Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless missions and opening relics

My apologies if this is already common knowledge, but it happened to me the other day so I thought I'd mention it.

Basically, Excavation fissure missions will let you finish the mission having collected 10 reactant but will not open (or consume) your equipped relic.

Steps:

1. Equip relic, launch mission

2. Collect 10 reactant whilst (or before, or after, doesn't matter on order) protecting a single excavator

3. Lotus tells us extraction is available

4. Extract

You will have your void traces, your 100 cryotic, but no reward (and your relic will still be in your inventory when you get back to your ship)

I appreciate this is probably working as intended, as the void missions reward on various points which are 5 waves of defence, 1 interception, 5 mins of survival and 200 cryotic; however excavation is the only type that will offer you the option to finish the mission outside of one of these checkpoints. I assume most people don't up and leave after 1 excavator, but I thought it worth mentioning just in case.

I only stumbled across this as I hit another problem the other day - after the first excavation the Corpus seems to have decided to go home and nobody showed up. After running around for 15 minutes trying to find a power cell carrier I gave up and extracted :-)

HTH

True, they should fix it by playing that lotus message and extraction available after 200 instead of 100.

Why would any sane person extract.... wait... unless they only want void traces lol