The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Weird graphic bugs & screen freezing

Vicious_Raptor

Well title pretty much. Launched Warframe half an hour ago to run last minute sorties as usual, game runs fine in Liset and all; check the sorties, go to arsenal, swap frame, go back to it, launch the mission but as soon as the loading ends the screen freezes, even though the audio works fine in the background.. at which point I'm forced to alt+f4. Restart the game, might be just a case, but the same happens again, and again. On the 4th attempt the game plays fine but with weird visual glitches, such as:

Spoiler

6d4d6e63d2.jpg972a379a97.jpg3499c2615b.jpg

I don't pay much attention to them, as I just wanna get the sorties done but game said NOPE. Crash upon end of mission and same screen freezing bug for the next attempts, so missed out on the sortie reward as they already reset.

Anyone knows what the cause might be and/or how to fix it?

Hi ApexPredator-EN-,

Could you please verify / optimize your Download Cache in the Warframe launcher settings? That way we can rule out missing or corrupt Warframe files as a potential cause.

launcher01.png.9c939bf9f4d04e224db01bac9c45e69d.png

If this does not help, can you try playing Warframe with Nvidia PhysX Effects disabled in Warframe's display settings? 

Okay so what I did was reinstalling my graphics drivers (Radeon Crimson 17.3.1), then I did the Verify thingy; the game didn't froze upon entering the first mission but the visual glitches went on; upon leaving the mission and starting another one the freeze happened again. Here's more of those graphic bugs:

Spoiler

47202d6379.jpg4ed777d423.jpg

Then I did the Optimize thing, it took forever to complete, but then I got into the game, still glitchy but a bit less than before initially, then a guy fired his Sonicor and the game started looking like an acid trip.. I don't know how else to describe it, really.

Spoiler

7894c14af0.jpg

After that I quit the mission and the game went blackscreen; I alt+f4 it and then restarted it, but then it froze upon logging in. Again, alt+f4 and restart, and this time I also noticed even the login diorama was glitched. The freeze upon login persisted for the following 3 attempts, looks like I can't play the game at all right now..

Spoiler

a24986a9a4.jpg

I'm running the game in fullscreen mode and with DirectX 11 disabled, any other launcher setting is ticked, if that's any helpful info.

Edited by ApexPredator-EN-
Forgot to add the screenshot

I haven't had any of the graphical issues I've seen listed here, but every now and then Warframe will freeze on my PC for like 10-15 seconds. It happens every so often and not all the time. (I'm running driver version 376.33 right now, because some of the newer Nvidia Drivers have issues with memory leaking.)

This weird screen freezing seemed to go away after I updated my driver, but like I said before, I had to downgrade to avoid the memory leaks. (and now the random freezing is back) Not sure if it's my machine or just something with the game or both, although I can be pretty sure it isn't my machine at fault. Probably just driver issues with Warframe specifically.

Because no other game I run stutters or freezes momentarily like Warframe.
Hope some of my input helps, not sure if this is relevant to the discussion here or not.

1 minute ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I haven't had any of the graphical issues I've seen listed here, but every now and then Warframe will freeze on my PC for like 10-15 seconds. It happens every so often and not all the time. (I'm running driver version 376.33 right now, because some of the newer Nvidia Drivers have issues with memory leaking.)

This weird screen freezing seemed to go away after I updated my driver, but like I said before, I had to downgrade to avoid the memory leaks. (and now the random freezing is back) Not sure if it's my machine or just something with the game or both, although I can be pretty sure it isn't my machine at fault. Probably just driver issues with Warframe specifically.

Because no other game I run stutters or freezes momentarily like Warframe.
Hope some of my input helps, not sure if this is relevant to the discussion here or not.

Same! Other games and 3D applications work just fine, it's just Warframe that's behaving like this right now.. Hope I can sort it out asap, I still need 400 points for the individual event rewards :( 

Thanks for your reply anyways!