Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warbros Prime's True Event Score Denied by DE

facepalm1337

Just now, hurlawhirl said:

It's not the same, you're reducing the argument beyond it's fundamental level.

We didn't cheat. The rules were not explicitly outlined, and we expected precedent to uphold.

It was never stated beforehand that scoring would stop at a certain point.

If you've played this game before, you'd know that events are never over until the scores are tallied.

They started the scores would be tallied at 2, done. over no more entries. Your trying to hand in points after the end and have them count. IE "cheating on your test"

1 minute ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

true that, but im bothered by the sentence: they won as they were supposed to.. we played with 26,6% less players

You guys did pretty damned well. The 12k runs were something to aspire to, if anything. Made me really want to stick around, and try and grind out more, and more, to get my own score higher, but a lot of the time, a few things went wrong, or I simply didn't have time due to things happening IRL.

1 minute ago, asis_ said:

but sitting here complaining about things that were changed isn't going to do much

That's not true. Complaining is what got DE to increase the sample droprates, to make the event less forgiving for ghost clans and lots of examples in the past.

You know what's not doing much, let alone help improve the game? Fanboys brown nosing on the forums every chance they get. 

1 minute ago, Andaius said:

They started the scores would be tallied at 2, done. over no more entries. Your trying to hand in points after the end and have them count. IE "cheating on your test"

Where did they state the scores would be tallied at 2pm EST? All I've seen it is after 2pm EST.

Just now, Andaius said:

Please show me where in the event post it says specifically "scores will be tallied," or any other reference to closing of scoring.

That's not what the thread said, and that's what we're taking issue with. Divergence from precedent.

1 minute ago, Trvldl said:

We are complaining because the change was not announced and we wasted our time. You might not value our time, but our comlaints are completely valid.

not my fault that you had an entire week to do the event and you chose the last day to do it..

1 minute ago, Karixolu said:

You'd be fine with DE taking away anything you worked to achieve in this game, just because you didn't do it their way? After they decided to change the rules, after something ended? Sorry, you purchased banshee prime on release date, but it wasn't ready :( We wont give you any compensation or anything. Just deal with it, I guess?

This Operation is on now until March 9 at 2 p.m ET!

you knew when it was going to end, it gave you a week, and you chose not to do it in time. there's not much to say  other than you wasted your time.

i mean i'd be fine if i didnt get banshee prime directly on it's release date, as long as i got it eventually. but i dont see how this relates to not knowing how to manage your time

2 minutes ago, Andaius said:

Can you link where it was stated?

Just now, asis_ said:

not my fault that you had an entire week to do the event and you chose the last day to do it..

you knew when it was going to end, it gave you a week, and you chose not to do it in time. there's not much to say  other than you wasted your time.

i mean i'd be fine if i didnt get banshee prime directly on it's release date, as long as i got it eventually. but i dont see how this relates to not knowing how to manage your time

That is exactly my point. The OPERATION (Alert, Fissure, Event, Tactical alert) is on now UNTILL 2pm ET. So the mission is live, for that time. Not the scoring. Not the acquisition of points. But the mission itself. I'm going to start setting myself up for disappointment if I join alerts with 5 mins left, and I finish in 5 mins and 1 second. No item, or points for me!

2 minutes ago, Trvldl said:

Can you link where it was stated?

3 minutes ago, hurlawhirl said:

Please show me where in the event post it says specifically "scores will be tallied," or any other reference to closing of scoring.

That's not what the thread said, and that's what we're taking issue with. Divergence from precedent.

4 minutes ago, Graphene314 said:

Where did they state the scores would be tallied at 2pm EST? All I've seen it is after 2pm EST.

This Operation is on now until March 9 at 2 p.m ET! <- right underneath the big picture for the event in the FAQ thread.  Ending suggests scores will be tallied doesn't it?

2 minutes ago, Karixolu said:

That is exactly my point. The OPERATION (Alert, Fissure, Event, Tactical alert) is on now UNTILL 2pm ET. So the mission is live, for that time. Not the scoring. Not the acquisition of points. But the mission itself. I'm going to start setting myself up for disappointment if I join alerts with 5 mins left, and I finish in 5 mins and 1 second. No item, or points for me!

i know it went really unusually but how long after the event ended could you usually score still? that was somehow never set in stone i assume

we could have basically delayed this until a few days after the event already ended in this case

Edited by -dicht.Amducias-

2 minutes ago, asis_ said:

Rathuum:

Event is on from June 10th @ 11:45am to June 20th @ 11:45am ET.

And the scores after the event ended were counted.

Just now, asis_ said:

Just now, asis_ said:

See my first replies to the topic, read them again. Events counted overtime before, we expected it to count now as well.

Just now, Andaius said:

This Operation is on now until March 9 at 2 p.m ET! <- right underneath the big picture for the event in the FAQ thread.  Ending suggests scores will be tallied doesn't it?

Suggests? Now you see there is ambiguity within the statement?

See:

1 minute ago, Graphene314 said:

Rathuum:

Event is on from June 10th @ 11:45am to June 20th @ 11:45am ET.

And the scores after the event ended were counted.

2 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

And exact quote from here? I don't know where to look.

Just now, Andaius said:

Ending suggests scores will be tallied doesn't it?

We just told you it does not suggest that because overtime scores were always a thing.

Just now, Cidolfus said:

I swear whenever something doesn't go the way Warbros wants, it's everyone else's fault.

There's really nothing to see here. A bunch of tryhards crying because they didn't adhere to the time limit.

Hello, can you tell why you had the need to respond with useless insult and zero contribution? Are our complaints not valid?

So Ending the event suggest the scores won't be tallied and rewards handed out?

1 minute ago, DrLickWeiner said:

Don't count on exceptions. It clearly state that it ends at a certain time so should it be. 

It hasn't in the past. That's what we've been saying for four pages.

6 minutes ago, Karixolu said:

Let me give the very simple difference between the Event and Fissures/Alerts.

1. You have a certain amount of time to START the mission. [Alerts/Fissures]

2. You have a certain amount of time to FINISH the mission. [Event]  

Were events part of #1 in the past? Apperently yes, but don't expect it to happen every time. 

Edited by aligatorno

So Ending the event suggest the scores won't be tallied and rewards handed out?

Don't twist my words to support your view.

It wasn't ambiguous that rewards came after, it was ambiguous when scoring occurred. You yourself admitted so.

Guys the deadline was 2pm Est.

If you started the runs too late and you couldn't finish it before it has been ended then don't blame DE. You had a whole week to get the scores.
And next time you will know this for sure and grats on the 2nd place.