Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Systems

elitetrollz

Question

11 answers to this question

Your math is wrong. First of all, Loki's frame consists of three parts, so at least three runs are needed to get all of them. IF you are lucky.

You have been unlucky, but that will change sooner or later. Just be glad you can keep trying over and over and aren't limited to one try per day.

Just now, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Your math is wrong. First of all, Loki's frame consists of three parts, so at least three runs are needed to get all of them. IF you are lucky.

You have been unlucky, but that will change sooner or later. Just be glad you can keep trying over and over and aren't limited to one try per day.

what math? 

wiki said:

Component blueprints drop from Hyena Pack (Psamathe, Neptune).

The probability distribution of the parts is 38.72%, 38.72%, 22.56% for Neuroptics, Chassis, Systems as it is for most boss-rewarded warframe components, with an expected required number of tries to obtain each at least once of 7.

1 minute ago, elitetrollz said:

what math? 

wiki said:

Component blueprints drop from Hyena Pack (Psamathe, Neptune).

The probability distribution of the parts is 38.72%, 38.72%, 22.56% for Neuroptics, Chassis, Systems as it is for most boss-rewarded warframe components, with an expected required number of tries to obtain each at least once of 7.

Technically speaking it's your "at least" that caused the confusion, I think.

Well, no confusion. Hair splitting.

I find it almost comical that I come to Warframe and find people complaining about the RNG here.

If you want to complain go to Vindictus and try enhancing your weapon past +10.

In Warframe you can never decrease in power if you aren't stupid (removing/deleting/selling your maxed out frames and mods).

You can only ever increase and progress forward. Ranking up a mod isn't RNG. It's guaranteed. It just requires time, a resonable amount of time. Leveling up and maxing out a frame with formas for your build? Formaing isn't RNG, it can never destroy your frame, it will always succeed.You can only ever progress in the game. Formas are also free from relics. It just requires time. And a reasonable amount of time as well. Same with your weapons.

Now go to another MMO game like Vindictus where over 60% of your attack speed and 100% of your damage output is tied to your weapon enhancement level. And for many of the characters having a +10 or +15 weapon is the difference between getting hit by a boss attack or landing your smash combo so it's a big deal once you really dive into the game and start trying to play at an endgame level. But, it's a 40% success rate going from +10 to +11. And then it just drops off from there to 30% at +14 to +15.

The kicker, when you fail enhancing your weapon is destroyed. Gone. Poof. Vapor, never existed. And it already requires a large input of time and 99% of the time also requires the input of real life money to make a +10 weapon. So you just want to play well at an endgame level? Your weapon goes gone. Imagine if Warframe used that system. Then you can complain about RNG.

I have NEVER bought Prime Access in Warframe yet I have every Prime frame out to date with the exception of Banshee (working on her) and Excalibur (we know why).

There is nothing RNG about Warframe. Unless you mean RightNowGuaranteed. Because in Warframe, your progression in the game is guaranteed. And that's good. And that's a huge part of why Warframe has tens of thousands of unique logins while Vindictus is probably getting 500 a day, if that.

===============

Also, my Equinox took me over 8 hours to farm.

Then I had to help my friend for 6 hours to get his.

Then my brother for 5 hours to get his.

And my Mesa when I was just first starting out took me 24 runs of Mutalist Alad V to get. We ran out of keys and I wanted her so I ended up begging people in recruit chat to take me with them without keysharing. I now owe the community at least 11 Mutalist Alad V free runs. I have 4 keys right now, come to me if you just want a run. :)