Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Clan tier

Bouldershoulder

Seeing how this event (pacifism defect) progress, I guess it's now obvious that something has to be done with clan tiers and player activity.

My suggestion is to base clan tier on exactly what describes the clan's presence in the game, i.e. player activity!

Let there be a requirement of, say, 1 mission finished (or whatever other criteria, like online time, etc) per day, for a number of days afterwards, when the player was online for him/her to be considered active, and therefore to be taken into account when determining the tier of a clan, which will change depending on player activity. If a clan has 1000 players, but half of them were inactive the past half year, and another half of the remaining only play once a week or two, it's obviously not a moon clan anymore, but a storm clan (a quarter of 1k is 250 < 300).

Let those that will cry "but we spent so much resources to research/build/whatever in the dodjo" take a minute to think how much more time and effort they will have to spend in the future to progress, if their clan tier is 10 times higher then what they can handle.

If a clan has some research active at the time their tier downgrades, they should have an option to stop the research and have a portion of their resources back into clan vault to restart the research with lower requirements, so that they don't need to collect 15k mutagen samples instead of 5, but they also wouldn't have the incentive to abuse the downgrading.

Edited by Bouldershoulder
some grammar..

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Then ask to get rid of clan tiers. This is just overly complicated fluff to hide not having clan tiers.

I like this suggestion of getting rid of clan tiers.  You can still require the tier specific dojo rooms to have the respective member size.  And for events like the current one the rosters are locked anyway.  They can function in the same way they do now,  but instead of tier just look at number of members.  That wouldn't solve the inactivity issue though.

9 hours ago, TaylorsContraction said:

I like this suggestion of getting rid of clan tiers.

If we get rid of clan tiers, it will be unfair for players in lower tier clans to spend more resources per player than in higher tier clans.

Edited by Bouldershoulder
By tiers I mean the number of players in a clan