Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe wide Conclave Tournement (DE Hosted)

(XBOX)Aeries Vendetta

1 hour ago, Nazrethim said:

I got an idea:

A Team based, Tournament themed, "Tactical Alert/Event/Whatever" split  into 5 categories:

-Team Anihilation (Gun-only)

-Team Anihilation (Melee-only)

-Capture the Cephalon (Gun-only)

-Capture the Cephalon (Melee-only)

-Lunaro

Participation with at least 20 matches and 10 victories: Tournament Sigil

Participation with at least 50 matches and 25 victories: Tournament badge+all of the above

Top 200 players with at least 75 matches and 50 Victories: Syadanna+all of the above

Top 100 players with at least 100 matches and 100 Victories: Tournament armor set+all of the above

Top 50 players with at least 100 matches and 100 VIctories: Nikana-shoto/Wakizashi* (the small Nikana Teshin has) Warframe Auxiliary attachment (so you can use it on any frame)+all of the above

The rewards are individual per player and require a double score system: Matches played and Victories. If a player has more than 100 matches, but only enough victories for the Participation reward, that's what they get. Players must fulfill both scores to get the tier rewards. Score is gained PER category and aren't cumulative outside of their category. Meaning that the "Top 50 players" while seemingly small it's actually 250 players accounting for each category.

*It would use Default Nikana appearance unless a Nikana (Prime, Dragon) is equipped, in which case it mimics the weapon's appearance.

I see what you are looking for but that isn't quite the full scale tournement I was looking for. I come from the country and every year we always wanted to know who the baddest kid on the playground was. I would get into it a bit. (Against the school rules so do not attempt to replicate my actions in real life) 

That being said I want to know who the baddest players are in pvp. 

I know many of your competitors over in pc probably want to see for yourself who the king of conclave is just as much as i do. It could become a semi annual tournement for people to look forward to and train for. A full ranking of the top 15 typhoon class conclavers. 

Just now, Witchydragon said:

This seems atrociously grindy and unfun, splits the playerbase significantly, and rewards grinding over skill. 

Sounds perfect. 

Well, the skill part kinda comes with Victories, and since both scores would be tracked and compared you better win a lot of matches. But yes, it's imperfect, but it's the best I got for now.

What other score could be tracked? K:D ratio? Oro collected? Kill Score points (payback, melee kills, kill streaks, streaks stopped?)

Honestly I wouldn't like to separate the playerbase, maybe only 3 categories, but let's accept the fact that the "Tournament" would need to be balanced...and melee and gunplay will never be properly balanced against each other as long as melee is kept bound to the current and outdated system.

Just now, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

I see what you are looking for but that isn't quite the full scale tournement I was looking for. I come from the country and every year we always wanted to know who the baddest kid on the playground was. I would get into it a bit. (Against the school rules so do not attempt to replicate my actions in real life) 

That being said I want to know who the baddest players are in pvp. 

I know many of your competitors over in pc probably want to see for yourself who the king of conclave is just as much as i do. It could become a semi annual tournement for people to look forward to and train for. A full ranking of the top 15 typhoon class conclavers. 

Yeah I get it. I just tried to suggest something that fit DE's model of doing this kind of stuff. Not perfect, as pointed out by WitchyDragon.

Also, I totally want the reward to be that small Nikana as a Warframe Attachment, since Teshin's theme is all samurai it would be a symbol of Honor, Mastery (not to be confused with MR) and Discipline to have one.

1 minute ago, Nazrethim said:

What other score could be tracked?

A real tournament is not going to be automated and tracked like a normal event, it's going to be hosted at specific times, with specific players and a defined bracket system. You're describing an event, and a bad one at that.

3 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

"Tournament" would need to be balanced...and melee and gunplay will never be properly balanced against each other as long as melee is kept bound to the current and outdated system.

You're given the ability to switch between melee and ranged weapons at all times, you're not supposed to pigeonhole yourself into one weapon.

7 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Yeah I get it. I just tried to suggest something that fit DE's model of doing this kind of stuff. Not perfect, as pointed out by WitchyDragon.

Also, I totally want the reward to be that small Nikana as a Warframe Attachment, since Teshin's theme is all samurai it would be a symbol of Honor, Mastery (not to be confused with MR) and Discipline to have one.

Well if we fit the model of how de does stuff friend, we will end up with another grind event where a 3rd of our clans don't even participate in because they are sick of grinding. The entire game is one big grind. I started playing around the time 5.0 dropped on pc and even with a smaller amount for content it was still a grind. If you don't spend a single penny on the game you will be doing non stop grinding and eventually you will just burn out. 

As a recommendation and a breath of fresh air I would do a tournement to determine the top 15 players from each platform so not only does the player earn glory for him/herself but also for their clan with prizes on the de level to boot. It's not a grind and it gives you something hopefully similar to intensity of rails.

(Hard to replicate that feeling though, it felt good winning)

Edited by (XB1)Aeries Vendetta

Just now, Witchydragon said:

You're given the ability to switch between melee and ranged weapons at all times, you're not supposed to pigeonhole yourself into one weapon.

If that were true for guns too, guns would deal zero damage at pointblank range, y'know, to encourage actually going melee when enemy gets close, assuming DE buffs gun-to-melee holster speed (or just drop the ball with the weapon specific 200% holster rate mods and replace them by a Warframe Exilus 200% universal holster)

Since that kind of thing would be a very sh*tty mechanic, let's leave that right out of the bat. The point of equipped melee is not gimping the player, is about becoming more like a Jedi/Sith, which we kind of can do, except our blocking is awful, channel blocking reflects jack unless you have a Mod triggered for a few seconds before your inevitable demise and combos are generally too slow to catch up someone flying, and aerial/wall attacks are stupidly limited. If aerial gunplay worked like aerial melee, firing any shot would instantly cancel Glide and make the player plummet to the ground.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

Well if we fit the model of how de does stuff friend, we will end up with another grind event where a 3rd of our clans don't even participate in because they are sick of grinding. The entire game is one big grind. I started playing around the time 5.0 dropped on pc and even with a smaller amount for content it was still a grind. If you don't spend a single penny on the game you will be doing non stop grinding and eventually you will just burn out. 

As a recommendation and a breath of fresh air I would do a tournement to determine the top 15 players from each platform so not only does the player earn glory for him/herself but also for their clan with prizes on the de level to boot. It's not a grind and it gives you something hopefully similar to intensity of rails.

(Hard to replicate that feeling though, it felt good winning)

Thing is, HOW do you exatly get the 15 players in the first place? I mean, what's the "requirement" to enter the tournament? Perhaps a "ranked" matches between registered Teams?

3 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Thing is, HOW do you exatly get the 15 players in the first place? I mean, what's the "requirement" to enter the tournament? Perhaps a "ranked" matches between registered Teams?

You can have a bracket as big as you wish and it can be two and out like most state wrestling tournements. You can also limit people joining by amount of conclave kills. If you set it to 10,000 plus conclave kills it will severely limit the competition to those who are serious about competing. That's one way it could be done. It will also show who is committed to actually playing. Sure you could boost your kills but when the tournement starts they would be eliminated within 2 matches. 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

You can have a bracket as big as you wish and it can be two and out like most state wrestling tournements. You can also limit people joining by amount of conclave kills. If you set it to 10,000 plus conclave kills it will severely limit the competition to those who are serious about competing. That's one way it could be done. It will also show who is committed to actually playing. Sure you could boost your kills but when the tournement starts they would be eliminated within 2 matches. 

That's a good idea.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to promote PvP, though obvious requirements and rules would need to be set to even out the playing field as much as possible for the lesser to upper tier players.

Like maybe separate the tiers to those who get a certain number of kills for example to show dedication to those aspects of PvP, or perhaps most cephelon captures or team player kills/saves to have different tournaments for different modes that cater to people's style/strength.

Edited by (PS4)Benjamin_Draco

On 4/1/2017 at 2:01 AM, (PS4)Benjamin_Draco said:

Wouldn't be a bad idea to promote PvP, though obvious requirements and rules would need to be set to even out the playing field as much as possible for the lesser to upper tier players.

Like maybe separate the tiers to those who get a certain number of kills for example to show dedication to those aspects of PvP, or perhaps most cephelon captures or team player kills/saves to have different tournaments for different modes that cater to people's style/strength.

You could have different tiers but at the same time what are people going to say...."I took first in the minstrel tournement." Odds are it is someone's alt.