Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan dojo building

Ol_Snappy

Hey, just a (semi) quick question about why it's so hard to build things in the dojo.

I'm currently in the middle of upgrading my clan hall and re-positioning everything, but the need for the previous hall doesn't make much sense to me. You're upgrading and moving on from the previous building, making it better and getting rid of the old version. But you still need to keep the old hall because it's a pre-requisite for larger halls. Can't it just be as simple as upgrading the current hall to a larger one?

Also, the 2 hour delay in between deleting buildings and the lack of a creation or deletion queue tool is kind of a downside to dojo planning for me. As with lots of players, you might not always have someone online to monitor buildings in the dojo and place or improve new or current ones when they can be. I suggest an update to the way we build the dojo, a better process with less screwing around so you can delete what you need (in line with what's allowed) in sooner time.

4 minutes ago, BeastlyPowerups said:

Also, the 2 hour delay in between deleting buildings and the lack of a creation or deletion queue tool is kind of a downside to dojo planning for me.

Queues for deletion and creation would make the whole process of dojo building much easier. It takes days to remove all rooms when you want (or have) to change your dojo layout. 

13 hours ago, ArchPhaeton said:

Dojos, the long forgotten aspect of Warframe.

What I did was plan ahead the whole layout considering that I would need those halls.

If we could just upgrade pre-existing halls, the plans I had set out for out dojo would work fine. But we have to build a bunch of additional crap and keep a prerequisite hall in order to upgrade to the larger halls, which means there'll always be a wasted building that's just sitting around for no reason

14 hours ago, k05h said:

Queues for deletion and creation would make the whole process of dojo building much easier. It takes days to remove all rooms when you want (or have) to change your dojo layout. 

Yeah that's my least favourite thing about the dojo right now. Not many people have the patience to delete a single cross connection at a time to upgrade a hall and then put everything back the way it was

1 hour ago, BeastlyPowerups said:

-snip- there'll always be a wasted building that's just sitting around for no reason

That's 95% of my dojo space, specially with Teleporters around.

The thing with upgrading existing rooms is that each step implies a larger room, which, depending on the dojo's layout, may break the layout and/or cause conflicts - and the ugly way to prevent that would be disabling upgrade if there's not enough room or the room layout gets too broken, which will lead to more unhappiness.

The healthier approach is just careful planning. I concur tho, dojo room building/destroying/remodelating is quite a poor experience and feels like a burdening chore. At least for the 2h queue, my wild guess is they take some time to update our dojos in their servers (?) or some other technical aspect that implies such limitation, since it can't be rushed either, tho construction can be rushed... Yet another obscure warframe design fact.

8 hours ago, ArchPhaeton said:

That's 95% of my dojo space, specially with Teleporters around.

The thing with upgrading existing rooms is that each step implies a larger room, which, depending on the dojo's layout, may break the layout and/or cause conflicts - and the ugly way to prevent that would be disabling upgrade if there's not enough room or the room layout gets too broken, which will lead to more unhappiness.

The healthier approach is just careful planning. I concur tho, dojo room building/destroying/remodelating is quite a poor experience and feels like a burdening chore. At least for the 2h queue, my wild guess is they take some time to update our dojos in their servers (?) or some other technical aspect that implies such limitation, since it can't be rushed either, tho construction can be rushed... Yet another obscure warframe design fact.

But before they update the dojo, let's get another fun and enjoyable conclave event first :>

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)CFE Discord said:

The team that works on PvP is separate than the PvE team. It's not DE as a whole doing these conclave events, just the PvP team.

And that is perfectly fine, but the PvP team needs some inspiration if they want to get more people playing conclave. Doing trashy events every now and then for rewards might seem ok, but it's the same as bandaid patching. It's not a solution that we want