Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

potential operator combat mechanic- child-kwon-do

magentagie

Thought of this whilst doing an infested survival in operator mode. It's kind of like the mechanic from "For Honor", i suppose.

Whilst in operator mode, you have an innate shield of energy in front of you, zero energy cost, and you use some assigned key/button to change stances. There's two stances: whilst in the first one, you take no, or perhaps little to no physical damage, but 35% extra elemental damage. Whilst in the other stance, you take full physical damage, but take no elemental damage. You can also switch to full offensive mode, which takes of all damage reductions, but multiplies your damage by 2.5

what do you lads think? obviously these particular stats aren't mandatory, they're just what i thought up. Have a better idea for what each stance could do or defend against?

Gonna have to say no.

Operators in their current iteration have 100 health. So if something looks at you funny, you're going straight back in your Warframe. You also have only one real way of dealing any kind of damage via "firin' ur laz0r" and it is not reliable enough for me to ever say "Hey I think I'll just step out my Warframe - which can instagib anything in the current mission - to do the equivalent of slap my enemies with a wet paper bag while only having 100HP to my name."

I mean... you'd need an entire new system of combat based on the Operators for the suggestion to even be viable and I'd far rather that sort of time go into balancing the current combat that is the focus of the game, which is the combat involving Warframes.

On a side note, however, I now have the image of a tiny child slapping a Grineer Bombard across the face with all the violence their tiny hands can muster while the Bombard just looks thoroughly perplexed, and I feel more complete as a result.

1 minute ago, Airyllish said:

On a side note, however, I now have the image of a tiny child slapping a Grineer Bombard across the face with all the violence their tiny hands can muster while the Bombard just looks thoroughly perplexed, and I feel more complete as a result.

I love that mental image. A lot xD

I'd give about anything to see that in reality. My Chair Kid void-slaps a Bombard like some kind of gauntlet-throwing challenge. The Bombard looks thoroughly confused, and when he actually retaliates, my Operator just goes back to their warframe and insta-gibbs them.

48 minutes ago, Airyllish said:

So this?