The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about Ash Prime/Fatal Teleport/Cover Lethality

INQBUS_11

Question

I'm trying to mod my rakta dark dagger for Ash Prime and I just wanted to confirm a few details before I put my money and effort into modding it and putting formas on it.

1st Question: Can Ash's Fatal Teleport (stealth finisher) crit?

2nd Question: If it can crit, can covert lethality modded daggers crit with Ash's Fatal Teleport? This is where my biggest confusion lies; if covert lethality instakills on finishers, it might not have any damage numbers at all, thus making it impossible for crit.

3rd Question: Can Bladestorm proc my elemental mods on melee weapon? For instance, if I was running gleaming blight on my dark dagger and cast blade storm can it proc its 'Blight' viral damage?

9 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, ASH_BLUE said:

I'm trying to mod my rakta dark dagger for Ash Prime and I just wanted to confirm a few details before I put my money and effort into modding it and putting formas on it.

2nd Question: If it can crit, can covert lethality modded daggers crit with Ash's Fatal Teleport? This is where my biggest confusion lies; if covert lethality instakills on finishers, it might not have any damage numbers at all, thus making it impossible for crit.

3rd Question: Can Bladestorm proc my elemental mods on melee weapon? For instance, if I was running gleaming blight on my dark dagger and cast blade storm can it proc its 'Blight' viral damage?

1. Yes, it is just like another finisher, it can crit.

2. Yes, but crit doesn't matter when it just instantly kills an enemy.

3. Yes, it also can proc, but again, it doesn't really matter when they're dead anyway.

the one thing i just found it from testing BS  with my 1 forma SS and FT build is that any kills done from BS will give you back 1/2 energy as its a finisher kill...which is quite nice...pretty certain it has to do with Fatal Teleport augment affect all finishers.

Why even bother formaing a dagger? Any fully modded dagger has the exact same build which is: Covert Lethality... that's it no forma or even a potato needed... it would be overkill if you were going for Naramon when you can just mod for smokebomb.

12 minutes ago, ASH_BLUE said:

Fatal Teleport is just an Auto-E mechanic when you use Teleport, with a bonus that refunds half energy back. So ye it can crit since Dagger Finishers do Crit. 

3rd: As long as you got the weapon equipped (Selected during BS) it will gather affinity. 

Blight is an effect associated with the Red Veil Syndicate, that is activated by acquiring affinity with a Syndicate Weapon or a weapon equipped with a Weapon Augment Mod. When triggered, Blight will release an AoE radial attack 25m around the player, dealing 1000  Viral damage and applying the Viral Status Effect to enemies in range. It will also restore 25% of the player's base Energy, and provide a (base) movement speed boost of +10% for 30 seconds.

4 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Why even bother formaing a dagger? Any fully modded dagger has the exact same build which is: Covert Lethality... that's it no forma or even a potato needed... it would be overkill if you were going for Naramon when you can just mod for smokebomb.

Yep, all hail the ultimate band-aid mod.  Why bother making daggers viable on their own when a single mod fixes all? Amirite?

2 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Well that's the thing, I went full on power strength + power efficiency and primed continuity wasn't enough to make up for the short smoke bomb duration. That's why I was thinking, if I could mod my fatal teleport to crit, i might be able to use that naramon passive benefit instead of smoke bomb cloaking. I'm also running arcane trickery.

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

1. Yes, it is just like another finisher, it can crit.

2. Yes, but crit doesn't matter when it just instantly kills an enemy.

3. Yes, it also can proc, but again, it doesn't really matter when they're dead anyway.

So just to make it clear, I can use Fatal Teleport + Covert Lethality to crit on my enemy and proc naramon's stealth passive right? Does melee damage that proc stealth include fatal teleport's finishers?

6 minutes ago, ASH_BLUE said:

Well that's the thing, I went full on power strength + power efficiency and primed continuity wasn't enough to make up for the short smoke bomb duration. That's why I was thinking, if I could mod my fatal teleport to crit, i might be able to use that naramon passive benefit instead of smoke bomb cloaking. I'm also running arcane trickery.

So just to make it clear, I can use Fatal Teleport + Covert Lethality to crit on my enemy and proc naramon's stealth passive right? Does melee damage that proc stealth include fatal teleport's finishers?

Yes, that is correct. It should crit, as it has for me, and it should proc Naramon's stealth passive.

Also yes, it does include finishers, since it is a crit.