Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does this Riven make the Mutalist Cernos any good?

(PSN)subdermal13

Question

Got my first riven today, and it's for a bow I don't really know much about, as I don't even own it yet. The riven seems pretty awesome, but I don't know how well it'll mesh with a status bow, so looking for some input. 

Maxed out, the roll is

+58% to Reload

+163% Crit Chance

+168% Damage

-47% Magazine Capacity

What, if any, would be a good build to go with this mod? The damage seems really good, but with the MC's low crit chance, will this mod help that at all? 

Thanks for any feedback 

9 answers to this question

It's not bad, actually. You won't be able to red crit with this, but with the addition of Point Strike and Vital Sense the damage should be noticeably higher than a full elemental/damage build, and the magazine capacity penalty does nothing (since bows don't have magazines). The build I'd make would be this https://goo.gl/VR4EzZ

Obviously nothing stops you from trying to recycle it hoping for better stats

Edited by Drufo

It would be very good.   As in the above posts build, a standard crit build and 3 slots for alternate mods.   IE 2 toxin and corpus ban, 3 elemental. etc.   Based on what you are fighting.   Those crits also work on its Toxin secondary fire.

The only thing that works for the mutalist cernos on that mod is really the damage and the negative does nothing. Crit chance only get's it up to what, 38%? Not very consistent on a 1 shot weapon. Reload on a bow is a wasted stat as well. I'd reroll until you get something status related, but that's just me.

8 hours ago, (PS4)subdermal13 said:

Got my first riven today, and it's for a bow I don't really know much about, as I don't even own it yet. The riven seems pretty awesome, but I don't know how well it'll mesh with a status bow, so looking for some input. 

Maxed out, the roll is

+58% to Reload

+163% Crit Chance

+168% Damage

-47% Magazine Capacity

What, if any, would be a good build to go with this mod? The damage seems really good, but with the MC's low crit chance, will this mod help that at all? 

Thanks for any feedback 

Its plenty goos even without this riven. I mod mine to be a gas proc weapon and use it with my poison saryn. Pop off gas and poison procs and everything dies.

Thanks for the feedback all! DE doesnt really do a good job explaining rivens and rerolling. From the videos I've seen, I can reroll and if I don't like it,I can still keep the original, right? And does the Kuva cost keep growing or cap out at 3500? I've seen both..

I crafted and leveled the Cernos, so now I have the Mutalist cooking. Can't wait to try it out.

Edit - Did the Mutalist get a buff. I'm hearing conflicting video on if the gas clouds proc other status, or just the base gas.  

Edited by (PS4)subdermal13
added a question