 2 shot kill, hit scan, can outperform every other weapon type effectively, (obviously this is an evaluation of meta sniper rifles) (snipetron can 1 shot through walls too)

If sniper rifles work well for you, then so be it. Different people like and perform differently with different things. I'm still not convinced you didn't make this entire thread as a form of bragging to everyone about how good you think you are. But Look, if the meta really is that bland, and if you're so good at defining the meta, then try some other stuff. Because it's plenty diverse over on PC. I personally like shotguns, some of the best players in the game with godlike tracking like automatics. Some sticklers still stay on snipers all the time, but they're hardly the majority... They're all more than viable, and nothing is necessarily meta right now. If I take your words at face value, the problem and solution are one and the same - if you don't like the meta, that's entirely on you. Apparently.

Edited by Phasedragon

Look, if your nerf were to be implemented, Snipers would't be in any form viable. Why should a pick a Sniper when I can pick automatics and semi automatics and perform the same regardless the distance? Now I want to know in what game does snipers have a damage reduction if the target get too close? They are already hard to aim at close distance to begin with. Snipers are fine the way they are.

Edited by (PS4)TheKiller9805

6 hours ago, (PS4)TheKiller9805 said:

Look, if your nerf were to be implemented, Snipers would't be in any form viable. Why should a pick a Sniper when I can pick automatics and semi automatics and perform the same regardless the distance? Now I want to know in what game does snipers have a damage reduction if the target get too close? They are already hard to aim at close distance to begin with. Snipers are fine the way they are.

Well I can't wait to see you in a lobby and watch as that kd you have drops dramatically. Because I will show a live example.

9 hours ago, Phasedragon said:

If sniper rifles work well for you, then so be it. Different people like and perform differently with different things. I'm still not convinced you didn't make this entire thread as a form of bragging to everyone about how good you think you are. But Look, if the meta really is that bland, and if you're so good at defining the meta, then try some other stuff. Because it's plenty diverse over on PC. I personally like shotguns, some of the best players in the game with godlike tracking like automatics. Some sticklers still stay on snipers all the time, but they're hardly the majority... They're all more than viable, and nothing is necessarily meta right now. If I take your words at face value, the problem and solution are one and the same - if you don't like the meta, that's entirely on you. Apparently.

The problem is that snipers work well for everyone to the extent that nobody is using other weapons. That's the issue my post is trying to highlight and the only solution is the Nerf snipers in a way that encourages skillful use of those weapons. If snipers don't get nerfed then sorry to say conclave will die. Simple

it is reasons like this people don't play conclave

53 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

The problem is that snipers work well for everyone to the extent that nobody is using other weapons. That's the issue my post is trying to highlight and the only solution is the Nerf snipers in a way that encourages skillful use of those weapons. If snipers don't get nerfed then sorry to say conclave will die. Simple

it is reasons like this people don't play conclave

I'm victim of Snipers all the time (melee player here) and so far the only ones I have my negative thoughts towards are SnipeVandal and Rubico, but only for their firerates (may as well be Latrons) but other than that they are totally fine (melee just needs blocking to work in the aimed direction, not the direction the wf is facing)

On 3/4/2017 at 8:43 AM, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

1 *roleplay on a warframe forum* 

Me writing *eye roll* is somehow "roleplay"?

*eye roll*

please stop, this entire section was a terrible and obvious excuse for up votes.

It was a criticism of your basic boasting.
Nobody wants to hear about your yuge popularity or your tremendous KDR.

2. 2 shot kill, hit scan, can outperform every other weapon type effectively, (obviously this is an evaluation of meta sniper rifles) (snipetron can 1 shot through walls too)

The Snipetron Vandal can only two-shot light frames, which happen to be the most mobile and the most difficult to hit with precision weapons.
Besides being clumsy to use in close quarters, snipers globally suffer from low fire rate, low magazine size, and the inability to use holstered reload mods.
A mere pinch of imagination will reveal to you a variety of situations wherein shotguns and other rifles outperform snipers.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

The problem is that snipers work well for everyone to the extent that nobody is using other weapons.

Is that so?
Nobody is using non-sniper weapons?
In that case, you should easily be able to find some real evidence for it.
And yet... all I see are unfounded complaints.

4 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

SnipeVandal and Rubico, but only for their firerates (may as well be Latrons)

Snipetron Vandal Fire Rate: 1.5 rounds/sec
Rubico Fire Rate: 1.5 rounds/sec
Latron Fire Rate: 4.17 rounds/sec

Exaggeration: Yes
Credibility: No

4 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

melee just needs blocking to work in the aimed direction, not the direction the wf is facing

When you press block, your frame turns towards the direction you're aiming.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Well I can't wait to see you in a lobby and watch as that kd you have drops dramatically. Because I will show a live example.

We have encountered 3 times in a lobby and so far, my k/d has remain the same and I play conclave everyday so I must be blind that I did not notice your grand reputation. Anyway I'm not gonna bother in this forum since your suggestion is not gonna work, snipers works as intended and if you have a problem with that then thats on you. Your credibility has died and nobody takes you seriously now, thats why almost everyone disagree with you. Instead of crying for neff and wasting your time, find a way to counter them; everything has a weakness and snipers are no different.

Edited by (PS4)TheKiller9805

2 hours ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

Exaggeration: Yes
Credibility: No

Oh sorry, forgot to paint those in rainbow.

Also, I use "Latron" to refer to any semi-auto, which is what I see Rubicos and SNipevandals doing pretty much always, judging by how they can two-shot me in the time it takes me to do a single roll.

2 hours ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

When you press block, your frame turns towards the direction you're aiming.

Not if you have Sprint active, and deactivating makes you a sitting duck ready to be shot. Also the turn speed is very slow to compensate for the very narrow blocking angle.

1 hour ago, Nazrethim said:

Also, I use "Latron" to refer to any semi-auto

By this logic, the Strun is also a Latron.
The Panthera is a Latron.
The Zarr is a Latron.

Suddenly the word becomes useless; it conveys no meaningful information.
Much like your argument.

Not if you have Sprint active, and deactivating makes you a sitting duck ready to be shot.

Blocking while sprinting is fixed to the direction of the sprint.
This is because:
1. The sprinting animation forces forward movement; you can't sprint backwards.
2. It would be ridiculous for players to be able to twist their torso 180° to block bullets from behind.

Blocking is one of the few actions that can even be performed while sprinting.
You can't aim while sprinting. You can't shoot while sprinting. Why should you get to perform free-angle blocking while sprinting?

And why would you even be sprinting backwards while blocking?
If that's your idea of evasive movement, then you've got bigger problems than fixed-angle blocking during sprints.

Also the turn speed is very slow to compensate for the very narrow blocking angle.

Oh, is it? The turn speed is "very slow"?
Does this look "very slow" to you?

Spoiler

Because it looks pretty damn fast to me, buddy.

And the blocking angle is ninety degrees.
Essentially, if the source is on your screen, then you can block it.

So tell me again how blocking is "very slow" and how the angle is "very narrow".

Edited by SevenLetterKWord

7 hours ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

Suddenly the word becomes useless; it conveys no meaningful information.
Much like your argument.

I still think Snipevandl and Rubico seem a bit strong for my taste by comparison to other snipers. Specially considering one of them has punch trough enough to kill trough walls.

2. It would be ridiculous for players to be able to twist their torso 180° to block bullets from behind.

But they can totally twist it to shoot a rifle, or particle cannon or even a f*cking BOW.

Blocking is one of the few actions that can even be performed while sprinting.
You can't aim while sprinting. You can't shoot while sprinting. Why should you get to perform free-angle blocking while sprinting?

Gameplay and Realism segregation for balance reasosn (here meaning "melee has sh*t defense for being the playstyle that exposes it's user to damage the most)

And why would you even be sprinting backwards while blocking?

Sometimes you bulletjump and the aimglide thinks "oh, you still have sprint active, lets NOT turn around to block for no good reason!"

If that's your idea of evasive movement, then you've got bigger problems than fixed-angle blocking during sprints.

Oh, is it? The turn speed is "very slow"?
Does this look "very slow" to you?

Try doing it while moving in any direction, sure, planting on the ground is easy and all. Do it WHILE moving and when there's a flying backflipping ninja shooting you.

And the blocking angle is ninety degrees.

I wish! It's more like 45 degrees.

Essentially, if the source is on your screen, then you can block it.

Unless someone is in a 60 degree angle above or below you, moment you block jack because the Blocking angle is fixed horizontally.