Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Ignis Wraith Observation

Xunvia

I noticed that Split Chamber doesn't increase the status/sec on the Ignis Wraith. Is this a bug or intended? I think SC increases the normal Ignis' damage and status/Sec, but I don't trust my memory since it's been a while since I've had a normal Ignis in my arsenal. 

3 hours ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

don't forget primed rifle ammo mutation if you want to kill more than 15 enemies with it 

Dunno, I've used (regular) Ignis a whole bunch, it's not super ammo efficient of course
but if you go for lotsa damage Mods (including a good Riven) with just Vile Acceleration
[I've found stuff like Fire Storm and Sinister Reach to not really be necessary / too useful here]
and don't keep firing longer than necessary, you don't run out of ammo that easily.

58 minutes ago, Diarmut said:

Do you guys know if Shred's punch through has any effect on the Ignis/Wraith?

Ignis (Wraith or not) has 2m Punch Through innate,
so (I'd assume) Shred would simply add to that.

However, in most situations, that 2m should be plenty
and you'd be better off with an elemental damage Mod (or e.g. Vile Acceleration).

Punch-through on an Ignis behaves differently to most other weapons.

As the cone of fire is treated as multiple explosions, it's the AoE of those explosions that actually inherits the punch-through, not the cone itself.

Play around with it and see how it works for you, but it's my understanding that additional punch-through will make little difference.

1 hour ago, Sakatchi said:

I'm here to reinforce the idea that you want mods like speed trigger to increase status. Vile acceleration is bad though, and shred isn't enough, and redundant.

Vile Acceleration is bad, why? It's a much bigger dps increase than Speed Trigger.

16 minutes ago, Sakatchi said:

that -15% damage hurts the ignis wrath, and it burns too much damage to be worthwhile.

The -15% damage makes very little difference, let's do the maths...

On top of the base damage (100%) we add Serration (+165%) and Heavy Caliber (+165%) for a total of 430%.

So the comparison is between Speed Trigger, which multiplies the overall damage by 1.6 (430% x 1.6 = 688%), and Vile Acceleration which first subtracts 15% damage (430% - 15% = 415%) and then multiplies the overall damage by 1.9 (415% x 1.9 = 788.5%).

A Vile Acceleration build deals 14.6% more damage than a Speed Trigger build (788.5% / 688%), and applies almost 19% more status procs (1.9 / 1.6), while consuming almost 19% more ammo.

1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

The -15% damage makes very little difference, let's do the maths...

On top of the base damage (100%) we add Serration (+165%) and Heavy Caliber (+165%) for a total of 430%.

So the comparison is between Speed Trigger, which multiplies the overall damage by 1.6 (430% x 1.6 = 688%), and Vile Acceleration which first subtracts 15% damage (430% - 15% = 415%) and then multiplies the overall damage by 1.9 (415% x 1.9 = 788.5%).

A Vile Acceleration build deals 14.6% more damage than a Speed Trigger build (788.5% / 688%), and applies almost 19% more status procs (1.9 / 1.6), while consuming almost 19% more ammo.

Those are theoretically solid numbers. But in practice its a dps vs burst argument, which will fall flat when armor is introduced to the equation. Armor will lower that already lowered damage, and even if you get a elemental combo that lowers armor's effectiveness, past about level 35, it will fall off, causing your dps ignis to burn an increasing amount of ammo killing one guy, that not even an ammo mutation can save.

Trust me on that one, I had some fun trying to kill a lv 50 bombard with the build you proposed with a corrosive blast verison of the ignus wrath.

2 minutes ago, Sakatchi said:

Those are theoretically solid numbers. But in practice its a dps vs burst argument, which will fall flat when armor is introduced to the equation. Armor will lower that already lowered damage, and even if you get a elemental combo that lowers armor's effectiveness, past about level 35, it will fall off, causing your dps ignis to burn an increasing amount of ammo killing one guy, that not even an ammo mutation can save.

Trust me on that one, I had some fun trying to kill a lv 50 bombard with the build you proposed with a corrosive blast verison of the ignus wrath.

But none of that is relevant to the Vile Acceleration vs Speed Trigger discussion.

A Vile Acceleration build does more burst, more sustained dps and applies more status than a Speed Trigger build.

The only stat where a Speed Trigger build wins is ammo efficiency, and even there it only does 3.6% more damage per round of ammo. Not enough to make any noticeable difference.