Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Bullet, One Death. [ Gameplay Suggestion ]

Hauteclere

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU REPLY.

Alright, so I'm insane---now that we have that out of the way, I have a suggestion. Hopefully it'll be completely taken the way I'm about to suggest it, cause we don't need this becoming a mandatory mode at any time.

(Unless of course there's a reward for it that's worth the effort.)

I think it'd be pretty cool if there were perhaps a private game mode where you, the player, must get through the entire mission without being shot 'twice'. Or at least without getting shot before your shields regenerate. There are no platinum revives, and vitality amounts/boosts mean nothing...because if you get shot without your shields tanking the damage, you die. 

To explain this more in depth, and to repeat a little :

- Melee attacks will not kill you instantly, but you cannot be hit by them more than two or three times and still have functional shields. (Unless they regen.) 

- Enemy powers also will not kill you instantly, but unlike melee attacks---they'll cause your shields to delay longer than normal if you're hit. So if you happen to get shot after being struck by a power, and your shields are down you die.

- Grenades are bad. They provide bigger 'boom', and have the hit-box to match. Furthermore they automatically kill your shields and cause them to delay---perhaps a shorter delay than powers would, but still. Should you be hit by another grenade afterward...well I think by now you get the idea.

- There will be no things like the giant melee rollers---because that'd just be frustrating. (Unless people think otherwise, cause I'd be cool with it. I'm a masochist, I know.)

- Creatures like Napalm Grineer (High damage, with an explosive effect) might have a 3% chance to kill you regardless of your shields or not. Because flaming death hurts.

- The AI will of course be a bit smarter than normal play also, as they will suffer the same damage rules as the players. One shot, one kill. That said enemies with shields will be the only exemption--because they will be exactly under the same rules as players.

- Getting shot in the head means no revive. Period. Blowing up has the same effect. Players will not be able to revive each other if the attack is so logically fatal that they would not, under normal circumstances be able to get up.

- Perhaps some enemies will also have the ability to revive foes. That means making sure you kill everything you can before you proceed.

- Naturally some aspects of the normal game might be disabled or weakened, such as certain mods, and sentinel abilities. You might not even be able to use certain abilities. But that might be something the player has control of rather than something forced on you.

------------------------------------------------

Right now that's all I've thought up, and I'm willing to take suggestions. If you flame, I'm just gonna ignore it, if you flame anyone else, I'm just gonna ignore it and anything else you have to say---and I'd hope everyone else will do the same.

If you have any ideas that'll enlighten DE, and/or myself as to what would allow for true difficulty to occur in such a thing as this, or even in the normal game...Please state them here. If I like 'em enough I'll add 'em to the list.

Now for the primary reason why I think this should be solo/private/invite only : Because there's no way a pub party without amazing luck,  will be able to handle a mode like this. New players shouldn't be allowed to do this mode, or whatever in an open party where they'll likely get very discouraged by their inexperience.

If you ask me...this might need to be something you can only unlock if you're in a clan--where perhaps a teaching environment can appear when playing such a mode.

It might even be fun to have a means to 'race' teams against each other by way of 'progression'. For example, a couple of clans might challenge each other to clear an area with their best teams, and the winner gets the pooled spoils of the map from both teams, along with a singular prize based on the area they're attempting. (Perhaps by tier.)

To ensure this is viable it should be made a requirement that a team gets some qouta of 'stolen goods' from the enemy in order to finish the map.

I think it'd also be great if up to six players can be on a team as opposed to the default five.

Note :  I realize Nightmare mode is coming up, and personally would hope Nightmare mode won't be this difficult. >_> We don't need that happening. I'd like for this to be a separate thing altogether.

Posts to consider :

Damage Tables

Stealth Issues

Edited by Hauteclere

Sounds great to me. Would really give people a reason to stealth. Only issue is we need our stealth weapons to be able to take out heavies undetected, and I have yet to see that happen.

Yeah that's true...Thing about heavies under this deal though is that you'd still likely have to get through their shields. So unless you have something like a multi-shot mod that's kind of a moot point, ne?

Maybe stealth attacks should always one shot in this...(As in the ones you'd do with melee weapons.)

Edited by Hauteclere

tl;dr

Initially (I only read the few first lines) a good idea. But the Grineer commander(with an improved AI) will become your worst enemy. Not saying my observation changes anything. Just wanted to point it out.

Edited by Frendh

Yeah that's true...Thing about heavies under this deal though is that you'd still likely have to get through their shields. So unless you have something like a multi-shot mod that's kind of a moot point, ne?

Maybe stealth attacks should always one shot in this...(As in the ones you'd do with melee weapons.)

The Ogris is silent, can OHK lower lvl heavies.

This sounds like Hell mode, or legendary on Halo. I like the idea. Maybe have it mastery locked until rank 5 or so?

I think the enemies would actually need to aim for this to work though. Also, maybe a separate damage table for the weapons? Because in this mode, there would be only 2 levels of weapon strength. Overkill, and overkill++.

Also, why no infested? 

Edited by Destro6677

The Ogris is silent, can OHK lower lvl heavies.

Ah I see. Good to know~. 

Guess that makes things fine, then?

@Destro6677 : Yeah...that sounds reasonable. I don't wanna see a rank 1-3  person trying to do this. Not saying they can't, because skills are different for everyone...

But not knowing the quirks of different enemies can cost you a match in this kind of thing. (Not to mention it makes anything to do with mastery more desirable.)

Edited by Hauteclere

This sounds like Hell mode, or legendary on Halo. I like the idea. Maybe have it mastery locked until rank 5 or so?

I think the enemies would actually need to aim for this to work though. Also, maybe a separate damage table for the weapons? Because in this mode, there would be only 2 levels of weapon strength. Overkill, and overkill++.

Also, why no infested? 

Lol Good point, I suppose weapons would have to be reworked somehow. This is starting to sound like a larger project than I imagined---but hey if it picks up, its one more reason to play Warframe.

Perhaps a reworked damage table, and even some weapon bans would be in order. ( I can hear the cries of 'NOOOO!' already.)

Also I figured infested would be too hard for the average player...But then again maybe i'm overestimating them, and underestimating us---considering how easy they already are. 

Y'think I should nix the No infested rule?

So... pretty much get your knives, your Shade and your Loki and just 1hit kill everything before they see you.

Not insanely challenging tbh, just slow-paced.

Maybe. Unless sentinels are banned, and the before mentioned weapon's ban hits the knives. Then its just get your Loki. We could also suppose Nightmare's rules of having your energy drained might also occur...

I mean hey, if you want me to make this perfectly impossible I can. Lol That post was me being reasonable.

Course if you have suggestions that would actually make this difficult I'd be more than happy to hear of them and maybe even add them if they're good.

@ValhaHazred : As stated before I'd like Nightmare mode to be an entirely separate thing. Sure some of these might also be able to be added to Nightmare mode---like Grenades actually being a threat...but yeah. Let's try not to make a Nightmare more than a nightmare.

Edited by Hauteclere

So... pretty much get your knives, your Shade and your Loki and just 1hit kill everything before they see you.

Not insanely challenging tbh, just slow-paced.

Krisp has a really good point there. How would this mode be challenging for both stealth and action-oriented players?

The best idea I can come up with is having a random chance that enemies being killed from stealth are going to alert their friends when they die in front of them. 

When the alert level gets high enough, a sensor sweep will occur that nullifies stealth and forces the stealth player to take evasive action or fight back. The sensor sweep will persist for long enough to be a challenge, at which point the stealth player can hack the terminal to shut off the alert and resume stealthing.

Krisp has a really good point there. How would this mode be challenging for both stealth and action-oriented players?

The best idea I can come up with is having a random chance that enemies being killed from stealth are going to alert their friends when they die in front of them. 

When the alert level gets high enough, a sensor sweep will occur that nullifies stealth and forces the stealth player to take evasive action or fight back. The sensor sweep will persist for long enough to be a challenge, at which point the stealth player can hack the terminal to shut off the alert and resume stealthing.

That's an idea...I had one thought where there might be enemies that can disable cloaking devices, or spot cloaked things. It wouldn't be mobile naturally---but it'd have a kind of spot-light effect that perhaps has some sort of design to it where...regardless of being cloaked or not you will be found out if it hits you.

Naturally enough though these spot lights will be avoidable in most cases. 

Maybe along with enemies being alarmed by corpses we'll also have this to make things more interesting...? Though that makes using stealth kills pretty hellish without some means to also be able to stealth under certain circumstances...

Oooh...What about the ability to drag a body away so it won't be seen?

...Maybe it'd be more futuristic to have scanning lasers shoot across the room, that you have to use cover to avoid. Inventive cover and obvious cover, of course.

Edited by Hauteclere

Lol Good point, I suppose weapons would have to be reworked somehow. This is starting to sound like a larger project than I imagined---but hey if it picks up, its one more reason to play Warframe.

Perhaps a reworked damage table, and even some weapon bans would be in order. ( I can hear the cries of 'NOOOO!' already.)

Also I figured infested would be too hard for the average player...But then again maybe i'm overestimating them, and underestimating us---considering how easy they already are. 

Stick with no infested because it is nearly impossible to stealth them. And they don't have projectiles so it wouldn't be much different from a normal infested mission.

Infested would be the easiest faction to take on like this. All you have to do is run a faster than average frame and they'll never catch you. Grineer on the other hand will insta-kill anyone the second they see them, that terrifies me.

Sounds good on paper. But I just don't see the point of re-inventing another, completely different game inside a game. You can't make it as good as a game that was built from the ground up around the concept of being hard and unforgiving, and the majority of the player base will ignore the content anyway. Doubtfully worth the effort on the side of the developer.

Sounds good on paper. But I just don't see the point of re-inventing another, completely different game inside a game. You can't make it as good as a game that was built from the ground up around the concept of being hard and unforgiving, and the majority of the player base will ignore the content anyway. Doubtfully worth the effort on the side of the developer.

I doubt they'll ignore it.

As for reinventing another 'completely different game' its really no different than simply making a more cut throat gaming mode. About the only means I could see it being all that different is through the 'damage table' stuff. 

Meanwhile a lot of the things mentioned here could appear in normal play, like corpse notice (Which is actually already here.), and being able to drag off a body.