Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR 18 returning player lost in the sauce

(PSN)guamsownthor

Question

I took a break around the time equinox came out. Just got back into it and I've been trying to find info on how everything changed but no luck on a solid breakdown. 

Voids are no longer the prime farm spots?

What's the new best weapon set, I used to run the soma p and Dragon nikana build but so much has come out I have no idea what's gud now.

Any links or info would be great thanks.

Not even sure if this is the right place to ask but thanks 

9 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Varacal said:

only important thing to remember is now we are no longer called Tennos, but instead we're called Losers

Lol. A lot has changed.

Quick rundown:

• New weapons and frames 
  • New quest(s)
  • New mods called rivens. To get them you have to do second dream. 
  • Kuva new resource that you can get from kuva siphons after doing second dream
  • New resource called nitain
  • Lots of angry protests in forums
  • Ash rework
  • Limbo rework
  • New deluxe skins
  • We got tennogen stuff (finally!)
  • New augment mods
  • New planet (need to do the quest before second dream for it, forgot what it's called tho)
  • Sortie changed (new rewards)
  • Endo replaced fusion cores
  • Relics replaced the void

In terms of weapons, the soma is still pretty good. Melee - dragon nikana has been replaced by nikana prime, galatine prime or venka prime.

Pretty sure I covered most of it. If you need a clan please message :)

Edited by (PS4)auwsomestgamer

Prime parts now come from Relics. Relic are substitution for void keys. Lith for T1, Meso for T2, Neo for T3, Axi for T4.

Soma prime is still end game weapon. There is a Nikana prime if you like that weapon.

From new weapons I would recommend looking for Tigris Prime, Galatine Prime, Venka Prime,...

There are few new warframes like Inaros, Titania, Nidus..

Well warframe wiki might have most answers for you.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)guamsownthor said:

Voids are no longer the prime farm spots?

Prime parts now come from Relics. Relics drop where the keys used to. All your keys are now Relics

To start a Relic mission you need to offer one Relic. Unlike the key system, one player does not taxi the other four in; a player who wants prime parts needs to spend a Relic of his own.

In a Relic mission, you need to pick up 10 reactant; this is the easy part. At the end of the mission, all Relics crack open into a prime part. You can only take one prime part, but each part can be claimed by any number of players (so if your Relic becomes a Soma Prime Barrel, all four players can get a Soma Prime Barrel if that's what they all want)

Cracking open a relic also gives you Void Traces, between 6 and 30. If you complete the Earth -> Mars junction mission, you can spend 100 Traces to turn a relic into a Radiant Relic. Radiant relics have 5x higher Rare drop chance (that is to say, 10% chance; if all four squadmates have Radiant Relics, that's a 35% chance of at least one Rare)

(and I for one much prefer the Relic system; I would much rather grind for 35% than spend 20 waves in T3 Defense for a mere 5.5% chance)

Oh, and the planet-to-planet junctions are a new thing too, try them out. They also give you some of the cool new quests

25 minutes ago, (PS4)guamsownthor said:

What's the new best weapon set, I used to run the soma p and Dragon nikana build but so much has come out I have no idea what's gud now.

Soma Prime is still good. Dragon Nikana has been one-upped by Nikana Prime

Edited by TARINunit9

1 hour ago, (PS4)auwsomestgamer said:

Lol. A lot has changed.

Quick rundown:

• New weapons and frames 
  • New quest(s)
  • New mods called rivens. To get them you have to do second dream. 
  • Kuva new resource that you can get from kuva siphons after doing second dream
  • New resource called nitain
  • Lots of angry protests in forums
  • Ash rework
  • Limbo rework
  • New deluxe skins
  • We got tennogen stuff (finally!)
  • New augment mods
  • New planet (need to do the quest before second dream for it, forgot what it's called tho)
  • Sortie changed (new rewards)
  • Endo replaced fusion cores
  • Relics replaced the void

In terms of weapons, the soma is still pretty good. Melee - dragon nikana has been replaced by nikana prime, galatine prime or venka prime.

Pretty sure I covered most of it. If you need a clan please message :)

Its the War Within not second dream

Forget what's good and get what you want. Strong for a meta does not essencially mean that it's that strong to begin with.

The meta is still getting recommendet a lot but Elite Meta mandatorys are a thing of the past now that everything but raids and derelict are accessable public. Means that it's the best time to get creative.

1 hour ago, GorgontheMorgon said:

Its the War Within not second dream

Yep, and it's past second dream, not before. Keep track of the new maps once you're able to access them. Surrounding Sytems provide a new quest type - Kuva missions for the ressource Kuva, which are a ressource to re-roll Riven mods. Those are not only strong depending on the weapon (split in 3 categorys depending on strength and popularity of the corresponding weapons) but also rollable to random stats which may or may not be awesome for a weapon.

Status on melee got also buffed quite a bit with "condition overload", which buffs your weapon damage multiplicative, depending on the quantity of status types on enemys. Try it on a saryn using the Telos Boltace. Works awesome with toxic lash not scaling  from less but weapon damage, which is (or should be) working in direct synergy with spores share and pop damage. This combo puts her on a completely new scale.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108